Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • My first CX Bike on Cycle To Work
  • Basil

Not had one before. Is this a good spec versus cost.Yes my employer has tied us to Halfords!!!!!Good?Bad?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Probably good value.

But you can use your halfords voucher at loads of places. There is a list somewhere.

Basil

Where this list? How ?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Saw a huge long list on here. Maybe use the search function.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, it’s a good spec n that but I’d be concerned about disc brakes and panniers (if you get into touring or sommat) could be a bit annoying. Looked into loads of CXers when I thought I had my bike pinched. I’d go for a Cannondale CaadX or Genesis Croix de Fer. There’s loads of threads on here. do a search.. Like chunky said, loads of places take the vouchers.

bish

Leisure lakes take halfords vouchers if thats any help.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Good 😀 I’ll be getting my Boardman Team CX in January on C2W.

A number of other (disc-ed up cx) options if you’re not tied to Halfrauds, but I reckon it’s a good buy with the scheme discount, plus it’s got rave reviews.

johnny63

Are you going to use it for ‘cross racing?

If so, just be aware that the sloping TT makes it a bit awkward / tight for the portage sections

Apart from that, its not bad value for the money

Other option around that price would be the Ridley Crossbow

bedraggled
    Free Member

They put the price up a week or so ago, presumably for Christmas. I assume it will go back to the rrp of 899.99 when the sales are on.

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/boardman/cx-team-2011/specs

Basil

What I want to do is strip it, build up a Gryphon, sell the frame and remains and use it as my touring bike.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Long trip to work then aye?!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘My first CX Bike on Cycle To Work’ is closed to new replies.