Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • new roadshoes – white or white sir ?
  • iainc

just purchased some Spesh BG Comps – why do they only come in white ? 👿

My last pair of white trainers was when I was about 15 ! (30 + yrs ago…. 😀 )

steve_b77
    Free Member

White road shoes is a must, they’re faster for a start and especially euro, which is the way of the road cyclist

iainc

yeah, but now i need to buy white socks !

scaredypants

possibly a bit too bronzy-looking for a REAL winner ?

atlaz
    Free Member

I got some VERY shiny black ones at the weekend. Just fitting new carbon forks and I will be fully colour coordinated for the weekend.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nah, just make sure the socks don’t encroach on your lower calf a la texan style

iainc

maybe I could get some white full length bibs ? 😆

carbon337
    Free Member

I got the white s-works they are class. Next step is Rapha socks to match my Rapha oversocks. I’m a total tart.

iainc

I’m a total tart.

I am at risk of becoming ‘all the gear no idea’ with this road bike malarky….. 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

Black for the UK.

iainc

Black for the UK

my sentiments exactly…just wish Specialized thought that too. I love their shoes, they fit my shonky knees and I use wedges and blue footbeds in them, so changing brand wasn’t a sensible option – maybe some black boot polish ? 😀

crikey
    Free Member

Ooooh no. White shoes with white oversocks for the cafe stop win..

Ginger
    Free Member

All the gear, no idea fear eh?

Don’t worry Iain, your full bag of excuses and empty bag of talent on the mountain bike will stand you in good stead for the road! 😆

So what plastic bike did you end up buying then?

Ginger
    Free Member

Oh and it’s Sanny posting on Ginger’s account if you were wondering, Iain. 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I got the white s-works they are class. Next step is Rapha socks to match my Rapha oversocks. I’m a total tart

If the whole ‘top of the range’ thing is important to you, then fair play. At least you’ve bin honest. 😆

There’s a feller rides round central London, lovely Colnago road bike last time I seen him, will be decked out in full team kit of some TdF team or other, TotR gear, Oakleys, the lot. An überposeur.

Seems that he does it deliberately, just to be seen. Reminds me a bit of those (a bit sad looking if truth be told) punks you get round Caymden, who seem to do it for the benefit of the tourists.

Don’t know the bloke and I’m not going to judge him at all, life need’s it’s oddball characters. He could be a really nice bloke.

Just really, really ott. If you could get a cycling version of High Camp, he is it.

ourmaninthenorth

Just exercised the white/black choice (Spesh BG Pro). Naturally, I chose
    Black.

carbon337
    Free Member

I’ll be honest they’re the best bits in my road gear collection rest is altura or eBay bits. Bike was even built from STW classifieds.

I do like the idea of nice bits though as and when cash allows. Xmas/birthday bits and bobs.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘new roadshoes – white or white sir ?’ is closed to new replies.