Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)
  • My life = Hollyoaks Ep
  • emsz
    Free Member

Friday night out with some mates, get introduced to a girl, she’s nice, funny normal ( not mother obsessed harpy: rare) is a dental nurse, all cool, we’re texting it’s “nice”.

Fast forward to Sat, in costa drinking out of silly small cup trying to be sophisticated, couple of texts back and forth to the nurse all looking good, in walks Ex looking super hot, we talk, it’s ok, she’s a bit flirty, she’s going to party, some mutal friends why don’t I come along… Like a tit I say “oh, ok then”

Wake up Sunday…( you can guess where) phone going with texts…

Why does this shit happen to me? I need a holiday

binners

aleigh
    Free Member

Holiday is good! How have you left things with the nurse?

hels
    Free Member

You are young, and allowed to behave like this. This is not a problem, it’s life. Write if off to youthful indiscretion, it’s not like you had asked the nurse to marry you or anything. Or you woke up in jail. Or borrowed £20k off her.

If you are still behaving this way at 45 then you might get a telling off from me.

P.S and get it while you can.

clubber
    Free Member

Pictures or it didn’t happen (c’mon, this is stw, someone had to say it 🙂 )

It’s happened a million times before, it’ll happen millions of times again. No harm done as such – from what you say, you’ve not even gone out with ‘nurse’ yet, have you?

emsz
    Free Member

Thanks binners 😆

Aleigh, I was supposed to see her yesterday, cried off in the end. Guilty conscious. She’s texted me this morning asking if I’m ok;( told her I was poorly)

Fml

molgrips
    Free Member

Why does this shit happen to me?

Same reason it happens to everyone else!

Hook up with the new girl, it’ll give you a reason not to sleep with the X.. If you want one that is.

aleigh
    Free Member

But if it’s early days still you shouldn’t feel guilty 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

I just hear the conversation in my head

Her: what did you get up to sat night
    Me: oh nothing much ( whille I turn a nice shade of red) and start of a possible nice new thing/ friend with a bunch of fibs i need help.

yunki
    Free Member

just fess up and cringe a bit..

there’s no point going into something painting an inaccurate picture..

molgrips
    Free Member

Sometimes fibs are needed.. As long as you don’t do it again you’re clear.

yunki
    Free Member

molgrips, I’m disappointed in you

that’s not very wholesome

aleigh
    Free Member

Good point. In that case just be open and honest with her, if it’s meant to be it’s meant to be.

IHN

Why does this shit happen to me?

Well, strictly speaking, it doesn’t happen ‘to you’, you do it; no-one made you play nurses and nurses with your ex on Saturday night, you chose to.

But yeah, you’re young, you’re single, it doesn’t really matter.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I wish my life was like a Hollyoaks episode

At best it’s like a dull episode of bargain hunt

zippykona

Theres no reason all 3 of you couldn’t be good friends.
    Hell,you could all take a bath together and soap each others backs and it wouldn’t mean a thing cos you’re just friends.
    Any other listeners got any ideas that 3 friends could get up to together?
    Obviously there’s a sleep over……..

Junkyard
    Free Member

just fess up and cringe a bit..

there’s no point going into something painting an inaccurate picture..

I am all for truth and honesty in a relationship [ you dont have one yet] but serioulsy WTF are you thinking of giving advice like that out…you should join her on the naughty step.

Learn from it or carry on doing this for a few years, your choice

Dont tell the nurse you were busy with your ex and pretended to be ill- FFS we all know what she will do and she does not need to be hurt in the process IMHO. Different rules if you were actually dating

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’m failing to see why it’s shit?

You don’t need a holiday , . . you need catch up/play again

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

……a bunch of fibs i need help.

You could try telling her the truth – she might appreciate your honesty, and after all you haven’t yet progressed beyond ‘nice chats’. Of course you need to emphasize saturday night convinced you that you no longer want to be involved with ex, and for that reason it was a worthwhile experience.

Honesty is the best policy and relationships based on lies does not lead to happiness, and since there was no commitment at this stage she should not have a serious problem with what happened on saturday. If she has, now is probably a good time to move on – over-possessiveness and jealously are not good traits.

IMHO

hels
    Free Member

That sounds like some kind of grim job interview question doesn’t it. “If you were a TV show, what TV show would you be ?”. Mind you it beats the Biscuit one. Was at a training course last week and this was offered as a possible question for which we should prepare. I smirked and said “an expensive one”. Teenager next to me smirked even more and said “soggy”. Neither of which were acceptable answers, so we failed the Personality Test. But ask a stupid question.

Sorry, anyway, back to Emz..

molgrips
    Free Member

molgrips, I’m disappointed in you

that’s not very wholesome

I too am all for honesty and openness, anything else is just a disaster that’s already happened imo. But in this case, the fact that emsz slept with her ex has no bearing on the nurse so there’s no benefit in telling her – that is IF it’s a one off mistake that’s going to be written off.

