Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Need a cheap GPS watch?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member
    Flaperon

Remarkable – apart from a lack of cadence sensor and a slightly clunky appearance, this has a more extensive feature-set than the Garmin watches costing nearly four times as much.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Will be interesting to see if the software is any cop.

ross980
    Free Member

Looks pretty good value IMO. 16 hour GPS battery life according to the video (double that of my Garmin).

Flaperon

If you’re curious, the manual and software are available here. Saves a trip out to Aldi (and possibly a second to return it!).

https://www.produktservice.info/26172330/ba.html

somafunk

So did anyone else buy one of these?, I did and compared to my Bro’s recently purchased Garmin Fenix (£400 – ouch!) i think it’s a bargain at £65, tried it out late last night and it seems to do everything pretty well – heading back out now for a proper shakedown.

Only thing is i’m on a Mac and i dunno if the GPS Master software works?, it says it does in the manual but not on the GPS Master website.

dh
    Free Member

Can you set it to display OS grid refs?

somafunk

Nah, it does longitude and latitude though, you can choose between two units of display 0,00,00.0 for degrees-minutes-seconds or 0,000000 for decimal degrees.

Nothing as simple as an OS grid reference as i guess that would need the ability to store base maps.

aracer
    Free Member

Why would it? Plenty of non-mapping GPSs will give OS grid references. It’s simply a mathematical formula to translate from lat/lon to OS grid, not at all difficult.

somafunk

I stand corrected then but it doesn’t give os grid references.

votchy
    Free Member

I bought one and tried it last night, seems to be pretty good, picked up the satellites quickly and the mapping software uses google earth, exports in multiple formats and the graphs are nice and clear, seems ok so far.

winston
    Free Member

I bought one and used it for the first time today. Seems perfectly good for the money. Small, light and reasonably clear. Easy to set up and the software works. Handlebar mount is a bit shonky and doesn’t fit oversized bars very well. HRM seems to be ok

All in all very pleased to get so many features for £65 and a three year guarantee – pretty useful I reckon as I can’t see it lasting that long!

I will also be using it for sailing races and it ticks those boxes as well with countdown timer, lat/long readout, waypoints etc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Need a cheap GPS watch?’ is closed to new replies.