• This topic has 40 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Mof.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • My New Bike – gratuitous carbon content
  • Wookster

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Oh yes. Heavy?

oxnop
    Free Member

Very nice

rs
    Free Member

haha, check the helmet photos 😀

tails
    Free Member

haha, check the helmet photos

cheesy haha! ace bike mate, nice spec

Sweet bike, gopping colour

Wookster

26 lbs according to the lbs scale colour is nice in the flesh actuall pic doesnt look right!!

brakes
    Free Member

that sure is purty

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Love the colour.

avdave2

And if were to believe some of the recent posts re carbon it really could cost you an arm and a leg!

kiwijohn

I like it.

grumm
    Free Member

Looks cool, though why you would want an all-mountain bike made of plastic I don't know. 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

gopping for moi.

james
    Free Member

If you swapped those for basic M520s and swapped the tyres for something a little lighter you could get it down to about 25lbs

Looks very nice though

ton

fapp fapp fapp 8)

aracer
    Free Member

I preferred the white one which was on recently – sorry!

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Chainstay protector before it's too late!
    Ps. Nice! One of the fastest bikes i've ever ridden…I'm waiting for a full carbon yeti 575 though… It may happen.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Oh yeah, i almost forgot. Get some proper tyres to do it justice! Panaracer were ok in about 2001, but things have moved on somewhat since… Maxxis all the way i'd say!

moff

Hmm, looks nice did you pick it up from Rock and Road today?
    Surely you can do better than FireXC's? It's asking for something with a bit more volume!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooooh, you could lose yourself in that blue 😛

TimothyD
    Free Member

I like the pictures of the wedding and the baby in the background.

The bike is nice as well, but not as cute as the picture of the baby.

I've just become an uncle, i'm a fan of babies at the mo.

bukkakehairdo
    Free Member

No way on earth that bike is 25lbs thou, your scales are wrong. I'm guessing 26.5 at the very very lightest.

flange
    Free Member

Are you seriously questioning a bloke (wrongly) over 1lb in weight even though he's weighed it and you're looking at a picture? Unless there's some irony I've missed you sir are a knobber

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bukkakehairdo – Member

No way on earth that bike is 25lbs thou, your scales are wrong. I'm guessing 26.5 at the very very lightest.

Wookster – Member

26 lbs according to the lbs scale colour is nice in the flesh actuall pic doesnt look right!!

PWNED

Wookster

Wookster

Wookster

Wookster

Wookster

Wookster

Wookster

I'll take the fire xc'c on the chin but I really like them like the grip and roll well enough for me…as its my face that hits the dirt when the high rollers wash out 🙄 I'll stick with what I know and love!!!!!!! 😀 Yes mate picked it up from rock and road yesterday, Andy is a legend!!!

Eh sorry about the posts dont have a clue what just happened 😳 as for 26lbs that what the sclaes said at the LBS so I'm happy!! I did ruin it by putting huge pedals on it though

bukkakehairdo
    Free Member

Are you seriously questioning a bloke (wrongly) over 1lb in weight even though he's weighed it and you're looking at a picture? Unless there's some irony I've missed you sir are a knobber

Bit ambiguous reply from me, sorry, i was going by the supposed built up weight specked on the IBIS website. I've got the same bike too, in a medium, and mine doesn't get close to their '25lbs' built up weight either, mines 26.8 and i have lighter tyres, xtr pedals and light weight inner tubes anything and everything, as i'm abit of a weight weenie, other than that the above is a very similar build – so there you go knobber. 😆 I don't know what they spec theirs with i'll have to have a ganders.

neil853
    Free Member

very very nice. how much travel does it have? 140mm? did i see somewhere that 2010 ones have 150mm? i'm looking at replacing my carbon ransom in the new year, not sure about dropping to 140mm from 165mm 😉

Wookster

Yes mate 140mm not sure about the 2010 ones? Its my long distance bike meridas trans wales etc with additional skill compensation!!! 😳

neil853
    Free Member

i think they're one of if not the best looking bike out there, its in my short list of three 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

That's a really really nice bike and the colour is ace 😀 Bet your one very happy man.

Wookster

Am like a dog with two……well you get my point!!!! Thanks for the comments all!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No one spotted the valve/logo disaster?

benjag
    Free Member

keep your eye on the bearings in the lopes link, 3 of the 4 in mine came loose! wicked bike though, loved mine in the alps this year, 160 forks for next year though!

seanoc
    Free Member

Lovely bike; I imagine you could lighten it up a bit. As it is it's less than a pound lighter than my Prophet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘My New Bike – gratuitous carbon content’ is closed to new replies.