Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • My new everything bike (soda content)
  • bol

After being a bit of a tart for the last year or so and trying lots of different bikes, I think this might be the answer to my "one mountain bke for everything" objective. On the way here I've had a couple of nice full sussers, a custom ti race bike and a nu skool hardcore hardtail. Allowing for a bit of "it's new, so I love it", I'm pretty sure it's the most fun chuckable, playful bike I've ridden. What's more, it fits me and doesn't look like a gate!

CHB

very very nice

tails
    Free Member

looks fast, nice colour scheme

RealMan
    Free Member

Love it all but the chainstay protector.

finners

nice. very nice. i like the clean, tidy lines.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks really nice, as others have said great colours and overall clean/tidy look. All the recent Cotic buying on here has made me consider getting one to replace my trusty DMR Trailstar 0_0

bobalong
    Free Member

Very nice bike! Any more pics?

bol

I thought you'd like it bonalong. I can send you some more pics if you like? Are you going to show the world your hummer (so to speak)?

bobalong
    Free Member

I can build beautiful bikes, but not upload photos.

Northwind

I hate that. Because it's my Soul only better 👿

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

clean lines. very clean lines.

ChrisL

Shiny.

MtbCol
    Free Member

Garden needs a tidy up.

Nice looking bike though!

bigsi
    Free Member

What's more, it fits me and doesn't look like a gate!

But you really should have a red flashing light on the saddle to warn low flying aircraft 😉

I do like it but would just question the choice of frame size if i had to run with that much post showing out of the frame. 😕

Each to their own though, enjoy 😀

bol

I do sometimes wear a red flashing light on my head.

I know the post looks a bit long, but the top tube is longer than a lot of 20ins bikes I've ridden. There's masses of standover and thomson posts tend to be pretty strong.

Thanks a lot for the kind words people. The colourscheme was purely a result of nicking the most suitable bits off the two bikes that made way for it. The only new bits are the seatpost and the (second hand) headset. Not much intensional colour matching.

kelvin

Love it all but the chainstay protector.

I agree.

Aus
    Free Member

very smooth looking. Out of interest, how do you find the Nobby nics? I've got a not dissimilar setup and considering the NN's (running tubeless) for this summer

bol

Aus, I've got 2.25s on at the moment and find them a fair bit draggier than the 2.1s. I really rate them for the sort of trails I usually ride. Light, quick and grippy. I've heard stories about them not lasting long on rocky trails though.

JamesD
    Free Member

Looks great Oli, glad you like it already.

Will be very sad to sell mine – almost new large Soda frame coming up for sale this week if anyone's interested 😉

chappers
    Free Member

Love it all…including the chainstay protector!

Just switched to 2.25 Nobby Nicks on my soul from 1.8 panaracer fire XCpro. Haven't found then slower, even on the road, and they are much better on the roots/rocks but a lot of that is probably due to the size increase and the extra suspension from the tyres. I'd definitely by NNs again, if I can afford them!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘My new everything bike (soda content)’ is closed to new replies.