• This topic has 41 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Movies I've not seen..
  • Merak

Schindlers List
    The Jungle Book
    Blade Runner
    City Of God
    The Beach 🙂
    Raging Bull
    Lost In Translation
    Dark Knight

rmacattack
    Free Member

every movie of 2016.

legend
    Free Member

*waits for “any of the Star War movies and I don’t intend to” comment*

km79
    Free Member

Star War movies, doubt I ever will either.

jimjam
    Free Member

Merak – Member

Schindlers List
    The Jungle Book
    Blade Runner
    City Of God
    The Beach
    Raging Bull
    Lost In Translation
    Dark Knight

You really need to watch Raging Bull. The rest of them….meh. Meh I say.

Merak

Makes note to watch Raging Bull.

Caher

Some pretty obscure films on Kermode’s list, most of which I’d never bother with.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Life of Pi
    Bridge over the river Kwai
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Dr zhivago
    Fiddler on the roof
    Sound of music

aracer
    Free Member

Every single Oscar nominated movie this decade (the most recent I have seen is Inglourious Basterds)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Picture

DezB
    Free Member

*waits for “any of the Star War Godfather movies and I don’t intend to” comment*

yawn!

nealglover
    Free Member

Most of these:

http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/news-bfi/lists/mark-kermode-50-films-every-film-fan-should-watch?

Mark Kermode and I clearly have have very different tastes.

I watch a lot of films, it I’ve not a single one off his top 50 😆

onlysteel
    Free Member

Seen a few of Kermodes list. Never come across the BFI player before. Could be worth exploring.

jambourgie
    Free Member

The Matrix

Never seen. Not a fan of action, or Keanu Reeves. Am I missing out?

footflaps

The Matrix

Never seen. Not a fan of action, or Keanu Reeves. Am I missing out?

I think you have to see them when they came out. The Matrix was very innovative at the time and the style was quite unique. Like a lot of things, expectations move on and so seeing it fresh now isn’t the same…

andytherocketeer

most of the aforementioned movies.

it would be easier to list those I have watched (which of those mentioned so far is star wars original trilogy 4,5,6, and the matrix triliogy). I saw one of the new star wars at christmas on NowTV, but I’d need to remind myself which one it was.
    The last movie I watched in a cinema I think was the Bond movie that came out December 1999.
    have seen 1 movie from mark kermode’s list (Capricorn 1).

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The Matrix Never seen.

How do you know ?

richardkennerley

E.T.

jimjam
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

Most of these:

http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/news-bfi/lists/mark-kermode-50-films-every-film-fan-should-watch?

Mark Kermode and I clearly have have very different tastes.

I watch a lot of films, it I’ve not a single one off his top 50 [/quote]

I’ve seen a fair few of them. Looking down the list it looks like a selection of films intended to instill an appreciation for a wide variety of styles and genres.

As a young film studies student I would have eaten that up (and did for years), seeking out every art house, obscure, avantgarde or wierd film I could find. Eventually I realised that despite appreciating them I didn’t enjoy them. I like genres for the most part.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Schindlers List
    The Jungle Book
    Blade Runner
    City Of God
    The Beach
    Raging Bull
    Lost In Translation
    Dark Knight

Quite impressive. My list of films I’ve not seen would extend to the hundreds of thousands. You must spend a lot of time at the cinema 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Godfather, no interest either.

RustySpanner

I’ve seen a fair few of them. Looking down the list it looks like a selection of films intended to instill an appreciation for a wide variety of styles and genres.

Not a fan of Kermode, but I like that list.
    Remember a lot of those from 80’s TV, especially the French stuff.

Not seen:
    Close Encounters.
    E.T.
    Any of the Rocky’s.
    Any Fast and Furious.
    Gone with The Wind.

Cougar

have seen 1 movie from mark kermode’s list (Capricorn 1).

