• This topic has 48 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by joat.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Non-Baggy Baggy Shorts (Baggy)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…which don’t cost a million quid.

A bit like this chap is wearing:

Suggestions?

Northwind

Is that shorts and knee-warmers?

Royal MW365 are ace- fairly short, they sit just above the knee on me but they’re stretchy and fairly close fitting.

Clink

Those new Endura xc baggies? MTR I think.

RichT

I got some Rapha touring shorts in the sale and they are excellent. Often on ebay and they look like the pic!

Jamie
    Free Member

Is that shorts and knee-warmers?

Yeah, so minus the warmers.

I got some Rapha touring shorts in the sale and they are excellent. Often on ebay and they look like the pic!

How much in the sale? As that’s the second time they have been recommend to me.

ton

them tightish knee length chino’s that all the kids are wearing…..they are ace for touring. just ditch the plimsoles and the twatish preppy haircuts.. 8)

rOcKeTdOg

man in the picture needs a frame the right size

binners

Sombrio are the way forward! Not remotely flappy.they feel fitted but you don’t look like a closet roadie. Ludicrously expensive, but you can normally pick them up in the CRC sales as they surely can’t shift many at full price

You won’t half cut a dash though

*swoons*

Jamie
    Free Member

and the twatish preppy haircuts.

Not an issue, Ton. You probably have more hair on your toes, than I have on my melon.

Sombrio

Will check ’em, yo!

RichT

I can’t remember, but about half price I think. I wear them both on and off road. They fit really well and are not at all flappy, even though I’m quite thin. Best over bib-shorts.

mrhoppy

Sombrio +1.

Eye wateringly expensive but I picked mine up from CRC for the price of normal baggies, won’t wear anything else now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just looked on CRC, and there doesn’t seem to be much on there. Maybe sold out of the decent stuff.

Toasty

man in the picture needs a frame the right size

Boardman only makes bikes for children, XL has a 57cm seat tube.

matt_outandabout

Sombrio: best shorts and 3/4’s I have owned – and not too baggy.
    Some of the new Haglofs and North Face shorts look nice and snug.
    Do not ignore just a good outdoor brands softshell short – I have Montane and Salomon trousers, and they are snug and stretchy and water and wind resistant.

scotroutes

The Emdura ones mentioned above should meet all your criteria

Jamie
    Free Member

Those new Endura xc baggies? MTR I think.

Looking on Endura’s website now….these ones?

Do not ignore just a good outdoor brands softshell short – I have Montane and Salomon trousers, and they are snug and stretchy and water and wind resistant.

I was thinking that. As I have some Haglofs stuff for the upper half, and it’s very versatile.

J273
    Free Member

The royal mw365 as mentioned above are pretty much perfect and what your after.

I bought some from northwinds recommendation and they are perfect for road use (what I use them for ) or MTB use .

It’s just a shame they are a tad short ,wouldn’t mind a longer fit. Ill have to get some endura MTR’s next time and see what the fits like.

scotroutes
    Cammer
    Free Member

Recently purchased a pair of these for road riding, or as a warmer short for mountain biking in the autumn

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear-alp-x-softshell-mtb-shorts/

Paid a bit less but still expensive and hoping they last many years!

I looked at those Endura’s above, seemed ideal but I tried a pair on, and the button came off so didn’t trust their longetivity.

angeldust
    Free Member

Endura Singletrack lite shorts are a non baggy baggy. I’ve just got some and rather like them. They are also much lighter and cooler than the standard singletracks so they are much more suited to the current hot spell.

The hummvee lites are a similar slim fit, but have a shorter leg and use an even lighter material. I’ve been using them when it’s been super hot and they have been doing a good job. Look more like ‘touring’ shorts though.

fanatic278
    Free Member

After trying on a fair few pairs including the Endura MTR and Royal MW365, I went for the Endura MTR. The length was better for me (34in inside leg) and the crotch was closer fitting. The waist sizing was the same as I’d go for in a pair of jeans.

Just order a bunch from CRC or Wiggle and send back the ones you don’t want. Return postage is free if you have Collect+ nearby.

J273
    Free Member

What’s the length like on the singletrack lites?

Like the look of them

cinnamon_girl

You need to talk to rOcKeTdOg, he of the bad ass shorts. 😀

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Troy Lee skylines are similar to the MW365 but a bit longer. Thin, stretchy not too baggy baggies.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

NZo Dobies

Love mine.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

TLD Skyline as mentioned above, I have pics somewhere.

EDIT:

zippykona

Specialized enduro shorts are good.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I got some from decathlon and they’re great. Zip vents, pockets, lightweight, tough, cheap and not too baggy. I think they were about £25 including the padded Lycra innerspring – though they’re not Lycra, some other type of stretchy lycra style material. I wearvthise or normal Lycra bib shorts underneath.

simon1975

I’ve got these from Charge. Possibly a little shorter than above. I like them and they seem fairly robust:

https://www.surface-clothing.com/Shop/Liquistretch-Fitted-Padless-Cycling-Shorts

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Oakley Bark are worth a look

DezB
    Free Member
    timb34
    Free Member

These are the ones that Fumic and Fontana have been racing in (I think)

Not a million quid, but rather expensive…

http://www.cannondale.com/catalog/product/view/id/29582/s/cfr-team-baggy-short/category/519/

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey! they’re in the Rapha price range

timb34
    Free Member

I think (hope) it’s a joke – I’ve seen them for about 60€ in online bike shops

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Another recommendation for the rapha touring shorts here.

tonyd

I’ve been agonising over this for months now! Looking for something close fitting (but stylish!) for the road bike commute. I’m almost ready to push the button the WWR shorts here:

shorts

somafunk

Belt loops on a riding short? – who the **** wears a belt when on the bike, fit adjustable side pulls/tabs instead you idiots.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Decathlon XC 7 shorts, light, not very baggy, comfy and long enough to not look like a German tourist. £36
    Chapeau! Also do a pair as well

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Levis are selling some of their commuter stuff off…

http://www.levi.com/GB/en_GB/category/men/clothing/collections/levi-collections-commuter

(i’d avoid the slim fit stuff though – not a good match for cyclists thighs)

_tom_
    Free Member

The dhb ones from wiggle are cheap and good fitting.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Non-Baggy Baggy Shorts (Baggy)’ is closed to new replies.