Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • New bike content
  • djbagines
    Free Member

Just finished my Saracen Ariel 15x, will report back after Saturday for a ride review but so far it’s teary!

[URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/djbagines/media/DSC_0617_zps0b5392f6.jpg.html][/URL]

wukfit
    Free Member

could do with some bar bungs 😀
    looks nice

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice

djbagines
    Free Member

Yes, one thing I forgot” But plugs will be on soon…

daveh
    Free Member

Looks fun.

Bregante

Butt plugs will be on soon…

😯

😆

freeman
    Free Member

Is that a Large frame? I’m after the 152 full build n just wondered how they measure up? Coming off a large Mega the Medium looks big enough for me with a 6″ dropper! V nice by the way.

rickon
    Free Member

Photos of you table’ing those speed bump table tops please.

Looks great, stealthy, and nice. Would look even more murder with diffusion black pikes 😉

rickon
    Free Member

Also, shorten that reverb hose!

matther01
    Free Member

V nice! 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like that. Looks right.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Looks like a nice bike. The reviews are pretty good so it’ll be interesting to hear how you get on with it.

djbagines
    Free Member

Definitely looks the part but annoyingly after just riding the bike up and down my road straight after building it, I seem to have developed a little bit of play from the linkage. Stupidly I didn’t bother checking all the linkage bolts were tight, as I thought that would of been checked when building the frame up in the factory… guess not. Taken it apart and built it back together nicely greased on axle with lock tight on threads and torqued up correct but still play…. Will wait to see what Madison have to say Monday.

freeman – It’s a 19″, I’m 6ft exact with a 32″ inside leg and I like the initial position. Height is good. Reach seems ever so slightly short but I am running a 50mm stem. Will report back once I have actually ridden it off road 🙁

Yes the speed bump jump test will be done very soon!

drover
    Free Member

Very nice

passtherizla
    Free Member

That’s very nice indeed

rickon
    Free Member

By play, can you feeling it knocking? Or is the back end a bit loose feeling? I’d expect there would be a decent amount of flex without a brace across the swingarm…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

UR BIK IZ SRCN! And it looks very good! They’ve come a long way, and in the right direction.

freeman
    Free Member

Let me know how you get on, both with the first ride and with Madison, really want this bike. Also is that a 125mm drop reverb?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

It’s a very good looking bike. Needs to get muddy.

Any news from Maddison yet?

djbagines
    Free Member

No definitely knocking, seems to be coming from the main linkage, next to the 15X graphic you can see in the photo. Madison have arranged a courier to collect the bike tomorrow, inspect the frame and will make a decision from there. Madison was very helpful on the phone!

Most definitely needs to get muddy! Patience is a virtue.

Yes a 125mm drop.

daver27
    Free Member

just ordered one of these frame in Large, hope mine doesn’t have any issues with the linkage!
    A friends 14x has been utterly amazing so hope this carries on the trend.
    fingers crossed and keep us updated!

matt_outandabout

Boooiiing. The only bit I don’t like is the grey.

officialtob
    Free Member

Hmm, weeds and moss in the gravel, and a few too many leaves on the grass for my liking. C- must try harder.

Rickos
    Free Member

I do like these and they seem to have all the right attributes for coping with British mud.

daver27
    Free Member

Just built mine up and I too have a smidgen of play in the linkage, please let me know what Madison say, I’ll be into them next week! Looks amazing in the flesh and rides really nice.
    Also, you haven’t fitted your rear mech properly unless you switched to the alternate mech hanger, the supplied fitted one is a direct mount hanger. Bet you are finding it tough to get the wheel in as the rear mech won’t move out the way enough?

kayak23

Liking these. Anyone ridden in anger yet?

daver27
    Free Member

yep! rode mine at the weekend, it is PROPERLY good. finally got my head past the name saracen. it looks stunning and it rides so nicely. they seem to have sorted the fit over the old ones which felt a bit short to me.
    here’s mine!

kayak23

Really nice that. Did you buy a complete?

djbagines
    Free Member

Very nice daver27!

Madison still have my frame, and I have no word from them yet, will keep you posted on what they said. Did think it was a little awkward, will ammend that once it gets back!

daver27
    Free Member

Cheers!
    I bought all the bits new and built it up, just needs a dropper now.
    It’s a really good looking bike, I admit to being a brand snob and going “Urgh, saracen” but it’s probably made in the same factories as all the Santa cruz etc. I got past that snobbery the second I pulled it out the box.
    Just need the trails to dry out now!

takisawa2

Nice looking bike.

crankrider
    Free Member

That does look rather nice, pikes would complete it but I bet it rides very well as it is.

Is that a MRP ring or one of the Works Components NW ones?

djbagines
    Free Member

Yeah, exactly my thoughts!

Cheers, it’s a works components ring.

daver27
    Free Member

Any news from Madison yet?

freeman
    Free Member

What daver27 said, im itching to press the order button!!

djbagines
    Free Member

Nothing yet, getting pretty annoyed now. Will call up tomorrow.

daver27
    Free Member

i’m going to chase up today too. I don’t think its a major issue, more of an annoyance. the main pivot is totally fine, its where the shock linkage and dog bone bit link on mine. just a couple of thou tolerance issue i recon.
    Its only going to get worse tho

daver27
    Free Member

They are aware, fraction of a mm out of tolerance and a new link is on its way in 2-3 weeks.

djbagines
    Free Member

Got the same message. But another issue I have come across, once the B2 link is removed from my rear mech, I physically can’t fit the direct mount hanger into where it should, did you have the same issue?

daver27
    Free Member

No, mine screwed straight through. I’ll get a pic tomorrow if you like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘New bike content’ is closed to new replies.