Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • North Pennines Mountain Bike Marathon
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve dropped hints about this over the last few months, it looks like its going to happen!

The website should be going live in a week or so, but in an effort to get an idea of numbers of people who may be interested,I’ve setup a facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Pennines-MTB-Marathon/239603412888357

Please do me a favour and like/share it to spread the word, and add a comment if you fancy getting involved.

If you don’t have facebook, post up here if you fancy it.

PS Anyone know how to create a poll/question on facebook?

beaker2135

Too much for me to ride but I’m moving to Alston around Easter I’d be happy to marshal, spanner or whatever

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I lived in Allendale for about 5 years in late 90’s and the area is frankly stunning with some truly great natural biking. The weather can be bleak but sometimes that can add to the experience. Good venue. I’m not sure I’ll be fit enough and with twins due in late June it would be more than my life is worth but I’ll follow you on facebook with great interest.

P20

Keeping an eye on this one. HAve liked/linked on FB

eddie11
    Free Member

looks good. i too am interested. when is it?

bajsyckel

Looks good – hope it gets off the ground this time around. Any chance of some route info or is it all hush hush? Is it all ROW based or do you have some permissions for some of the other estate/access tracks? I assume all the routes are planned for all-weather/all occasions, or do you have some fall-back scenario if it ends up being a “summer” like a couple of years ago?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Sorry,

its saturday 19th July. Kick off around 10amish.

Route will all be RoW based, but am in the process of notifying the landowners to see what can be done to keep everyone happy. Final route will be released within a week to go, but you’ll probably be able to take an educated guess at the details 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘North Pennines Mountain Bike Marathon’ is closed to new replies.