Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mozine – Easyjet NIGHTMARE
  • aguesty1
    Free Member

So I flew out to Morzine on Sunday along with the Mrs and two bikes, arrived late at Geneva as Easyjet couldn’t get the bikes on the plane in the time required before takeoff!

We arrived in Geneva 1 hour late then 1 bike short, basically Easyjet didn’t put 5 bikes on the plane yet had earlier informed us that all bikes were on the plane as someone had questioned the fact that he saw 5 bikes being taken away on a transporter.

So after 2 hours of waiting for bags we went and spent a further 30minutes form filling.

Long and short of it is that my bike turned up last night at 7pm, I was without it for two full days!

It was a ball ache tracking the bag, make sure you guys ask for a receipt for the bike otherwise they cannot track it!

On the plus side, after 1 full day of rain and one day of trails drying up the weather is looking great for today and my bike is built!!!!!

kimbers

does your insurance cover it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that but that’s why I drive ! Flying is cheaper but if you have stuff to take like bikes there is a lot of scope for it to go pear shaped with bikes going missing or with damage.

smogmonster

The exact reason i never fly to the Alps anymore. Drive down, yes its more expensive..but when you lose your bike for 2/3 days, thats half your hols pretty much wasted anyhow. And you can as much crap with you as you like. Get 2 or 3 mates with you and its not much more expensive anyway.

campfreddie
    Free Member

whenever i fly my bike to geneva, i always fly ba. the basic ticket costs more, but the bike ends up going for free which makes it no more expensive than sleazyjet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@campfreddie has good advice.

The budget airlines business model involves turning the plane round very quickly to reduce airport charges. Loading an unloading larger items isn’t a priority even if you’ve paid for carriage. The amount they would have to compensate you is tiny in comparison to the airport charge if they are late taking off. I like easyjet (flew them this past weekend to Copenhagen) but I personally wouldn’t take a bike on a flight with them.

d45yth
    Free Member

aguesty1 – Member

So I flew out to Morzine on Sunday along with the Mrs and two bikes, arrived late at Geneva as Easyjet couldn’t get the bikes on the plane in the time required before takeoff!

Was that not your fault for not getting to the airport early enough?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1 for all of the above; last time we flew we went with BA, worked out same price as Sleazyjet once you’d factored in bike costs, but with far less aggro.

Having driven down to Verbier last week and been surprised how easy it is, I wont be flying to the Alps again. Having a big MPV (bought to use as a bike van) we took our bikes plus 2 bikes for mates who were flying down, full tool kit, and all the spares you can think of.

IIRC Easyjet dont guarantee to fly your bike on the same plane, only to the same destination. On busy weekends like PdeS its a lottery. To be fair to em they probably get the vast majority there, but its your holiday ruined (or made expensive with hire bikes) if they dont.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yep… same happened to me going to majorca ni march. 1st time its happened to me. I actually had no luggage or bike for nearly 3 days!

Had to borrow kit off people and hire a bike. The guy in majorca said it’s quite common if the plane is full they will go on the next flight. Just in my case that flight was 2 days later!

legend
    Free Member

BA connecting through Heathrow, 1hr 30min transfer. Kiss you’re bike good-bye for a couple of days from my experience

carlphillips
    Free Member

im off to morzine for 3 days in august…hope it doesn’t happen to me!!!

aguesty1
    Free Member

Yes insurance covers it so that’s fine, the firm who we stay with have helped me out by lending me a bike.

As for being my fault for not being early enough, we arrived 2 hours before the flight so when check in opened and paid speedy boarding to avoid dragging the bikes through the queue. Basically the 5 bikes not on the plane had all arrived early!

Anyways ranting over, this place is great apart from the breaking bumps!!!!!

aguesty1
    Free Member

Carlphillips, make sure you get a receipt from check in, should there be an issue (I hope there isn’t) it will be easier to track!

legend
    Free Member

Get off the main trails

Tracey

It happened to Kevin via Easyjet a few years ago. It was the first weeks the lifts were open. Four of the five bikes in their group were left on the tarmac as were thirty others. Irony was their group were the first to check in. The pilot signed to leave them as they had been delayed and would have missed their take off slot. He could see his bike bag on the tarmac even after every one was assured that the bike bags there were for a different flight.

Northwind

“Well sir, the good news is the slingers haven’t mangled your bike yet. The bad news is that it’s only because they haven’t touched it yet.”

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mozine – Easyjet NIGHTMARE’ is closed to new replies.