Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MTL Challenge today – anybody else do it?
  • dawson

I did the Mary Towneley Loop Challenge today – 7hrs 47mins in the end – would have been 20mins faster, but too a wrong turn near the end – credit to the fast guys – weather was fking grim for the last 2.5 hours

deets

5th year for me, and finally managed to break the 5.5 hour barrier (if only by a few minutes)

The weather wasn’t as bad as I expected, though it was good motivation to get round quickly!

lord
    Free Member

did it years ago nearly killed me off well done DEETS what was the fastest time

tlr

More like credit to you Dawson for being out in that crap! It was grim enough driving home.

I managed to keep up with the big boys and got round in just under 4.30, came in 3rd so we were actually back before the proper rain started. I basically followed a nice guy called Graham who knew where he was going.

Should have been 4th but the chap who should have come in first got lost.

dawson

well done Deets! I bet you had finished before the weather turned!

dawson

wow – well done tlr – thats fast!

deets

Under four and a half is absolutely incredible, maybe next year…
    I reckon anyone who can slog round that route in under 8 hours is doing ok though. Great event and the best line up of cakes at any event HQ I’ve ever done.

Artillerydave
    Free Member

There were plenty of us out from the Woollybacks, it is a good event and is challanging day out in the saddle, the club times ranged from 4hrs 50mins to over 9hrs, with three of our lads in the top 10. I came in at 8hrs 9mins and am official **** now.

I was on the bright green blood.

adt
    Free Member

we went round in 4hrs 3min in 2007 think thats still the course record init

MrSparkle

I did it. I think I was first Singlespeed (mainly because I think I was the only Singlespeed… ;0))
    Despite the weather turning a bit late on I really enjoyed it. 5hrs 15 mins was ok, I was hoping for a bit quicker, tbh. Event was pretty well organised and I had a chat with a few decent folk on the way round. I was glad that I pretty much remembered the route from doing it in the past as it would have been easy to go amiss if you didn’t concentrate.
    Respect to the guys who did it on ‘crossers as 3 Peaks training – that was a bridge too far for me!

dawson

crumbs, wouldn’t have wanted to do it singlespeed!

I think I could go 30mins faster now, just from knowing the route

el_bandido
    Free Member

The missus and myself got round in 7.36ish, we got lost for a bit at the end, so I’m claiming 7.30 🙂

First time I’ve ridden the whole of the MTL and absolutely loved it. The biblical weather towards the end was a bit much. I was pleased I managed to ride the horrible climb up to Cragg Quarry.

Thanks to the organisers. The feed stations were extremely well stocked

v12jat
    Free Member

I did it yesterday, for the second year. This time I really enjoyed it!
    Was talking to some sound people on the way round which helps!

Have the results been put online?!

dawson

There is a link to some photos on their Facebook page, but not seen any results yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MTL Challenge today – anybody else do it?’ is closed to new replies.