Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New forks needed …… For my Soul …. Suggestions please
  • letmetalktomark

Currently running a Magura Thor 100/140mm.

➡ Current setup:

Don’t really need the step down travel option and if honest don’t need the full beans 140mm travel.

I originally ran it with my Reba forks at 115mm:

Then moved to a pair of Recon Race forks at 120mm:

I liked the 120mm version best I think.

So then ….. 120mm non Fox air fork ……. preferably bolt through ….. What be your thoughts?

flyingmonkeycorps

120mm bolt through Rebas?

Shorty121
    Free Member

You seemed to through the ones I would of suggested.

letmetalktomark

flyingmonkeycorps – Member

120mm bolt through Rebas?

Can you still get them? Only ever seen them OEM or super super expensive black box versions 😕

flyingmonkeycorps

Oh yeah! Bummer. Dunno then

titusrider
    Free Member

Well I settled on 2009 fox F120’s QR15 for my simple and they really are absolutly fantastic

no help to you though :p

🙂

I do agree 120mm is the sweet spot, even 130mm is to wandery and hard to weight the front through corners.

Vortexracing

120mm Rebas here as well, although I run 150mm Revs dropped to 130mm.

you could try the new bolt through SID’s they weigh sod all.

br
    Free Member

Is it possible to have the Thor’s modded to 120mm – maybe try the Magura Mechanic?

As well as the Thor’s I’ve also a pair of the Maxle 120mm Reba’s – they’re good.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Why is that tyre so close to the rebas……..

letmetalktomark

Vortexracing – Member

120mm Rebas here as well, although I run 150mm Revs dropped to 130mm.

you could try the new bolt through SID’s they weigh sod all.

Good shout on the Revs.

I have a pair of 100 Sids in their current form and agree weigh bugger all.

Flexy though in the QR set up I have.

Will look at the bolt through option.

Edit …..

Just noticed that the On One site says this about the 2011 Revs:

Updates for Model Year 2011:

Updated detented compression adjustment for RLT model.
    RLT models upgraded to Dual Flow rebound

Please note: weight limit 100kg, 16stone, 225lbs

mboy
    Free Member

120mm Reba’s on my Genesis Altitude here (to all intents and purposes, same geometry and very similar ride to the Soul). Have tried 130mm and it felt a bit wandery, 120mm seems the sweet spot.

If you can still find some 20mm bolt through Reba’s (there are still some about some places) like the 2010 Black Box ones I found last year for a bargain price, you will not be disappointed. The Black Box damping really is worth going for if you can find them.

Or if you’re happy enough with a 15mm axle, go for some 120mm SID’s. Same damping system, slightly lighter leg casting.

letmetalktomark

mboy – Thank you.

I have Black Box damping on a set of Reba forks and agree it seems a better system than the std moco.

Just need to find some now 😡

daveb
    Free Member

Currently running mine with 120mm 15mm bolt through SIDs, I had ran it with 140mm in the past and think 120mm feels much better all round. 120mm bolt through Sid or Reba, or if you can get a decent deal 120mm Fox.

Oh, and nice looking bike, I like the Orange frames, very nice (mine is black)

Baldysquirt

I run my pipedream with revs dropped to 130mm. The weight difference over rebas is pretty much non-existent and it was much easier to find cheap revs.

wrecker
    Free Member

X Fusion and Marz forks must be worth looking at? DT Swiss?
    What’s happening with the new Formula forks?
    There are viable competitors to Fox and RS nowadays (as you know having run Maguras).

Scamper
    Free Member

Running 2011 100mm thru bolt Reba’s on my Soul, but it seems impossible to determine without taking them apart if there is a removable spacer inside to take them to 120mm. Looking forward to trying out my 100/120/140 Fox Talas 32’s.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New forks needed …… For my Soul …. Suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.