Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • new fangled clutch rear mechs……
  • lardman
    Free Member

anyone used one for long yet? I saw a new XTR one with a anti-forward motion clutch. Thought it looked like a good idea and when they trickle down to a sensible price/groupset i would want to get one.

whaddayareckon?

??

jam-bo

On SLX this year

lardman
    Free Member

which would be great. Any experience using one?

rondo101
    Free Member

Would be interested in hearing anyone’s experience of one in a 1×10 setup, specifically whether it negates the requirement for a chain device.

will1991
    Free Member

They’re fantastic. get one.

I use mine 1×10 with an MRP 1X and renthal ring on a FS. I dare say you could probably get away without the guide but for 60grams I’d rather have the security.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

3×10 setup and it works fine, not dropped a chain since installing it.

DIS

Been using the XTR one for about 5 months, defiantly notice decreased chain slap on the frame, still some when going over rocks and roots. If you only ride smooth trials you can manage with out a front chain device, however any more demanding trails then a chain device is required.

I know this from experience, at Cwmcarn the other month i had to put my chain back on about 10 times which was quite irritating, i now have front chain devise and have never lost chain since.

Overall i think it is a really good idea that makes a noticeable difference. Good to see it will be appearing on SLX and XT later this year.

ps. I use 1*10 set up

footflaps

I’ve just bought an XTR for my XC race bike, first outing will be Wiggle hour enduro in April..

Northwind

SRAM have a similiar system coming too for X0 and X9. Since neither of them will release it for 9-speed I guess it’ll be what pushes me over to 10.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘new fangled clutch rear mechs……’ is closed to new replies.