Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • New Superstar Tesla hub – anyone any insight/bought one?
  • davosaurusrex

Ran Pro 2s and earlier Hopes for over a decade before I got the Superstars and never had a problem beyond a few broken springs and pawls. Buy cheap, buy twice! Loving the e13s but they are serious money compared to Hopes on Stans etc. The cost saving between Hope and SS just isn’t worth it.

davosaurusrex

No prob with the front on mine although mileage too low to really tell. SKF bearings felt lovely and smooth though. Have to say the Pacenti rims were nice and the build seemed good and tight, shame about the freehub.

Spin
    Free Member

I’m tempted by a front one as my QR forks will probably need replaced in the not too distant and I like the idea of not having to buy a new wheel at the same time.

Having read this thread I’ve ordered something a bit more reliable for the back.

b45her
    Free Member

ooohhhh good luck with those trs+ wheels, i have a chub front wheel (the exact same hub) that would eat though bearings in weeks even in the summer i still have it seized solid under my stairs.
    i have learned to never ever buy anything MTB related that was designed in the USA they don’t seem to know that water and mud exist.

davosaurusrex

Oh. Balls. Couldn’t find anything negative about them online before I pressed ‘buy’.

b45her
    Free Member

well you never know they may have changed the sealing on them when they were relaunched as e*thirteen wheels.

c_klein87

Mines been in twice for repair, now a replacement, i’m praying the second one is better! its a shame as the concept of the hub is nice, but trying to pack 6 pawls and 6 deg of engagement has backfired!

davosaurusrex

c klein87 – are you refering to the Teslas?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hmmm. Glad I avoided these in the end, although I did end up with a set of wheels that don’t get much love on here…Easton Havocs! So far, I’m really happy with them…light, strong, easy to set up tubeless and I think they look lovely.

Bearings in the rear haven’t come loose yet, although I do have the spacer upgrade to fit at some point.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Same here, I toyed with the idea of their Stans Iron Cross wheelset, then a similar set with Novatech hubs from elsewhere, and finally went Hope from JRA.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘New Superstar Tesla hub – anyone any insight/bought one?’ is closed to new replies.