Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • New CRC site doesn't work in IE 7.
  • scruff
    Free Member

Damn it. No more bored at work unnecessary purchases thank to NHS keeping with 20th Centrury IT.

nixie

IE7, your lucky, I know of some large corps that still only have IE6!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

just install firefox? you can do that on most NHS (im NHS) pcs without the admin password

we also use some daft old IE version

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Should improve productivity 🙂

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I have lost all my Wish List stuff, not sure if I want to start all over again with it.

GrahamS

I have lost all my Wish List stuff, not sure if I want to start all over again with it.

Wish List and Order History are still being ported over. It will return. (According to the CRC Facebook feed)

BoardinBob

Yeah not working here. Don’t think “my computer wont work on CRC” is a good enough reason to request an upgrade from IT…

GrahamS

Have you tired a hard Refresh of the page?

Control+F5 in IE

prezet
    Free Member

It’s shocking – the design is quite nice, but the homepage alone is 5000 lines of html with a 3mb payload!

Good luck browsing that on a shit internet connection…

GrahamS

That’s not much these days to be honest. And I’m not sure folks who are still on dial-up are the target audience 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

Have you tried it in Compatibility Mode?

convert

My work is on IE9 and their new site is shocking on that too! The drop downs go behind the main scolling banner thingy in the middle and under the text at the bottom.

Not a clever move – a huge percentage of online purchases are made in work time aparently and a lot of us must be stuck with out of date browsers and no ability to update them.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Could always try this: portable firefox

prezet
    Free Member

IE9 is fine for me – IE7 has the problems @convert mentions.

I’d say it’s a good move dropping support for IE7 – the amount of problems and restrictions developers have but supporting legacy browsers is huge.

And I’m not sure folks who are still on dial-up shit browsers are the target audience 🙂

mrelectric

I’m using Chrome and have also lost order history & wish list; just when I wanted to reorder.
    Didn’t get any warning of this “upgrade”, though I expect it will all be better soon.
    Have emailed CService.

mrelectric

New online contact form was misbehaving too so had to email direct: customerservice@chainreactioncycles.com

That’s not now visible on the web site; so might want to keep that for reference… 😉

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Well it works on IE8. Even with a decent Internet connection it seems slow. I hate it.

bungle

Not impressed, slow as hell and I’m on a gigabit network with IE10

mickolas
    Free Member

Not sure how this stacks up with others’ experiences but on my smartphone, using firefox, the old site was all but unusable – 10s to respond to every click, every time – but the new site loads loads faster. in fact it’s positively zippy so thumbs up from me.

imnotverygood

Well, this seems to be a good way of saving money. It is dismal on an iPad. Won’t be browsing the site if it stays like this.

highlandman
    Free Member

IE.6 here at work and slow 1.5Mb Broadband at home, so i’m stuffed both ways. Not good and quite shortsighted really. Just cos I live in the country doesn’t mean I don’t spend on kit.

prezet
    Free Member

I’m sure it wasn’t a cheap site to build either – but the optimisation is crap, they’ve just about covered the basics. They could progressively load a huge amount of that content which would lead to a much faster feeling site. I also find the massive mega menus very frustrating to use – wondering if they did any user testing on this at all or just let the creatives go to town.

walleater

YOU COULD ALWAYS LOOK AT HOME RATHER THAN WASTING COMPANY TIME? I PAY YOUR WAGES WITH MY TAXES FFS.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

YOU COULD ALWAYS LOOK AT HOME RATHER THAN WASTING COMPANY TIME? I PAY YOUR WAGES WITH MY TAXES FFS.

3/10. Committed use of caps lock, but glaring lack of multiple punctuation marks.

northernmatt

Well that’s my £30 of vouchers the other half got me for my birthday not getting spent for a while. Takes bloody ages to find anything on there, and I can’t look at work due to IE7 same as others.

honourablegeorge

Works fine here on Chrome, and it’s a massive improvement, bar a few glitches.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Some of your employers need to be reminded that the last release of IE7 was five years ago, and the product itself is seven years old.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

ormond, we are on a 10yr old version of Windows…

just tried the new site (at home on Firefox, a 10mbps connection and Win7), good grief it is slow and clumsy, you have to name wishlists, hovering over an item no longer seems to give you info on what sizes/colours are on offer, and they cant even spell “oops”, when it hung up the message was “opps! we seem to have a problem”.

Wiggle and Merlin it is then!

GrahamS

Working okay for me on my ipad. Quite like the new layout. Seems a bit cleaner.

mickolas
    Free Member

also feel obliged to point out that I got an email inviting me to use the beta version of the new site on 19-07-13 and to feedback any comments. I thought it was okay so didn’t leave any feedback.

guess this is all my fault then. sorry.

mickolas
    Free Member

oh and walleater…i work in the public sector…. could you please work a bit harder and generate a bit more tax so I can have a pay rise? thanks.

shindiggy
    Free Member

work for a big company who employ 140,000 globally. Still on IE6

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unless there is a business need why change it? Browsing CRC is not what they built the NHS for 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Walleater, do you even pay taxes or are you still an illegal immigrant?

walleater

I’m totally legit braaaah. If it’s any consolation, I used CRC for the first time in years yesterday and it took 17 hours to order some pedals due to a combination of slow website, finding that everything that I wanted was out of stock, finally finding some suitable pedals and putting them in the basket….only to fall asleep before buying them….waking up the next morning and they’d sold out! Faaaaaack.

Living the dream.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘New CRC site doesn't work in IE 7.’ is closed to new replies.