Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)
  • New Forest Ride – Sunday 17th May
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

hmm, just wondering how i’m actually going to get there, not being insured to drive an that.

When I broke my wrist, I drove nearly every day with my right arm in plaster. For half of the time I was doing pizza delivery in my car as well….
    The worst thing was trying to count the change out without the use of my right thumb, which was plastered right to the end. I wasn’t cycling at the time but I couldn’t ride a motorbike as I coudn’t grip the handlebars or brake.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When I broke my right ankle I just bought an automatic Audi A8 so I had room to keep my right foot out the way and drove using my left foot. Easy to do when faced with 18 weeks in a cast. As long as you can maintain good control of the car there is no reason you won’t be insured.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Bloke i work with lives in the forest (not literally) and reckons the car park we’re meeting at also attracks another group of consenting adults looking for excitement. So look out for a group of strange people huddled around a car making excited noises, but be warned they might be singletrackers.

cinnamon_girl

So … does that mean some of you guys are going to make a weekend of it then 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I just hope my neighbour with the cucumber isn’t there

Nico
    Free Member

Looks very windy and a bit wet this weekend.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

This morning was wet and windy, its still windy, but the suns out now. Tomorrow looks similar, lashing down in the morning and sunny in the afternoon.

We’re about 10 miles west, so i’ll give you an early morning weather check in morning. I’m sure my little girl will wake me up early enough to catch you all before you leave.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don’t think it will be lashing down, more like possible scattered showers. Nothing today that would have soaked you.

I will look for your weather post tomorrow.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

We could all wear our long macks to fit in with the doggers if its that wet.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Do doggers wear long macks? Or do they de-robe?

cinnamon_girl

Looking forward to this. I can’t possibly get another soaking can I after the wild, wet and windy conditions of the North Hampshire Downs today?

Enjoy your dogging guys!

DezB
    Free Member

At the moment, its looking like we’ll see you there… just whether the child decides to be fickle due to the weather.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

good morning. Todays early weather report (sponsored by my little girl waking me up too early) is that in Poole it is currently a bit breezy looking, grey clouds everywhere but not raining at present. Cannot give a temperature estimation as i’m not going outside in my pyjamas for you lot.

Will hopefully see you all in a few hours, although it does look a bit full of it.

rOcKeTdOg

it is lovely an sunny in Warwick, hope this helps
    btw next weekend when i’m down in poole the weather, of course, will be glorious 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

It is now what they technically describe as p***ing down.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It WILL rain this morning! Heavily……
    It will then clear for a while and there’s a distinct possibility of heavy showers afterwards.
    Bring a WATERPROOF!!!!!
    🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

P1ssing down in Southampton but should clear for 10:30ish. Worth bringing a jacket but hopefully not a canoe. The trail is quite sandy so should drain reasonably.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Rains gone!!

Sunshine and blue skies!!!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well it was a bit damp under foot and a little windy on the exposed bits but I enjoyed it. Top marks to MrsPoddys Apple flapjack, DezB for riding with a plaster cast while towing his sons tag-a-long, Lydon for pedalling when DezB was struggling on the hills and CinnamonGirl for organising it.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

We got caught out in that rain early on and i can tell you it was not pleasent at all. I had forgoten just how much fingers and toes hurt when they get properly cold. Other than that had a good day out once the rain went away.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i didnt realise there is riding to be had in the new forest!!

im based in marchwood and have been sitting on the spinner every night!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member
    oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i have mailed you when i was here but i got no answer!!

will try again

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Sorry – must have missed that

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks for the organising and guiding. Some fun riding, some fun bog treading! Wether certainly could’ve been much worse,seeing as it was peeing down all the way home.
    Look forward to seeing PP’s pics of me struggling!

tootallpaul

Thanks for a good day chaps. Nice to put names to aliases, so to speak.

Look forward to the next ride.

:o)

cinnamon_girl

What an action-packed day!

The miserable-itis virus has spread to the equine population, or rather their riders with their gobby tirade.

A loop of the Big Bike Bash circuit proved entertaining – one or two falls from the bike and one fall whilst pushing the bike, ahem! Duckling was almost on the menu for tonight’s dinner – can’t believe I almost rode over it.

Lots of bog crossings and poor Dez really had his work cut out with the trailer.

Saw where the Big Bike Bash action will be, most importantly the beer tent, also the chalets. Excellent choice of venue.

Good to see everyone and to meet new folk too.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride chaps. A little soggy, but all good. I’ll bring my snorkel next time – drains well my arse.

DezB
    Free Member

Soggy? You should’ve felt poor Lydon’s shoes! Can you get Sealskins for 6 year olds??

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Were there any cahs and horses, or did they stay indoors, like all sensible folk?

DezB
    Free Member

plenty of horses mate. runnin about all over the place they were.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Some of them with stroppy women on.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Did any of the stroppy women have tight jodhpurs on? Pity I weren’t there; I cooduv used me charm, and won them over….

cinnamon_girl

Oh yes Fred! But they would have rendered even you speechless! Acting like bloomin’ land owners they were.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, you underestimate me. Me, speechless? Come on…

Couple of mates and I had a bit of a tete-a-tete with some hoity-toity woman in Epping Forest, a few years back. She was claiming that we weren’t allowed to ride our bikes there (bridleway), as we might frighten her horse. One of me mates was trying to politely reason with her, but she weren’t having it. After a few minutes of this, and the argument going in circles, I got bored, and said ‘you’ve got a right nice bum, you know?’.

She snorted, and rode off. My mates were on the floor.

Uptight horsey women? RudeBoy’s yer man…

Yes; I know it’s sexist and all that, but it works!

cinnamon_girl

Love it!! But she would have produced her crop (whip to you non-horsey folk) and you may, or may not, have been happy!! She was a right sour-puss.

knottie8
    Free Member

any pics of this ride ?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

See, people like that a a right good challenge, for me. No point in trying to reason with them, as they will not be swayed from their lofty point of view. So, you need to introduce some obtuse tactics. In cases such as this one, when faced with members of the opposite sex, I find that using complimentary, even suggestive comments, suddenly, throws them completely off course. It’s very effective. I once told an irate female car-driver she had ‘sexy, passionate eyes’. Stopped her in her tracks. She was utterly disarmed, smiled, called me a ‘cheeky bastard’, and drove off. Job done.

See, trouble with youse lot, is you need my skills at diplomacy. I may run a workshop for youse, next time I’m down.

DezB
    Free Member

Trouble was, there was nothing attractive about those 2 hoity tarts.
    They had noo effect on ou ride though.
    PP took some photos so they should be around soon

Edit: photos of the ride, not the hoity tarts

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Aw, boo.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘New Forest Ride – Sunday 17th May’ is closed to new replies.