Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 362 total)
  • MP shot and stabbed in Birstall, W Yorks
  • mefty
    Free Member

News just breaking, awful news.

EDIT: Link to local paper

Pigface
    Free Member

Sounds very serious

somouk
    Free Member

Does sound serious, just read they are saying two shot now.

woody2000

That’s about 5 mins from me, just been wondering what the helicopter was doing. I’ll be staying inside for now! 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Serious injuries and in critical condition. 🙁

kimbers

Hope shes OK, one of the good ones!!

PJM1974
    Free Member

This is really not good news at all.

Forty-one and a mother of two…

wwaswas

Attacker shouted ‘Britain First’ 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

Attacker shouted ‘Britain First’

Just read the same, maybe just a nutter looking for a cause like the twunt in Orlando who claimed he was acting for ISIS, maybe it’s one of the Britain First lot who were trainin in Wales last week which included “knife skills”.

mintimperial

Horrific. Hope she’s ok and makes it through.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Very, very sad news indeed.

🙁

igm

Seriously wwaswas? Do you have a source? I mean she was a remain campaigner and her husband had been counter protesting against leave on the Thames yesterday, but has the referendum really got to that point.
    There’s also suggestion it’s because she didn’t vote against air strikes on Syria.
    I guess the truth will come out eventually.

wwaswas

Seriously wwaswas? Do you have a source?

Mirror, SKyNews, MEN so far. all quoting ‘eyewitness’.

P-Jay
    Free Member

igm – Member

Seriously wwaswas? Do you have a source? I mean she was a remain campaigner and her husband had been counter protesting against leave on the Thames yesterday, but has the referendum really got to that point.
    There’s also suggestion it’s because she didn’t vote against air strikes on Syria.
    I guess the truth will come out eventually.

Sky News are reporting it, but it’s just hearsay at the moment – I guess BBC will want more substance before they report it.

P-Jay
    Free Member
    igm

Ouch – sounding like the referendum maybe has got to that point.

Whatever.

For now, my best wishes to her, her husband and children. The rest can wait for later.

craigxxl
    Free Member

A 10 minute walk from where I live so a little bit of a shock to here. My thoughts go out to her.

igm

BBC are showing pictures of a white man being arrested.

Which may or may not mean anything.

franksinatra

I have always assumed that MP surgeries, are magnets for local nutters. Lots of security in Westminster but nothing in a local surgery

P-Jay
    Free Member

I could hear a loud popping noise that sounded like a balloon burst – a loud balloon – and when I looked round there’s a man stood there in his 50s with a white baseball cap on and a jacket with a gun, an old fashioned looking gun in his hand, and he shot this lady once and then he shot her again, she fell to the floor, lent over shot her once more in the face area.”
    Clarke Rothwell

Oh that’s horrific.

neilwheel
    Free Member

It seems that he stabbed her a number of times afterwards too.

SaxonRider

Horrific and heart-breaking. There is nothing more to say, really. 🙁

dazh

Haven’t even got to the bottom of page 1 and this thread is already approaching the gutter. Can’t we at least pretend to have a bit of respect and class?

igm

I agree Farage and the ‘kippers and their general angers on and supporters are cretins Tom, but that’s not today’s story.

Today’s story is that a father is going to have to explain to his two young children what happened to mummy.

And if that sounds a little emotional it’s because we have two young children, Jo Cox is about 3 weeks older than my wife and my wife will have been a mile or so away from where it happened. Yes I know it looks like Mrs Cox was targeted, and it’s unlikely my wife would be, but it’s still a little too easy to relate to it.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Local man Tommy Mair named as the person arrested

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You’re right Igm, it’s a discussion for another day it would seem. Although, if he was a Muslim – I’m sure we’d all be discussing the political/social implications of it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Jo Cox was doing what all MPs could and should be doing – engaging with constituents, which is absolutely what a proper democracy needs to be about.

And aside from politics for just a moment, as I said earlier, Jo Cox is forty one years old and has two young children 🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

very saddened to hear this has taken place…reports suggest she was shot 3 times (once in the head) and repeatedly stabbed with a 12″ knife.
    prayers and thoughts with her and her family

Rockape63
    Free Member

.reports suggest she was shot 3 times (once in the head) and repeatedly stabbed with a 12″ knife.

Seems pretty amazing that she’s still alive ! Lets hope she makes it.

project
    Free Member

sadly another two people stabbed and shot, horrendous time for all their families.

tonyja
    Free Member

Very shocking, Im pretty certain she was in the dingy yesterday on the thames with her husband and kids getting squirted with a hosepipe from another boat that had a different opinion to her. The previous tweet from her husband had said the kids wished there was another flotilla today, and then shortly after they would have got this news.
    Really feel for her husband and children right now. Hope she pulls through.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Didn’t she work for Oxfam, so regardless of your politics she’s a conviction politician, ie. one of the good ones. Truly horrific and hope she pulls through.

GrahamS

From that live Sky feed above:

roddymansfield – 37 minutes ago

There has been no official confirmation the suspect did indeed shout “Britain First!” before shooting Ms Cox and no witnesses Sky News has spoken to say they heard the phrase shouted.

wwaswas

She’s died.

Dreadful.

Philby

RIP Jo Cox – a sad day for society.

myopic
    Free Member

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh, no.

Tragic news.

🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe… 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 362 total)

The topic ‘MP shot and stabbed in Birstall, W Yorks’ is closed to new replies.