Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New ayup lights, duty and vat help please..
  • rickmeister

Just been called to say that DHL have paid duty and vat on our AyUp V8 kit, almost $600 Oz Dollars…. I thought that it would just be a pay and it would arrive thing…

How much is the duty and vat likely to be…. its getting pretty expensive….

Thanks

trout
    Free Member

Ouch
    Vat 20% + duty no idea and then the DHL handling charge if owt like parcel farce the another £11 min

paul78
    Free Member

I thought Ay Up lights had a UK distribution point ???

MrTall
    Free Member

Both my friends bought a set recently and got away with no duty but i got caught (as always) and had to pay. It was only around £27 if i recall but that was just for a single adventure set, not the full blown set you went for.

smudge
    Free Member

That bl***y handling charge!!?
    Ive paid for the delivery WHY should I also have to then pay a handling charge when its in the UK. Does my head in.

Feel like I should then invoice DHL, UPS etc an ‘accepting fee’

Some, I think its TNT will deliver the goods to your door and then invoice you through the post a few weeks later.

orangina
    Free Member

There is no more UK distributor for Ay-up, they must have stopped it for some reason (not viable I guess). Rickmeister go the V8 for the two of us, so it’s not really a case of sharing the bill either as it comes out of the same account.

rickmeister

£27 for the single set…. not looking forward to the call with DHL tomorrow…..

Murr
    Free Member

orderd a set last year for a pall got hit for £60 .

kilo

Ive paid for the delivery WHY should I also have to then pay a handling charge when its in the UK. Does my head in.

I imagine you’re paying dhl to do the cutoms cearance process, submitting a simplified cutsoms entry, and for them using their duty deferement account with HMRC to obtain release of the goods from HMRC so they can be handed over as soon as you pay dhl the duty, vat and their charge. Pretty sure Ayup small print will say their delievery charge dpoesn’t cover local taxes, import duties, etc

rickmeister

Kilo, it does say that and I read it on their site… not looking forward to what I have to pay on top though… they do say that some kits get though without extra charges.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

IIRC from a few years ago

(Price + postage ) +
    5% duty on bike parts +
    20% VAT on top of that
    + handling charge.

so for $600oz that would be $156oz + handling charge

Note, does depends what they are classified as
    duty on bike parts is approx 5%
    duty on complete bikes however is somthing like 18%
    Not sure if lights will classify as bike parts or not.

I imported a frame + parts and had the Spanish inquisition as to if it was parts or a complete bike.

gamo
    Free Member

Got a single helmet light recently and didn’t get charged at all, battery etc came in one parcel and light another.

rickmeister

Well, all done. A V8 kit, all boxed up. Vat and Duty, £16 …. very happy… Arrived upopened.. result.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New ayup lights, duty and vat help please..’ is closed to new replies.