Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • My Singular Swift needs new forks. I need advice!
  • WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Unaccustomed as I am to riding my bike properly, I have bent the original forks on my Swift. 🙄

Now, do I replace the original forks or do I go for the On-One 29er carbon forks?

I need help with some geometry issues. The original Swift fork has a 485mm axle to crown length, whilst the On-One fork is 470mm A to C. Has anybody tried shorter forks on a Swift? Is 15mm enough to upset the handling? What about the differing rake and offset of each fork?

Help!

thekingofsweden

Drop Sam a line get the correct info

mboy
    Free Member

Worth ringing Singular to ask about a warranty replacement perhaps? And if it doesn't qualify for a warranty, then a cost price crash replacement? Worth an ask anyway…

Not ridden one myself, but I understand the Swift is reasonably sharp steering wise, so to fit a fork with a 15mm shorter a/c height might make it quite twitchy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I've been honest with Sam, it's no warranty replacement!

Was going to buy a new set of forks from Singular via bank transfer, until Lloyds TSB sent the money God knows where.

Christ on a pogo stick, they even informed me that I had sent the money to "single circle". Mongs. 🙄

Whilst I'm waiting for these idiots to get their act together and refund me, I'm having second thoughts about my Swift's forkage…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'd put a Reba on there.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

I'm going to avoid bouncy forks, the Swift has been perfectly fine without them.

jfeb
    Free Member

Sam had some Pace carbon forks on one of his Swifts when I went for a test ride with him. Not sure what length a-c they are but they seemed fine.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Ah bent forks! 😆

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Are there not lots of second hand singular forks lying around in people's "spares" boxes due to all the people who've fitted suspension forks on their swift?

epicyclo

ctznsmith – Member
    Are there not lots of second hand singular forks lying around in people's "spares" boxes due to all the people who've fitted suspension forks on their swift?

I suspect it's more that there's lots of suspension forks lying around people's "spares" boxes due to all the people who've fitted suspension forks on their swift and discovered that suspension does not offer enough advantage on the Swift to make up for the extra weight 🙂

It's one of the nice things about the Singular – you don't need to spend a heap of money on a fancy suspension fork, so you have more for other important stuff like bling hubs etc.

That was my case, anyway.

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice, guys.

Been thinking about the pros and cons of this.

As well as the steepened head angle and the increased possibility of pedal strikes, the crown of the On-One fork looks as if it would come very close to fouling the down tube.

It's also twice the money of the Swift fork. Which is what I'll get.

Thanks again. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My Singular Swift needs new forks. I need advice!’ is closed to new replies.