If on the other hand she wants to keep both on the go at once or finds herself unable to resist the ex, then it’s time to be honest since those things will have a big impact on those involved.

relationships based on lies does not lead to happiness

Yes, but this is hardly basing a relationship on lies, is it?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

play nurses and nurses

nice one

binners

The main problem seems to be that you were in costa drinking out of silly small cup trying to be sophisticated. It never ends well, that. If you’d just gone to the pub for a few pints, this whole thing could have been avoided. Let that be a lesson to you 😀

relationships based on lies does not lead to happiness

Just an ever-so-slightly over the top description of what Emsz has actually done there methinks

meehaja
    Free Member

Easy…

“what did you get up to saturday night”
    “I bumped into my Ex and it kind of messed with my head a little, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you at the time but I needed some time to sort out some old feelings. You seem like a really nice person and I think its time I moved on…”

molgrips
    Free Member

It could work meehaja, but it’s a bit of a gamble I’d say.. She might be opened up by the trust, or she might think ‘uh oh, stay away’.

Maybe visit http://www.dentalnursetrackworld.com for a spot of lurking, see what you can sniff out 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just an ever-so-slightly over the top description of what Emsz has actually done there methinks

It wasn’t a description of what Emsz has done – she is clearly not even involved in a relationship with the nurse at this stage.

It was a statement of fact, although based on my opinion.

philconsequence
    Free Member

emsz…. i’m still waiting on your to confirm if you’re going to be yeti’s +1 at my weddingything saturday. dont let me down know! 8)

emsz
    Free Member

Pictures or it didn’t happen

It really was a teeny tiny cup, there’s hardly anything in them…

Honesty… Hmmmmm, right.

Her: what did you do sat night?
    Me: shagged my ex for old times sake
    Her: this is the same ex you dumped because she couldn’t decide what she wanted and was sort of using sex as a bit of a control
    Me: er…

Why don’t I have any willpower?

Is there a drug I can take to make me resistant to Ex’s??

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes it’s called dental nurse

binners

To be fair ernie, saying relationships based on lies does not lead to happiness, is like saying structural engineering based on blamanche might possibly be a tad unsound 😉

Not really relevant here though is it. The fact that she’s feeling so guilty suggests that Emsz may have figured this out already

Chalk it down to experience Emsz, and ….

DON’T DO IT AGAIN!!!! 😀

Just remember that they tend to be ex’s for a good reason. The new one sounds promising. Don’t let this ruin it eh?

IHN

Why don’t I have any willpower?

You do, you choose not to use it

Is there a drug I can take to make me resistant to Ex’s??

See above.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought emsz was going to be recommending a new EP by a band called My Life.

I’m so out of touch.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Her: this is the same ex you dumped because she couldn’t decide what she wanted and was sort of using sex as a bit of a control

Have you been unloading all your problems concerning your ex and sex with her onto this dental nurse ? How boring. Try to find something else to talk about 💡

binners

like bikes?

theotherjonv

Does this stuff really happen on Hollyoaks?

<makes mental note to put Hollyoaks on series record>

My 2p. Come clean without getting too gory about it. ‘Went to a party, had too much to drink, my ex was there and got a bit carried away…. now really annoyed with myself because I don’t do that sort of thing’

If D-N can’t handle the fact that single youngsters occasionally do stuff they probably shouldn’t, she might not be a great choice in future either. FFS she’s a nurse, I should think her bedpost looks like a Guiro, the number of notches on it. She’ll laugh, you’ll blush, the credits will roll and that’ll be it.

project
    Free Member

Your ex is an ex, so just be freinds and stick with the dental nurse, youll get discount when you need releif for toothache. 😯

Things happen in relationships, and so nice to see lady on lady reltionships being talked about so openly, oh how the world has come on in the last 10 years.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I just hear the conversation in my head

Her: what did you get up to sat night
    Me: oh nothing much ( whille I turn a nice shade of red) and start of a possible nice new thing/ friend with a bunch of fibs i need help.

Welcome to being a man. Lie, lie and lie some more as you are not exclusive yet? Why feel bad, for all you know she might have been being naughty with someone else.

Honesty is the best policy and relationships based on lies does not lead to happiness, and since there was no commitment at this stage she should not have a serious problem with what happened on saturday. If she has, now is probably a good time to move on – over-possessiveness and jealously are not good traits.

johnners
    Free Member

o-one made you play nurses and nurses with your ex

Tsk. Why not “doctors and doctors”?

Junkyard
    Free Member

She might be opened up by the trust

Of course who , on embarking on a relationship with someone, would not warm to them telling them they lied about saturday night in order to sleep with an ex..its the only way trust can start

That is beyond fairly tale stuff please dont do that

meehaja gives the best advice IMHO

Willpower involves training like anything – resist and build up your strength

RustySpanner

I really miss being young sometimes.
    Probably best to confess if she asks, but if she doesn’t ask I wouldn’t drop myself in it.
    Everyone’s a winner, eh?

Life like an episode of ‘Last of the Summer Wine’, btw.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘My life = Hollyoaks Ep’ is closed to new replies.