Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Netbook – Windows 7 or Windows XP, which is the better choice ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I watch DVDs on mine too with no problem at all. Obviously you need the screen pretty close up, but that makes it very handy to watch in bed or on a train (copied to memory stick for that). As I dont play games, my netbook is used for everything I do – word processing, spreadsheets, music, internet, photoshopping. I have never found it slow, even though I expected it to be with odd bits of photo editing. I relise full size laptops are around, but I want good facilities in a tiny unit. I have a (now fairly old) full size laptop, but getting a netbook that can do everything the big one does is great. Hense my concerns over accidentally buying a replacement that cannot equal the facilites of the one I am replacing, IF Win 7 is significantly cut down. I dont really want to spend, then immediately have to pay for an upgrade to a better version of windows.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all the info you have put forward, its very helpful and I have learned quite a bit of use.

GrahamS

IF Win 7 is significantly cut down. I dont really want to spend, then immediately have to pay for an upgrade to a better version of windows.

Win 7 in general is a full operating system, only the "Starter Edition" is significantly cut down. Win 7 Home Premium is what you want.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Netbook – Windows 7 or Windows XP, which is the better choice ?’ is closed to new replies.