• This topic has 43 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • My new bike – Genesis Latitude
  • LapSteel
    Free Member

Aaaarghh another nice 853 frame for me to save up for……might have to change from Soul lust to Latitude lust! 😀

mboy
    Free Member

might have to change from Soul lust to Latitude lust!

To be honest, they ride quite similarly.

Soul is a teeny bit lighter, has more mud clearance, but is more expensive. Genesis now has the 44mm head tube, comes in (IMO) a nicer colour, and errr…

Buy either, you’ll have a very nice bike!

headpotdog
    Free Member

Love those Alpitudes!! 🙂 Adds a good dose of gnarr to the Genesis recipe. Bet it’ll be a right laugh with 150mm up front though.

mboy
    Free Member

As promised, here’s a photo or two from me of mine…

As it started out…

Saddle was a touch high, hadn’t set it right iirc

after new forks, wheels, bar, stem and a tyre change

Frame swap (853 steel to Ti), loss of 18 gears, borrowed saddle, tyre change and some 31.8 bars and stem later…

Few days after Mayhem last year (explaining the inner tube strapped to it), new wheels and a tyre change again, new 120mm bolt thru Reba’s and 1×10 XT fitted, and a brake change.

As it is now, tyre change again, full MRP chain device, flat pedals and low seat height as my mates GF wanted a go on it, Sunline bars, saddle change.

As you can see, my “Altitude” has evolved somewhat… Definitely a triggers broom bike. But I love it! Rides well in any configuration, but I think it definitely handles best with the 120mm Reba’s as opposed to anything longer (or for that matter shorter), and with wider bars and quick tyres.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘My new bike – Genesis Latitude’ is closed to new replies.