• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by accu.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Non-stealth dropper
  • rossburton
    Free Member

So I’m after a non-stealth dropper of reasonable length (125mm at least and possibly 150mm). Is the only option a Reverb, or are there other non-stealth droppers that are not just 100mm out there?

motozulu
    Free Member

Yep – KS Lev or on a budget the new RSP Plummet plus others

nosedive
    Free Member

Giant contact switch in 125 and 150 and apparently swappable between internal and external. Just ordered one. Will report back when it arrives if I remember

rossburton
    Free Member

Wow the Giant is impressively cheap at £150. If I didn’t get the Giant I’d go for a Reverb to be honest, CRC have the non-stealth model at £240 and I’ve got one on the other bike so better the devil you know and all that!

swanny853

Fox does 150mm for external. Has a fixed cable too.

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Ks lev, it’s external cable routing is really tidy and it’s just an all round good dropper. Not cheap though.

John

nosedive
    Free Member

So update on the giant contact switch. It looks really nice, the overall impression is that its simple but good build quality. The lever isnt a design I would have chosen but its easy to use, light action and better than the reverb one. Post has slight lateral play, maybe more than a reverb but i cant feel it when riding. The option to swap the cable mounting from top to bottom is brilliant. The whole mechanism is in a cartridge and it looks like the rest will be easy to take apart and clean. Post stays put if you happen to lift the bike by the seat. 150 mm is great for getting the post totally out of the way but does leave a lot of cable loop when externally mounted. Very impressed overall, will have to see how it lasts. Im probably going to sell my other reverb to try and fund another one of these for my second bike.

rossburton
    Free Member

Ah interesting, thanks. I found a cheap reverb for the new build but my other bike really could do with a new dropper so I may swap it for a Giant.

poah
    Free Member

Lev DX

dufusdip
    Free Member

Winstanley bikes have reverbs for 199 for non stealth with 125mm and 100mm options.

reverb

sam_underhill

3 lev external (and 1 integra) here. Brilliant pieces of kit. Sure, they need servicing, just like any other manufacturer and there have been some stories of failures (probably no more than anyone else?).
    The external cable routing is brilliant though. With the southpaw lever they are brilliant droppers.

accu
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Non-stealth dropper’ is closed to new replies.