Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • My lads project finished(pump track pics).
  • knottie8
    Free Member

well the offical opening party is on Monday so not quite finished I guess. Funded by local council grants too . Anyway Mike designed, advised, supervised the build and got paid for it ! We test rode it today and it works fine. Roll on Monday.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Open to joe public or private?

knottie8
    Free Member

open to all

igm

Where then? Don't just tease us.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Looks fun 😀

langy
    Free Member

good job! take it he downloaded pumptrack nation and picked all the stones out of the trail…

jam-bo

Norton fitzwarren I'm guessing. Looks nice.

One is being built in Tavistock at the moment by the council.

knottie8
    Free Member

BIshops Lydeard nr Taunton , from Taunton off the Bishops lydeard bypass and take the first right . the entrance is 30 metres on the right(a bike friendly style). There is a bigger version at Norton !

bassspine
    Free Member

Very impressed. Good work knottie jr.

Ewan
    Free Member

That is an enormous track – can you ride that with
    out peddling?!

EDIT: Forgot to say well done! Good job!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

knottie8, any chance you could email me (in prof) as i have a couple of quick questions? thanks

will
    Free Member

That is seriously cool! Good work.

I love pump tracks 😀

knottie8
    Free Member

Gav Ive emailed you.

edit
    http://mike-knott.fotopic.net/c1514862.html he likes diggers .

thepodge
    Free Member

pump track or jump track? its WAY too big to be a pump track

toys19
    Free Member

Wheres the norton fitzwaren track then?

jam-bo

Norton fitzwarren.

toys19
    Free Member

dohhhhh thanks. I just had no idea where to look.

juan
    Free Member

WTF is a pump track

jam-bo

It's at the edge of the playing field in norton, hard to explain where but easy enough to find. Norton ain't very big!!!!

Pook

Looks great that does (but even popeye would struggle to pump it!)

Pook

WTF is a pump track

a loop of small jumps/berms and humps that you can get going at speed around just with momentum and shifting of weight on the bike ie: pumping your forearms up and down the hills to push the bike forward/lift the front end over the hills.

like this

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A BMX track with no start ramp/finish gate, usualy significantly smaller features than a propper track and intended to only be ridden 1 person at a time.

toys19
    Free Member

Jambo cheers- is the norton one a pump track too or has it grown to be massive jumps…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can a pump track be too big?

I mean you can pump round a BMX track in most cases, although its knackering.

toys19
    Free Member

well only that some local tracks near me have been dug to the point where stuff you could previously roll over has now become near vertical take off and landing transitions – like "trails" rather than a pump track, so it makes it less fun to ride unless youa re of the seriously airborne persuasion…

knottie8
    Free Member

Nortons a bit over grown at the moment but feel free to trim the weeds back , Its a cicular track with no jumps . Its not far from Bishops lydeard . Pump tracks seem popular because you can fit one almost in your average sized garden ! Most of all its somewhere kids can ride bikes instead of being naughty. I proud of my son for the effort he puts in with these projects.
    I dont thnk i have any pics from Nortons track but I'll troll though a few folders and see

highclimber
    Free Member

I didn't like pump tracks until I learned how to 'pump'! that looks fun, tiring but fun!

billybob
    Free Member

ooh that looks like it could be on the way to Exmoor Explorer – might have to leave abit early to detour there next Saturday…

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Good on him for doing something.

Impossible to comment on it with out riding it and you're a bit out of my neck of the woods. However, in the pic above, the berm on the RHS (big one) doesn't *seem* to have a roller in or out of it?

From the pic it *looks* big, pedally and jumpy. That's not my idea of a PT, more a BMX track / jump loop. Not that it doesn't look fun 😎 PT's to me are tracks where you only need to put a few crank turns in then it's possible to ride round and round using only pump (effectively chainless). A good, fast track might involve some jumping (see McCormacks Bible and the progression of techniques to develop mega-speed).

Whatever though, anything someone's got off their ass and done themselves is good in my book 😎

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks good. May visit and try out pumping business.

Bishops Lydeard nr Taunton , from Taunton off the Bishops lydeard bypass and take the first right . the entrance is 30 metres on the right(a bike friendly style).

Not clear what you mean from Google maps tho. Do you mean "From the direction of Taunton follow the A358. Take the first turn-off signed for Bishop Lydeard from the A358 (roundabout?), then take the next right (Hither Mead lane), and then it's 30m on the right (looks like a big field to me)?

rOcKeTdOg

nice one knottie JNR, i had a look at the pump track behind torico cycle in S'minster newton, looked like a good laff, but maybe not on my 29er!

knottie8
    Free Member

Buzz the turning is after the round about but your in the right place . In the near corner of the field is some kind of brick built shed for electric(?) the google maps is prior to the track being built. The pano pic is three pics stitched so will make it look longer than it is . MIke can "pump" around just . I reckon when my jumping type bike is built back up I can get around with arm power alone. I also reckon a bmx would be quicker.

knottie8
    Free Member

ratboy158
    Free Member

Stumbled across this the other day & rode it last night (live 5 mins away) & it works well. Needs a bit of finishing to make it super smooth, but that's pretty hard at the moment considering the earth is baked solid! Couldn't quite get enough speed out of the long berm to not have to pedal into the next section, but that could well be my technique!
    A cracking little track though, that will only get better with time, as long as it is used & maintained. Well done! 😀

Also checked out Norton which was a slightly depressing sight, as it obviously isn't being used & is pretty overgrown. 😥 It doesn't help that there's a pile of earth in the middle of the back straight…good building material though, I suppose. Definitely in need of some TLC…& a petrol strimmer!!

Very cool to have discovered two pump tracks on my doorstep though! 😀

ratboy158
    Free Member
    knottie8
    Free Member

strimming is being done when my nephew gets his arse down there ! lol

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘My lads project finished(pump track pics).’ is closed to new replies.