Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Bike (pointless picture content, with mudguards, natch)
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm not sure I've ever done this before…

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2734/4504402311_ed3f69a59f.jpg[/img]

Surly Karate Monkey. A Cycle to Work scheme purchase which is genuinely being used for cycling to work on (!) as well as for knocking around on of an evening and Surrey Hills trogs in the wet.

Built by Brixton Cycles. 18" frame, Juicy 3.5 brakes, deore cranks, deore/mavic wheels. Nothing very bling. Astoundingly good fun though. I've wanted a Monkey ever since they first came out (in Camp Stove Green) and am delighted to have one after waiting so long.

Sorry about the garden, I should get the headquarters of MI6 taken away, but the Council want £35 to move it… 😉

singlespeedstu

I still miss my Monkey despite all the blingyshit in the garage. 😆

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Simple no nonsense bikes, you gotta love them 8)

BigDummy
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. 🙂

I was rather braced for denuciation of my mudguards, silver cranks and wrong-sized wheels, but it seems they're alright.

rootes1

covert picture of MI6?

they will be after you soon 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is it MI6 std issue?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

nice. you might want to move your rear light a bit higher though as it looks like the crud guard is blocking it.

I really like those, and am torn between a monkey and a cross-check. I think the cross check will win though as i have several sets of road wheels and no 29rs.

firestarter
    Free Member

i had that dilemma matthew but got a check and a monkey in the end 🙂 nice bike btw

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New Bike (pointless picture content, with mudguards, natch)’ is closed to new replies.