Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Nails on trails in mid Wales
  • tillydog
    Free Member

Near Lampeter:

BBC report

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Ouch, they look nasty!

Cheers, Steve

jekkyl

Jesus christ, that could cause fatality if landed on in the wrong place. Intention to cause grevious harm.

opusone
    Free Member

Wow. Someone’s gone to quite a bit of trouble to make and distribute those by the look of them. Premeditated intention to cause grevious harm.

Also, two excellently named people in the article – Hag Harris (that’s Councillor Hag Harris to you) and Grenville Evans.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

These death traps being laid on cycle routes where cycles are entitled to go will kill someone within the next 12 months, I reckon. 🙁

Never mind video cameras on our bikes/clothing, we need long recording cameras on the routes to catch these ******** putting these devices in place, then use the evidence to lock them behind bars for a long time after a court case!

cyclelife
    Free Member

We can’t police t***s using mobiles while driving never mind catching these t@sser$. Stake out and beat the preverbial out of them 🙂

mountainman

passed onto friends in Lampeter and was down his local runs ,last year they were up to the wire games also ,so keep AWARE LADS .

Goldigger
    Free Member

Personally if I saw someone planting these I’d nail it to there F**king feet and tell them to run along!

faustus

Bloody hell! Rode those trails for years, and you hardly ever meet anyone so put there by someone who just wants to cause harm for the sake of it.

Oopusone – Hag is a well known local figure, Councillor for many years and a decent bloke!

mrhoppy

Hag is an ace bloke, know him from back in my orienteering days. He’s the kind of councillor that people need.

kimbers

Junkyard
    Free Member

Scary stuff – what worries me most ot will most likely cause us a puncture but it will make a hell of a mess to a walker or runner

Used to be some locally to me in one area but they did eventually stop

odsbodkins
    Free Member

This has been happening again during Feb 2017 in the same woods near Lampeter Ceredigion (upper forest, lodge wood between a482 and forest road). This time piles of glass are being placed on one of the lesser known trails (I have attached a map – the red flags mark the route). I’m sure other riders know it but it seems little used. It starts at SN 5722349019 and leads to SN 5726749233. It’s a short but great bit of windy singletrack that is good both up and down. However the piles of glass are potentially lethal and i found a nail there today bashed into a root (in photograph). Someone clearly doesnt want anyone in this part of the woodland and is prepared to go to some lentgths to intimidate and endanger those using this open access woodland. The police and NRW are aware of the problems and are investigating but until the culprit is caught or gets a life be vigilant when using these woods and tell any local woodland users you know.

toofarwest

I know a few locals, I’ll give them a heads up about this.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

WTAF

Some people are just beyond my ken.

odsbodkins
    Free Member

Whoever is doing it is also trying to obscure the trail by placing branches over it particularly at the start and end. The glass has been removed twice over the last couple of weeks, the second time only yesterday. There was more there this evening. I ride or walk through here pretty much at least once daily so let’s see what the coming days bring.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Camera traps. Get the local riders to put some money together.

If it’s happening so regularly it doesnt seem like it would be hard to catch the idiot/s either.

odsbodkins
    Free Member

yes using camera traps crossed my mind, it’s likely the only way to catch them. Certainly something I would be keen on if the authorities don’t catch the culprit and it continues.

Poopscoop

How can anyone have such animosity towards others riding a track idy’s totally beyond me.

I agree about the cameras.

Motion capture wild life cameras are surprisingly cheap these days.

Would be ideal to capture who’s doing this.

The more regular the glass is applied the better. Good chance of capturing the dangerous idiot!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You could probably catch the person at dawn or dusk – the likely times they’ll be doing that kind of thing….possibly no need for camera traps.

But yeah, that terrains perfect for traps as well, they won’t be very obvious in those woords.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You could probably catch the person at dawn or dusk – the likely times they’ll be doing that kind of thing….possibly no need for camera traps.

As what is being done is with intent to cause harm then camera traps are probably the best idea simply becasue you don’t want to go off on one and thump the bloke – he presses charges and give some actual evidence to the police so they can do something proper to them.

faustus

Shame to see this happening again, such nice little trails to use. Must be an unhappy person living close by. Lucky to spot that nail before running into it too.

odsbodkins
    Free Member

Was down there at dawn this morning. All as it should be and the only hazards are the slippery roots – I can live with that. Will be back later today , the worst thing would be that this idiots behaviour put people off using the woodland.

odsbodkins
    Free Member

So I go for a few circuits late am with no problems. Head down to town for a couple of hours and come home through the woods. Trail blocked at both ends with large branches and one pile of glass midway. Makes me wonder if it’s someone hiding out in the woods or lives very close by. Weird as plenty of joggers dog walkers around near the start and end of trail so they have some front 👿
    It’s becoming a little obsessive now but this person needs catching.

theotherjonv

nails-on-trails-in-mid-wales

These kinds of scrotes totes get my goat.

odsbodkins
    Free Member

Me too. There’s a nutjob on the loose in the woods and they need catching

scuttler

Sounds like they’re there frequently enough for a stake out and brazen enough to get caught. Highly likely they live locally too.

sweepy
    Free Member

These kinds of scrotes totes get my goat.

Yes- next they’ll be putting tacks on tracks near Halifax.

odsbodkins
    Free Member

While I’m happy to ride round the woods repeatedly and even hang around a while i have reported it to the authorities (NRW and police). They should be doing something to catch this person (I’m not holding my breath though) so if any other local riders ( I tend to ride alone) fancy a stake out to catch this toe rag please message me. Safety in numbers and all that.

odsbodkins
    Free Member

Instead it’s nails on trails in Wales 🙁

faustus

odsbodkins – i’d be happy to help if I was up visiting (we know each other btw 🙂 ). My money is on someone living really close to the forest…they’re being worryingly obsessive about it too. With the regularity they are doing it, a stake out probably wouldn’t take too long!

odsbodkins
    Free Member

More problems this morning on trail in woods near Lampeter. 1 deadly looking nail embedded in a root and they have now started digging holes along the trail (6 were dug at intervals along it). Excuse the rather poor pics from helmet cam.I am hassling NRW to do something regarding investigating these problems…..
    [img]https://i.imgsafe.org/6ee121d5d4.jpg[/img]

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Nails on trails in mid Wales’ is closed to new replies.