Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • My email is sending SPAM
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

1st batch went out during the Christmas break, I immeadiately changed the password, 2nd lot went about a week later and then the last lot went out today.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Why does it not show up in my sent account, is it a copy address or something?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

If they are just spoofing your address there is not much you can do about it really.

wwaswas

they’re probably just using your account as a relay if it is you sending them.

Is it a hotmail type one or one hosted elsewhere?

Drac

I had similar with a couple off accounts that kept doing that so I changed the password to something ridiculously complicated and it stopped overnight.

z1ppy

g/f’s did again today, fricken annoying & regular as clockwork, I set a huge long complicated password & she doesn’t sign on elsewhere as it’s on her phone & we run regular AV/Spyware scan on her home computer.
    So annoyed now I will be closing her yahoo account that this constantly happens to, and opening an gmail one…

MoreCashThanDash

Are you the African money launderer, the lonely Ruzsian beauty queen or the one MrsMC must have told about my “ahem” occassional problem in the bedroom department?

Cougar

Assuming you’ve not got an infection, it’s probably spoofed. As such, the problem will probably go away soon enough.

If you have got an infection, it could be something on your machine sending them, it could be something keylogging your password changes.

we run regular AV/Spyware scan on her home computer.

What with?

Does she check her mail anywhere else? At work?

EDIT, sorry, I thought that post was from the OP. In that case, http://www.malwarebytes.org should be your first port of call.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

😉 MCTD – no I sent you that from the clinc’s address, check your account.

It is a BT internet/ Yahooo address.

franksinatra

Are you the African money launderer, the lonely Ruzsian beauty queen or the one MrsMC must have told about my “ahem” occassional problem in the bedroom department?

or are you perhaps abroad and have lost your wallet, passport and all documents and, as a result, need some money.

z1ppy

What with?

Does she check her mail anywhere else? At work?

MS Security essentials, Malwarebytes and in desperation after the last Superantispyware. Her work is VPN via her home/work computer. She install nothing, I do it all for her & is she is super suspiscious after allowing spyware on previously (couple of years back) and ask me about every prompt that appears.
    I can’t tell if it’s been spoofed or been sent from her account this time, as I didn’t get the spam (Usually I’m included) though it’s going to ppl on her yahoo contacts list, but its regular and annoying with her yahoo account.

tn25
    Free Member

I’d guess that if your email account is actually sending out the emails it is either from your PC, in which case it has a virus; someone has guessed your password and they are connecting separately to your providers server; or the provider’s server has been hacked. If you’re only getting mail delivery failures back in on the server and no emails out it’s likely someone is just spoofing your email address in the “from” field and there’s not a lot you can do about it.

tn25
    Free Member

Can you log directly onto the provider’s server and see what is happening or ask them what’s going on? Getting spoofed is a lot less serious than getting your passwords pinched.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My email is sending SPAM’ is closed to new replies.