Home Forums Bike Forum New Karcher vs Nomad Mobile Pressure Washer

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New Karcher vs Nomad Mobile Pressure Washer
  • dynastar
    Free Member

Anyone used both for a comparison yet? I know the Karcher is small at 4l. Is it worth paying the extra £50 for the Nomad. (appreciate there are cheaper alternatives around but going to bit the bullet and get one of the above 2)

jam-bo

Mate of mine really rated these:

Portable Pressure Washer Power Pump 12V 80W Self-priming Electric Car Wash Kit https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F361808730972

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Nomad every day of the week. We have one and it’s leagues ahead in terms of pressure, flow rate, battery life etc. Main drawback is it’s fairly big, but then the water reservoir gets 2 bikes done if you’re sensible.

Kärcher didn’t really make it as a pressure washer, more of a rinsing tool. Yes it’s small and very handy size, but it’s not up to knocking sticky mud off a Bike without refilling about 10 times and recharging. I see the point of it for rinsing off boots, dog paws etc.

vincienup
    Free Member

This makes me feel better. I went with a refurb aqua2go 15l unit and as soon as I tried moving it full wondered if I’d made the correct choice. I’ve used it to wash the car on a single fill before now, no bike issues. If the Karcher would have failed at muddy bike then it would have been the wrong choice for me. I know it mostly brushes off if you let it dry, but for my house, I need to be bringing a bike in as clean as possible.

colp

jam bo – Member
    Mate of mine really rated these:

Portable Pressure Washer Power Pump 12V 80W Self-priming Electric Car Wash Kit https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F361808730972

Do you know if that needs pressure at the water supply or will if just work off a tank?

rene59
    Free Member

Look at one of those worx hydroshot battery powerwashers, from what I have seen of them they look perfect for bike duties.

Northwind

Yeah, I saw a demo of the karcher, it’s good at what it does but it’s got no power, it’s a lot like the wide setting on a hose. Good for dogs and really fresh wet mud that’ll rinse off but it’ll not work well on proper clag

P20

The eBay kit sorts itself out. Just put the inlet into any water source and it will prime itself. Decent output. We’ve got one in the back of the van and carry a large drum. It did randomly fail the other week, but I’ve pulled it apart and it works again.

tomhoward

i went for the Nomad, it’s currently awaiting being returned to be fixed as there is an issue (out of the box) with the connection from tank to motor, meaning water is staying in the tank…

sprocker
    Free Member

Anyone tried 1 of the mobi v17 ones, £100 on wiggle at the minute.

dynastar
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments – Nomad it is then….

scc999

sprocker – I had the 12v mobi – great when it worked but kept blowing fuses and CRC didn’t want to know. I believe Mobi are no longer in existence so there is zero warranty support.

I got a Worx Hydroshot – so far so good.

HTH

Si

Tracey

Been running the Worx one in our camper all year. Can’t fault it.

ferrals
    Free Member

Some guys in my club had a worx one for cx pit duties And it blasts mud off pretty darn quick!

houndlegs
    Free Member

Whats the pressure like on that ebay kit? I’m after something for rinsing my caravan after washing, as opposed to blasting mud off, so I don’t want to high a pressure.

sprocker
    Free Member

Will have a look at the worx cheers

transition1
    Free Member

I had the mobi V15 which was great till a mate stood on the hose right by the unit breaking it off & cant find a replacement, it’s a screw thread into the mobi unit & hose attached on other end

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New Karcher vs Nomad Mobile Pressure Washer’ is closed to new replies.