Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Nightmare landlady – advice required
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

except I might have to be on television, and I look a bit like a mumbling bearded giant toe.

I'm surprised you've not been offered a job on the show itself …

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, look on the bright side: If she burns all your gear whilst you're out, at least I've got your tyres safely stashed away!
    😉

clubber
    Free Member

It's defInitely true. I can see the asylum from my place…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

……I'm clever like that.

You are indeed. Pat on the head

So you are. I can see you can cut and paste as well as I can!

Well I'm glad that my undeniably impressive intellect has finally been reconised.

Although I was unaware that you had to be a member of Mensa to figure out that if you piss someone off,
    then it is highly likely that they might become awkward and stroppy.

And whilst Einstein's still on the forum ……. got any other difficult conundrums you need sorting PeterPoddy ?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Calm down dear, it just the internerd.

Honestly, anyone would think you're a dodgy scamming scumbag landlord who'd just been shopped to the polis by a bright intelligent popular young legal eagle, you're so touchy, 🙄

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And whilst Einstein's still on the forum ……. got any other difficult conundrums you need sorting PeterPoddy

Given your current poor form, I think I'll pass if it's all the same to you?
    😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Calm down dear, it just the internerd.

….you're so touchy

My incandescent rage is that obvious, eh ?

Well I can't help it ……Morticia's plight is something which is very close to my heart – I've just kicked the cat and thrown my coffee at the screen 😐

PP – I'm sorry you feel that way. Let me know if you change your mind though – won't you ?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

he he.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yay another STW imploding thread.

That's not a bad idea, except I might have to be on television, and I look a bit like a mumbling bearded giant toe.

That is the most honest and highly accurate description I've heard someone say of themselves for quite some time.

😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

House looked fairly acceptable to me, I was expecting a hovel. You ratted her out to the authorities while getting a cheap as chips rate on an apparently old and maybe a bit questionable property – what a surprise she got arsey with you!

It's impossible for us to see how bad it apparently is for you, but your comments just seem odd – moaning about your landlady having already ratted her in and given your notice? What advice do you need?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Out of interest, if due to the low rents and financical circumstances that led he to "invite" people into her *home* for modest returns, she can't afford the works needed, and has to evict everyone, making people who both cant afford better, or get a decent deposit or references, will you still be such a magnificent specimin of the "holier than thou fighting for your rights in health and safety?"

Or didn't you think about anyone else when you blubbed to the council?

I still dont get why you didnt move out if it was unsatisfactory. Just hand in your notice and move on.

I lived in a shytehole that the man from the council said was the second worse house he'd ever seen. (nothing to do with us, he jsut appeared one day and we let him in) But I couldn't have afforded to continue to live and study somewhere else on my trivial full student grant (unable to work in holidays, nursing my mother).

It was still a roof over my head, that we could treat as we wished – decent parties without worrying neighbours ect.

Sometimes, you pay your money and take your choice. Sounds like you wanted an Orange for Apollo money. And then complained when it wasn't full xt.

barney
    Free Member

Jujuuk68

What a truly extraordinary, nonsensical post.

So you're actually blaming him for making his flatmates homeless?? You actually missed out that crucial word, there, but I think we get the gist.

Bully for you, being happy to put up with crap housing and foetid conditions while your landlord laughed his way to the bank; some people actually exercise their rights occasionally..
    I assume that '68 is the year of your birth? Grants in he mid eighties were a damn sight better than they were subsequently, and still people managed to live in reasonable conditions..

backhander
    Free Member

Minimum standards are there for a reason IMHO.
    You may well have done her a favour. Electricity (if you didn't know) can kill and if the fire officer refused to leave until works were carried out, it was for a reason. It may have been her killed by electrocution.
    If she cannot afford to maintain the dwelling, then she should not be renting out rooms and should sell it. If somebody does get hurt, I can tell you categorically she WILL go to prison. She will have no defence and maybe she should be reminded of this.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I still dont get why you didnt move out if it was unsatisfactory.

Presumably for the same reasons that he moved in in the first place. Mr Agreeable claims that :

"When I moved in the landlady gave me the impression that the place was a work in progress and was gradually being done up"

He also claims that the problems include 'dodgy electrics, blocked drains, damp, collapsing ceilings and fire hazards'. Now I reckon that it probably would have been fairly easy to figure out if these problems were long term ones which had clearly been ignored over a period of time, or whether they had recently occurred and were in the process of being resolved.

What I suspect probably happened (if there's any truth to this story at all) is that Mr Agreeable became fully aware of the existing problems upon visiting the house for the first time however, unable to resist a accommodation which was 'cheap as chip' he decided to move in nevertheless with the intention that once in, he would use his expertise as an apprentice high court judge to ameliorate his accommodation.

He would then be living in a rather pleasant environment in a lovely house, and yet be only paying chips for rent. Not a bad plan imo, not sure how it will pan out though.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Very Funny Ernie. Where is Judge Agreeable tonight? I bet he's quaffing fine cognac with some budding paralegals 🙂

DrDolittle
    Free Member

Hodeho.

MrAgreeable, I've read that you question my tough guy status.

Why don't you ask me out for a date, and then whinge that I am a bad listener. And then you can grass me up to..somebody..you can claim I misrepresented myself when you came a calling. And then you could ask the hardy mountainbikers on STW to shore up the shakey foundations of your decision making process.

MrAgreeable

Just been to see tenancy relations, who have confirmed what I suspected – she can't bring my notice period forward just because she says so, and she can't ask me to move a shed that has sat there for 5 months with no issues. They are going to write to her to "clarify" this. There also seem to be some moves afoot to sort the place out – I chatted to a plumber today who was fixing the boiler (which was malfunctioning so that the central heating was on all the time) and the electrics in the kitchen have been done, or at least made safe.

Still getting hassle from her in the form of texts asking for money, telling me she needs access to my room etc. I've also found out that someone's skanked my bass guitar which was left in a communal room. 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

I do love the assumptions people make about people they've never met 🙂

Cognac round at mine, tonight, Mr_A? I sold of a couple of bikes that were lying around in my garage (they were a bit small for me) to buy some really rather splendid bottles 😉

MrAgreeable

Louis XIII? Capital! 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

What's skanking?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Where I come from, skanking = stealing

MrAgreeable

Stealing. It was only a cheapo Yamaha one and I haven't played it in months but obviously I'm a bit gutted.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ace, I'm all up for this sort of skanking
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf82Q1-NMQI&feature=related

But ive never heard the stealing version, good to learn new uses of words!

There's a reason I'd never live with anyone other than my very close friends or family – can't trust anyone. Can you see into her windows when she's out to see if she has it? Pretend you're helping out by cleaning the windows?

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Nightmare landlady – advice required’ is closed to new replies.