Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • mudguards and on one carbon forks
  • porter_jamie

Is there a way to fit a mudguard to an on one carbon fork? I have one in my genesis io ride to work bike. I was going to bodge an sks on with a load of cable ties. Anyone got a more elegant solution?

cynic-al
    Free Member

p-clips at the bottom (or cateye lamp seatpost clamps)

bung under the crown at the top?

wwaswas

I used big stainless steel p-clips with rubber coating (they sell them for clamping hoses on aquariams) and used a Gusset Uni-Lock at the top to give me something to clamp a bracket for the guard mount to.

Macgyver

not a mud guard as such, not on an On One fork but…….

I have a pair of Exotic carbons and as they are suspension corrected length there is a big gap between the tyre and the crown. I used some inner tube (cut to length and split so only a single thickness of tube was used) carefully wrapped around the fork legs to act a bit like the neoprene suspension fork guards. No zip ties, clamps, nada and it hasn’t budged since i put it on last year.

It’s cheap, It’s light, it works! At a crud catcher on the down tube and it’s a pretty good combo.

andyl
    Free Member

might be too small for what you want but a mucky nutz fender bender should go on okay.

porter_jamie

some great ideas above. so i found my old sks mudguards and fitted them yesterday. using a large amount of cable ties i managed to fit both front and rear, and they are quite stable. i think i might try something a bit more permanent using something like the gusset uni-lock thing, and some p clips later.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

not a mud guard as such, not on an On One fork but…….

I have a pair of Exotic carbons and as they are suspension corrected length there is a big gap between the tyre and the crown. I used some inner tube (cut to length and split so only a single thickness of tube was used) carefully wrapped around the fork legs to act a bit like the neoprene suspension fork guards. No zip ties, clamps, nada and it hasn’t budged since i put it on last year.

It’s cheap, It’s light, it works! At a crud catcher on the down tube and it’s a pretty good combo.

Have you got a pic – I can’t quite visualise this

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘mudguards and on one carbon forks’ is closed to new replies.