Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Never thought it would happen to me…
  • supersaiyan
    Free Member

I’ve only gone and done it: I left my front wheel in the car park of the forest of dean/pedalaway centre. After an epic day of blue(ish) skies, off piste, trail centre and DH too.

I’m hoping a good soul may have picked it up for safe keeping or handed it in, an quick call to the bike shop turned up nothing, so an alcoholic (or similar) reward is hereby offered to reconnect me with my wheel! I can come and collect if not too far from Brizzle.

Cheers all.

zelak999
    Free Member

Bummer, feel for you man.

bones76
    Free Member

Lets hope who ever finds it is a decent person and hands it in…good luck…

supersaiyan
    Free Member

me too, cheers

supersaiyan
    Free Member

less to wash i guess 🙁

project
    Free Member

Youre lucky left a whole bike at LLangwfan forest, van reversed up to wall, pulled forward to put bike in back of van, got talking to some fellow riders,forgot to put bike in back of van and drove off, looked in rear view mirror and saw one of the lads, chasing after me down the long windy hill, him shouting something.

Stopped for a car coming the other way, and he shouted youve forgot your bike, looked and he did appear to be riding a very similar spesh to mine, same seat and bars.

Opened back of van and indeed it was mine, thanked him and gave him a lift back to top of hill.

Totally embarassed i was. , and no awkward silence from an insurance company

psling
    Free Member

Give Pedalabikeaway another ring in the morning (01594 860065), ask for Jodie or Lingy. You never know, it may have been handed in and whoever you spoke to earlier may not have been aware. Worth a try.

grim168
    Free Member

Left a lid and some shoes at Gisburn on separate occasions

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Cheers psling, I think it was Jodie i spoke to earlier just as they were closing up – he very kindly went and checked with a torch but to no avail. Will def check tomorrow – if it has turned up, it’s an excuse for another ride i guess!

Grim – i used to rip the p155 mercilessly out of a mate who left a thomson seat post and brand new saddle at Afan. karma and all that…

supersaiyan
    Free Member

last bump for the evening crowd and I’ll stop crying about my idiocy and start scanning the classifieds for a replacement.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Never thought it would happen to me…’ is closed to new replies.