Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • New Build – Pegoretti Responsorium
  • solarider
    Free Member

Well, after many, many months of waiting, my Pegoretti Responsorium is finally built (that’s Pegoretti’s stainless steel frame).

The Duende finally has a mate. I have built the Duende up old school with steel forks, and Ambrosio Nemesis wheels. The Responsorium is built super light.

Can’t wait for the weekend to ride it now!

I plucked up the courage to let Dario decide how to paint it and am happy with the result. Some lovely detail.

mega
    Free Member

the beading round the skirting spoils the floor. you should have taken the skirting off and run the boards under it.

solarider
    Free Member

Just finished renovating the house. It was built in 1842 and every last detail is listed. Those skirting boards weren’t budging! Worth every minute of pain in the end, but glad it is over.

Sorry if the 2 bikes were blocking your view of the joinery.

Bez

Have some of your vertebrae fused?

nonk
    Free Member

nah he should have done the bead in white.

nonk
    Free Member

oh nice bike though eh.

Bez

I dig both the paint jobs, BTW.

solarider
    Free Member

I know what you mean Bez!

But with my hands on the drops, my back is flat. I have roughly the same build (although sadly not the legs or lungs!) of Indurain. Take a look at his bikes back in the day (also built by Pegoretti). Also fairly high at the front. Never did him any harm. Seem to remember he one a race or two, and even his time trial position was fairly upright.

So many riders have their stems so low they can only ride on the hoods. The drops are there for a reason, and I can use them to get low if I want.

I have been riding this position for years, and raced this way back in the day. My racing days are over now, but it never slowed me down and I could ride for miles with no pain or strain. It has been a tried and tested position after many different bike fits over the years. Looks a bit ugly, but suits me anatomically. I am past the point of wanting my bikes to have that ‘pro’ look. Some of the saddle to bar drops on show in the TdF made my back hurt just looking at them.

Yep, fairly wild paint jobs both of them!!! Think Dario was smoking something when he did the new one!

(BTW, the bead was white, and we replaced it).

Here’s some of my other bikes with a slightly different approach to achieving the same bar to saddle position:

corroded
    Free Member

Those are some serious custom bikes. Very nice.

nonk
    Free Member

your a tall bugger aswell i take it.

corroded
    Free Member

I know what you mean about the long head tubes; I’m 6ft with a bad back and my Litespeed was short and high, which suited my posture but meant I wasn’t exactly aerodynamic in a group.

partyboy
    Free Member

Those are nice and you are obviously flush!

mega
    Free Member

love the paint jobs on them – the first especially

solarider
    Free Member

Not after renovating the house and buying these 2 partyboy!

FuzzyWuzzy

I have a feeling your bike collection is worth more than my house, nice though! Not overly convinced by the paint job on the Pegoretti although I’m guessing it looks better in the flesh, must have taken a fair bit of work to do it to.

How long did it take from order to delivery?

solarider
    Free Member

This was supposed to be ‘quick’ because I tagged it onto an order already being processed. Ordered last November, arrived mid July. Usually about 12-18 months by all accounts and about to get a lot worse as Dario Pegoretti is about to move his workshop to the countryside and close for a few months. Worth the wait though.

Lots of work in the paint jobs on both bikes. I tried to specify a few things, but Dario refused. He just paints whatever he is feeling on the day. A bit of a risk, but to me it paid off. Very (ahem) individual and certainly unique.

jonathan
    Free Member

They’re lovely.. despite the spacers 😉

It seems to me that part of the joy of ordering a Pegoretti is knowing he has free reign on the paint, and that he’s very likely to be extremely “free” with it 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Nice.
    Riding those must be like hanging the Mona Lisa with drawing pins.

Macavity
    Free Member

Cool dude

pjt201
    Free Member

what an awful interviewer though!

wwaswas

Is there half a corpse with shroud on it in one of the pictures?

MrSmith
    Free Member

lovely. (apart from the spacers)
    owning and riding a pegoretti myself i know that’s going to be a great ride.
    i met Dario when he was last in the U.K. he’s a dude.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Frame cost and weight pls tx k bai

solarider
    Free Member

Was expecting the spacers feedback. See comment above. Not the best aestheticall, but fits me well.

wwaswas – depends if you call my other half relaxing under a fleece blanket a corpse. I won’t tell her that one!

cycnic-al – and now in English?….what does ‘tx k bai’ mean? Frame cost was just over £3,500, and weight I don’t really know but am guessing around the 1,100g mark. Very light for stainless steel, but not in sub 700g plastic bike territory. The whole build is around 7kg.

wwaswas

best not mention it, it does look like a pair of legs with no body attached, though, there’s a vase of flowers where you expect a head to be.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks, OK, bye!

I feel pretty good aboiut my 1350gm £90 Felt frame off ebay now!

That is lovely though.

hora
    Free Member

Impressively gobsmacked.

solarider
    Free Member

Yes, she does have a vase of flowers where her head should be, extremely long legs and absolutely no body to speak of. Is that not an attractive look generally?

finbar
    Free Member

When i saw the first post i thought “that’s the nicest set of road bikes i’ve ever seen owned by one person – even nicer than that guy with all the Sevens”. And here you both are!

solarider
    Free Member

Honestly cynic-al, the youth of today and their txt speak! Good buy that frame.

These are all about the ride quality and not the weight. As I get older and my belly gets bigger, I have definitely got the light weight ‘thing’ out of my system. For me it’s all about the ride quality. Going back to alloy wheels after years of carbon wheels it is amazing how well they brake and how comfortable they feel.

Finbar – some people drink, some people do drugs, some people gamble, I just collect (and ride) nice bikes! Thanks for the comments all.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘New Build – Pegoretti Responsorium’ is closed to new replies.