• This topic has 92 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Merak.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • New U2 Album / ITunes ??
  • paulmgreen
    Free Member

So…. It kinda snuck out today under the radar, but U2 have a new album out ….. On ITunes today …… For free !

I have gone to iTunes Store and indeed it is there and shows on the description as being automatically purchased for you and available in your library……. Except it’s not there on either of my two devices?

Anyone been able to download it tonight ? .?

zap
    Free Member

Yep, i struggled at first then mrs zap came to the rescue, listening now. Pretty good. On the iphone, go itunes, then more, then purchased, then music, it should be listed, then download all.

CountZero

Looked on iTunes, it’s not listed in purchased music as far as I can see.
    Weird, I can find it in iTunes on my pad, but not on my phone. Not sure why.

somafunk

If you have iCloud enabled i think it’s a download from there, i don’t have iCloud enabled so i may be wrong.

CountZero

S’okay, found it, just about to download now. 😀

jamj1974

Think it’s ok. Doesn’t sound complacent which they are often accused of…

peteimpreza

Where is it then?

In the store it says it is purchased but not showing in the music app.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Yes… I still have exactly that ….. Annoying

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh a free U2 album! How exciting! [/lowest-form-of-wit]

CountZero

Anyone still struggling, you go into iTunes > More > Purchased > Music > Recent Purchases and it should be listed there with the cloud/arrow icon ready to download.
    And Dez, we get it, you’re not a fan; I’m not a great fan of their later albums, but hey, it’s free, some of it might be ok, so I’m not going to be a whiney bitch and snivel about it like many are doing in the twitterverse.
    Anyone would think Apple and U2 are forcing people to download stuff against their will; you don’t want it, don’t download it, and don’t ****ing whine about it! 🙄

Lifer
    Free Member

Too expensive

cookeaa

Too expensive

+1

I’ll download it but only if they promise this is the last one… and give me a tenner… and I don’t actually have to listen to it…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

+2. Giving me a fiver would still be too expensive for anything by U2.

ratherbeintobago

The thing that’s really annoyed me about this is the lack of an opt out.

I don’t want any U2 LP, never mind the latest one, and I don’t understand why Apple feel they’re benefiting from association with the preaching, hypocritical, tax evading (allegedly) twunt that is Bonio.

CountZero

ratherbeintobago – Member
    The thing that’s really annoyed me about this is the lack of an opt out.

I don’t want any U2 LP, never mind the latest one, and I don’t understand why Apple feel they’re benefiting from association with the preaching, hypocritical, tax evading (allegedly) twunt that is Bonio.
    Oh, for the love of Christ! You. Don’t. Have. To. Download. It! Is that clear enough? It’s not sitting in your Library, lurking for a random play opportunity, it’s sitting in the Purchases section waiting to be downloaded. If you never download it, you’ll never have to listen to it.
    Is that clear enough for the hard of understanding?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Ooh a free U2 album! How exciting! [/even lower-form-of-wit]

ratherbeintobago

Oh, for the love of Christ! You. Don’t. Have. To. Download. It! Is that clear enough?

Even the thought that it’s available in my account in iCloud makes me feel unclean.

JulianA
    Free Member

The bad news is that the name suggests that there is another album to come – Songs of Experience?

DezB
    Free Member

And Dez, we get it, you’re not a fan; I’m not a great fan of their later albums, but hey, it’s free, some of it might be ok, so I’m not going to be a whiney bitch and snivel about it like many are doing in the twitterverse.

I wish you’d get over this need you seem to have to police my posts. If you don’t like what I say just **** ignore it. It’s easy. I do it to yours all the time.

binners

U2 – like the Rollin Stones – started well, then the law of diminishing returns kicks in to a massive degree. And they’ll probably keep churning utterly unlistenable crap out until they’re on their 90’s. Oasis were another candidate. But at least they had the decency to split up not too long after it became painful to listen too. Coldplay are going to keep going forever too, aren’t they? And they didn’t even start well!

jimster01

IMHO with the growing trend of music streaming sites becoming available artists are having to resort to more “imaginative ” means of getting new material across to the public in general,fans will always buy new material,look at all the expanded reissues available. A few years ago Radiohead released In Rainbows on a “pay what you think it’s worth basis”,funnily enough their only album not on Spotify, it’s a gamble that will eventually buy it,or an over inflated ticket to see the show giving them opportunity to play new music to their fans.

As for U2 themselves,they’re a marmite band,even in Ireland – not everyone likes them – get over it and move on, we can’t all be there same otherwise it’ll be a pretty boring life. 😕

eddiebaby
    Free Member

, we can’t all be there same otherwise it’ll be a pretty boring life.

A very Irish attitude.

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s music, it’s free. Give it a go and enjoy it or not.

At the end of the day, if they were a pub band playing like this we’d all be wetting ourselves over how good they are but cool people want to hate them for who they are now.

(I am not a particular fan of them but credit to them for giving out something for free).

footflaps

but credit to them for giving out something for free

I suspect Apple paid them a hefty lump sum……

johndoh
    Free Member

So what?

benji
    Free Member

Now the charts are based on downloads, if they give it away free does it still count on the download chart?

Sonor
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

I opened iTunes last night and there was a bloody U2 album sat in my library! Cheeky bastards.

john_drummer
    Free Member

sounds ok so far. if they’re giving it away, who am I to argue?

I first saw them on the OGWT in the late 70s & thought they were pretty good. some of the recent stuff has passed me by but overall, I’d rather listen to U2 than a million X-Factor wannabes

jambalaya
    Free Member

I opened iTunes last night and there was a bloody U2 album sat in my library! Cheeky bastards.

You want to turn automatic updates off then 🙂

I’ve downloaded it, seems ok. I wouldn’t have bought it but I’ll take a free copy.

Jim-bob
    Free Member

One more reason to avoid iTunes.

Mark

Yeah..
    Giving us free stuff..

Burn it!

I listened to it in the car this morning. It didn’t offend me.

🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Ooo! Wossit like?

😈

DezB
    Free Member

No idea, I deleted it. Got plenty of new stuff and better old stuff to listen to!

john_drummer
    Free Member

How do you know?

binners

What’s the difference between Bono and god?

God doesn’t go around thinking he’s Bono.

Drac

but credit to them for giving out something for free

I bet they get taxed for it though, oh wait that’s right they don’t pay tax that’ll help in giving stuff away for free.

jamj1974

Can’t believe this is really worth a thread… Band makes music and distributes for free. It’s not new, it’s not important and it’s really quite boring.

Drac

Can’t believe this is really worth a thread… Band makes music and distributes for free. It’s not new, it’s not important and it’s really quite boring.

Thanks for your contribution.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘New U2 Album / ITunes ??’ is closed to new replies.