• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Bazz.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • New Darkside content….
  • charlierevell
    Free Member

Well its arrived, New Genesis Equilibrium Ti is here. Managed to get it built up and our for a spin last night and its proving rather nice! Loving the fat headtube and downtube, its super thin too.
    Rear end has almost got cervelo like stays, beautifully manipulated.

Its meant to be my winter bike, has some slightly more winter oriented wheels on the way from Strada too.
    Looks like its going to run me into the early season next year tho after I was knocked off my Orbea Orca by a Polish man in a classic Smidsy accident.
    Pulled out in front of me to make a very late right turn, left me nowhere to go and fired me nicely into his a pillar and over the bonnet at 30 odd…

Guessing the insurance will mess me around for some time yet….

Anyway here’s a few photos of the new toy and one of the smashed summer bike!
    Oh… and shes come up at 18lbs, so not all too bad!

Lifer
    Free Member

oof

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks absolutely sick. Great build. Looks a bit fancy for a winter bike. Get some mudguards on it.

stox
    Free Member

Looks the nuts…. Love it !

charlierevell
    Free Member

The wheels will come off once the new ones arrive, Mudguards are hanging on the wall in the shed waiting to go on. Didnt actually need them last year as I fitted them to the CX bike and didnt have a wet ride…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Have you ridden it yet?

I imagine the big downtube will mean it flexes a bit less than the steel one (which isnt that bad anyway)

18lbs? It looks like it should be a bit lighter than that! That must mean mine weighs 20 odd. How dissapointing, it rides so well though!

robowns
    Free Member

Much much nicer than your old one

I love Ti road bikes

stratobiker
    Free Member

The driveway, the garage door, the fake ‘garden wall’ brickwork, the line of the cranks, the valves and tyre logos. All terrible!!!

But the bike looks absolutely lovely! 🙂

SB

Kuco

Nice looking bike.

charlierevell
    Free Member

The Orbea will be replaced in time… just need to find the funds, and pay off the TT bike too!
    I thought 18lbs was pretty good, it is a 58 and only ultegra. Just looked up a 2012 Spec Venge expert and thats 17lbs 1 !!!

Tyre logos are bang on, just not aligned wheel to wheel. And as for the Fake brickwork??
    Its a 200 year old, listed stable/coach house….
    Keeping that brickwork drive clean would take over my life, so ill leave it to the neighbour who leaves it to me. Pressure washing seems to work!

geetee1972
    Free Member

That must mean mine weighs 20 odd.

My Genesis with Ultegra groupset is 20lbs dead. It does rice very nicely though. If I didn’t own one I would wonder what the point of the Ti Genesis was but since I do, it makes perfect sense.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Tyre logos are bang on, just not aligned wheel to wheel. And as for the Fake brickwork??
    Its a 200 year old, listed stable/coach house….
    Keeping that brickwork drive clean would take over my life, so ill leave it to the neighbour who leaves it to me. Pressure washing seems to work!

Just leg pulling dude! In the STW way. 🙂

You make me feel like I shouldn’t have posted!

SB

Janesy
    Free Member

It’s a bit nice for a winter bike, are you the type to have a different bike every season? I know what you mean as you’ve probably got a all singing race bike – why not call this one your everyday training bike? ‘winter bike’ sounds so… Snobby.

Anyway nice bike – the bar tape won’t hold up to the wet if it is actually being used in the winter. Ver comfortable but useles when wet. Mine expanded and soaked all the water up and unraveled. Worst bar tape I’ve ever used.

Merak

That Genesis is tre bon! Very nicely done indeed, not jealous at all!

Health to enjoy. 8)

epo-aholic
    Free Member

looks lovely, god work fella! 😀

tell me about the wheels currently gracing it, Mavic wotsits….thinking about getting a set for next season

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Oh I’d love a ti winter bike…..it’s the future

mdb
    Free Member

I am sooooo jealous.

Currently riding the steel version and love it but as soon as i saw the Ti version i had to have it. Currently doing the math on how i can get my grubby mits on a Ti frame.

Enjoy.

charlierevell
    Free Member

SB I was only playing in Jest… I’ve seen far too many grass cutting comments to take it seriously!
    Janesy – I seem to have had a new bike every season for the last couple of years, but only because I bought the wrong size CX bike last year and this is replacing it. I shall rename it my training steed tho…
    I did have a nice summer bike, full Di2 etc… but the bottom photo shows the state thats in!

Ive never really had a problem with the tape in about 4 years of using it… only had it fall off once, that was after the worst, most miserable 60 miles on the Cornwall Tor this year. I think that was only due to the gels underneath slipping.

EPO – wheels are Mavic R-Sys SLRs, absolutly fantastic, if you can warrant £1200 or so then go for it. MP3 replacement program is worth it too! Already used it on my cosmics once and will need it again now.
    The tyres are some of the best Ive used yet and they come in the package.
    Im faster uphill on strava with deep section aeros for some reason, but these are much more relaxed over longer hilly rides as you dont have the extra weight to carry!

ianpinder
    Free Member

Mine should be here in the next couple of week! Exciting! Looks really really nice!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Really lovely bike and build, so nearly bought one of these but ended up with another steel version as I knew I would feel precious about riding something that nice in the winter. Kinda hoped they would stick with the naked carbon fork too as it looked great on the proto.

charlierevell
    Free Member

I wish it had the naked carbon or even black fork… no such luck tho.
    It does make it look a little different though, most follow the black/carbon route.

Did a quick 60miles this morning, sat nicely at 18.5mph average with no great stress. Amazingly comfy having come from whats regarded as one of the stiffest Carbon frames out there.
    Flew down Blagdon Hill with no issues, very confident descender and comfortable to climb too!

Bazz

Ti mtb’s do nothing for me, however ti road bikes are lush and that one is lovely, thinking about a 40th birthday present for myself now.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘New Darkside content….’ is closed to new replies.