Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nomad portable bike pressure washer – anyone use one?
  • cinnamon_girl

Would be interested to hear as to its reliability considering it’s a lot of dosh for a year’s warranty.

My Dirt Worker failed after not much use and there was mixed reviews on the Mobi washer.

Can the silly high price tag be justified?

As always, thanks. 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I don’t know about the Nomsd models in particular but I’ve been using Mobi washer for about two years now and it’s never missed a beat.
    I looked at the Nomsd washers at a race a while back and coukdnt help but think that they seemed a bit overpriced for what they are.

timmys

The guy distributing Nomads used to distribute Dirtworkers and is helpful beyond belief. I’d buy a Nomad over any other purely based on the support from him. It would be worth contacting him about your Dirtworker if you still have it as you might well be able to get it up and running again.

mattjg
    Free Member

I have one and used it quite a lot (a couple of times a week at least) all through last year’s hosepipe ban, for washing bikes and watering the garden.

It’s worked fine except it became increasingly difficult to get a sealed connection between the hose and the unit. On inspection the little rubber ring on the hose connector had become loose and floppy. I contacted Nomad and they sent me a couple of spares, and their advice is to grease those connections. They were responsive and helpful, it was within the warranty period.

The pressure is just right for washing bikes with a brush.

I agree the warranty is a little short. I’ve no idea if other units would be any better or worse. The Nomad has worked will aside from the rubber ring issue.

zerocool

My Mobi washer is still going strong after 4 years, but I don’t know anything about the Nomad washers.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the helpful replies.

When I did have a problem with the Dirt Worker, the company were very helpful and it was returned to them for repair. Got some useful tips on here when it wasn’t working (again) but unfortunately nothing worked and off to the tip it went.

I can’t help wondering whether the Mobi is basically the same as the Dirt Worker hence my caution.

Now my bikes will need to be washed after every ride as they’re living in the house hence needing something reliable.

Just would have expected a minimum 2 year warranty for the money.

jsync
    gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Something like this for about £20 delivered?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

originally used the yellow dirt worker – finally died on me last year after several years of abuse and plenty of replacement parts

now use a Nomad with twin batteries, a lot more useful than the plug in dirtworker -and loads of spares and accessories available on their website now (rather than ebay) – its a much improved and developed product now

cons – expensive and watch out for the flimsy plastic fittings at the base of the gun, they break easy if you drop the gun on hard paving = means you don’t get a good seal when connecting the hose and half the water sprays in your face and not the bike (£20 replacement cost for a new spray gun….. ouch)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nomad portable bike pressure washer – anyone use one?’ is closed to new replies.