Hah, I’ve seen two and that was one of them. The other was The Ipcress Files.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Lost in Translation was the biggest pile of garbage I ever paid money to watch. You’ve not missed much.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Well I kinda liked it once you got into the groove.

rmacattack
    Free Member

groovy baby. it was shite even with johansson’s face i couldn’t watch it

Coyote
    Free Member

My list of “Films I’ve Never Seen But Know The Gist Of” is legendary. Although out of the OP’s list I’ve seen 3. Jungle Book (being a father this is kind of obligatory), The Beach and The Dark Knight.

orangeorange
    Free Member

Watched “Dead mans shoes” last night,what a load of rubbish that was !
    It”s revered as a cult film in many circles,it just reminded so much of Phoenix Nights that I half-expected Brian Potter to make a cameo appearance in his wheelchair at some point.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Deep Throat

Rubber_Buccaneer

Debbie Does Dallas

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve never seen any StarWars, but I’d quite like to.

Never seen any Lord of the Rings and I don’t want to though.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Fairly proud to say never seen Avatar and rode out the 3D hype.

Other than that, most films since 2010 as I’ve given up on them. Just glossy CG for kids with an attention span of a minute and no plot or rehashed plot, or reboot of a reboot. With the Marvel type stuff especially, I can’t keep up or really care.

I even can’t believe I’ve had no enthusiasm for seeing Rogue One or even seeing Force Awakens more than once.

Kermode’s list is a lot of hard watches. Some good ones though, but he’s listing stuff for their challenging or dark tones, artistry, not for greatness. Never could stand Kermode anyway.

Now Barry Norman has a decent list…

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-01-31/barry-normans-100-greatest-films-of-all-time-in-full/

About 25 of those not seen. Those that I have are all excellent, so probably the rest are too.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I watched the pile of shite Pan’s Labyrinth years ago on the recommendation from Mark Kermode so wholeheartedly agree with others on here about his taste.

I steer well clear of anything aimed at teenagers with ADHD like Transformers or Fast & Fatuous.

DezB
    Free Member

That is a good list. (But I’d always rate Godfather 2 over Godfather, personally)

I’ve never seen any LotR films either. Seen Debbie Does Dallas, back in the 80s with my girlfriend – it’s actually quite rude. Strange it doesn’t make Barry’s list.

Cougar

Yeah, that’s not bad. Reckon I’seen 40-50 of those (there’s quite a few I don’t actually know whether I’ve watched or not).

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Blimey deadkenny, I’ve seen all but four of those on the Barry Norman list and have 37 on DVD!

jimjam
    Free Member

deadkenny

Kermode’s list is a lot of hard watches. Some good ones though, but he’s listing stuff for their challenging or dark tones, artistry, not for greatness. Never could stand Kermode anyway.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-01-31/barry-normans-100-greatest-films-of-all-time-in-full/

About 25 of those not seen. Those that I have are all excellent, so probably the rest are too.

Kermode’s list deliberately has a lot of “hard watches”. Barry Norman’s is essentially unchallenging, enjoyable, popularist fare. I doubt there would be much disagreement between the two about many of the films on the other’s list.

forzafkawi

I watched the pile of shite Pan’s Labyrinth years ago on the recommendation from Mark Kermode so wholeheartedly agree with others on here about his taste.

Please explain why you thought Pan’s Labyrinth was a “pile of shite”.

forzafkawi
    I steer well clear of anything aimed at teenagers with ADHD like Transformers

Mark Kermode hates the Transformers films 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

Pan’s Labyrinth is an amazing film.

tomhoward

Seen? I’ve only heard of 2 on Kermodes list!

Not seen godfather films, but wouldn’t object to watching them.

Cougar

I steer well clear of anything aimed at teenagers with ADHD like Transformers

I love a good action movie and couldn’t watch Transformers. The action sequences were just a blurry mess, half the time I couldn’t tell what was going on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Movies I've not seen..’ is closed to new replies.