Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • My new Nicolai turned up!
  • philbert31
    Free Member

Only got these pics as yet, I’ll hopefully be picking it up in the next week or so!

Its gonna be bright! 😀

daveh
    Free Member

Great color! Normally appreciate Nicolai’s but don’t particularly care for how they look – love this one! Pics when built.

shredder
    Free Member

Very very nice….cant wait for mine to arrive 😀

Kato

Awesome colour! I like that a lot

philbert31
    Free Member

I’d been sweating over which colour for about two months, then I saw this and new it was the one! lol

iolo
    Free Member

That’s a really nice looking bike in a great colour.
    What shock are you putting on it?

philbert31
    Free Member

CCBB air Cs and Pikes up front, although i almost wish I’d gone for Bos Devilles…

honourablegeorge

Is that an Ion 16 265? I have the 16, love it.

What’s the colour? It’s ace.

philbert31
    Free Member

Ion 16 650b, its Semi Permeable Yellow apparently.

chiefgrooveguru

Looks awesome. You’ll love the CCDBair and Pike, they’re incredibly good. I can’t see how BOS can be sufficiently better to risk the almost comedic support for servicing and warranties!

Yetiman
    Free Member

That looks ace. I test rode an ION 29er with Pikes and CCDB CS, it were brilliant. Looking forward to seeing this built up.

philbert31
    Free Member

Yetiman, was it dippers 29 you had a go on?

philbert31
    Free Member

I know that Bos aren’t great with parts but there are more and more threads popping up about problems with Pikes?

Yetiman
    Free Member

Philbert – yes, it was dippers demo bike. Did you get yours from Gravity Sports?

I’m on my second set of Pikes (150mm dual air, and 160mm solo air), and so far I haven’t experienced any problems.

woody2000

That’s an awesome colour, love it.

Here’s a pic of my ancient helius FR, just for the hell of it 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

I know that Bos aren’t great with parts but there are more and more threads popping up about problems with Pikes?

There are a LOT of Pikes out there. Most threads I’ve seen are people questioning the top out knock which is due to the small coil spring to initiate the negative stroke – you only notice it when you lift the front of the bike up, not when you’re riding it. Not a fault, just a side effect of what makes the small bump sensitivity so good.

philbert31
    Free Member

Yep, Richards gonna build it up for me, I’ll be heading up in the week or so with some parts then have a mooch on it around Scotland for a couple of days!

philbert31
    Free Member

There are a LOT of Pikes out there. Most threads I’ve seen are people questioning the top out knock which is due to the small coil spring to initiate the negative stroke – you only notice it when you lift the front of the bike up, not when you’re riding it. Not a fault, just a side effect of what makes the small bump sensitivity so good.

Thats a very good point and glad its not a fault!

sprocker
    Free Member

That’s look very nice, just about to order my helius tb and cannot decide on the colour !!

daveh
    Free Member

I hope one of these:

is in your future plans. Full lime green semi permeable yellow must be the only way to go!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Full beard needed as well of course.

mildred

It’s got to be called that because of school Osmosis experiments with semi-permeable membranes. The fluid used was always that colour.

philbert31
    Free Member

Full beard needed as well of course.

I thought that was part of the helmet – Enduro Strap? 8)

philbert31
    Free Member

[/quote] just about to order my helius tb and cannot decide on the colour !!

Hard work isn’t it! 😀

philbert31
    Free Member

Woody, i like the colour of that!

bearnecessities

Blimey, that is nice!

the_lecht_rocks

looking forward to seeing that built 😈

Lovely colour, but…

…when will Nicolai realise their graphics look shit and was it welded by a blind man with no hands?

roverpig

Now that I like. Funny, although I like the agricultural looks of a Five I’ve never really seen a Nicolai I like. Just a bit too industrial looking. But then I haven’t seen many that are in colour.

ahsat

…when will Nicolai realise their graphics look shit and was it welded by a blind man with no hands?

Agreed but I do enjoy watching peoples faces whilst they try to work out what bike I’ve got!

Awesome colour. Love it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Good lord

philbert31
    Free Member

Here she is!

The colour changes as different light hits it, i love it!!

Dropper Post will be fitted as soon as i get one.

edd

That’s so Enduro. 😉

boltonjon

Thats ace!! 🙂

Yetiman
    Free Member

Fab. There’s going to be no mistaking you out on the trails on that, so I hope you have the riding skills of Peaty 😉
    It makes my ano black AC 29er look positively dowdy.

Enjoy.

Bazz

That is one nice looking bike, needs mud or dust on it though, bet your going to have a fun summer 😀

Stevelol
    Free Member

That is extremely nice looking!!

DanW
    Free Member

Agreed but I do enjoy watching peoples faces whilst they try to work out what bike I’ve got!

In that case I reckon you’ll be getting mistaken for Jerome Clementz 😀

Great looking bike by the way… but then you already know that 😀

philbert31
    Free Member

[/quote]In that case I reckon you’ll be getting mistaken for Jerome Clementz

Until I start riding! 😀

larrystumbles
    Free Member

Sweet jesus that is a fine looking bike, love that colour… nice choice sir !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘My new Nicolai turned up!’ is closed to new replies.