Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Mousetrackworld – Banana attack!
  • rossatease
    Free Member

The Banana wooden tree thing has been attacked, it’s a mouse, the kitchen has now been declared a no go area, wives and daughters are running around screaming and waving hands in the air, but…

No I can’t poison it, it’ll go off and die somewhere then smell, no I can’t use my trusty old mouse trap, it’ll hurt the poor thing and they might have to witness broken back and entrails..

Do it humanely ffs?

Someone explain how please, I know this is the only place on earth where someone will know what to do..

lemonysam
    Free Member

zippykona

You are man,hunter,protector.
    Set the traps.

jamiep
    Free Member

just set the traps without them knowing

joshvegas
    Free Member

Traps kill the poor wee buggers dead.

Northwind

What is a wooden banana tree thing?

We got my grandad humane moustraps, they were effective at being traps but really bad at being humane, mostly they just starved to death

scaled
    Free Member

get a cardboard box (small) and a marker pen.

Write “Humane mouse trap on the side” and put your trusty ‘little nipper’ inside 😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

Tell them its traps or vegetarianism.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

There is a real answer. Also usually the most effective traps too, I have used them with 100% success rates.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9zLtgmtpTY[/video]

ransos
    Free Member

Humane mouse traps work fine. Bait it with chocolate and go and release a good distance from your house. Done it successfully a couple of times in recent years.

rossatease
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    What is a wooden banana tree thing?

Doesn’t everyone have them or is this a North v South issue? anyway I’m lead to believe it was a DT project I hate to think we paid money to hang up bananas rather than have them in the fruit bowl.

I did break out my old air rifle, they had a melt down.. 😕

stinkingdylan
    Free Member

Last mouse we had I had to catch with my hands. It climbed up the curtains to escape the cat, and I had to pull him down by his tail.

The canny little bugger ran up my arm and just sat there on my elbow. I then walked him outside away from the house, like a parrot on my arm, and let him go.

I’d go with a cardboard box or a large vase with food inside, angled so that he becomes stuck.

rossatease
    Free Member

Ugh! I think I’d be running round screaming as well if it ran up my arm <shudder>

maxtorque

Job done.

Yak

chrisdw
    Free Member

We caught 2 with an upturned basket that we threw at it. But that was a pain as it meant chasing t around the room for hours. Bough snap traps as they are about a third of the price of humane ones. Baited them with choccy spread. Caught loads. We are talking hear it snap… Get rid of dead mouse. 10 mins later it would snap again. Strange thing was, the ones we caught overnight always had no bait left so the brothers and sisters were literally crawling over their siblings corpses for some choccy goodness.

Think we got them all now.

Had a couple with really bulgey eyes after being snapped. Was quite funny! They looked surprised!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I suspect there would be side-effects. To the house, and the man’s freedom.

brakes
    Free Member

create a humane trap for your family and live in glorious harmony with the mouse.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The caught ones with bulging eyes may have been looking surprised for a different reason

rossatease
    Free Member

Cats are regarded as aliens with Jedi like mind control over the weaker members of humanity, strictly dogs only at harmony hall. Dogs however are about as useless at mouse catching as the rest of us.

However we could consider a loan cat?

We could pick it up we’ve researched a cat carrier…

Yak

Jedi cats you say?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6erUBMtV2g&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

wwaswas

trail_rat
    Free Member

“No I can’t poison it, it’ll go off and die somewhere then smell”

it really doesnt…..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I used the plastic traps from BandQ – very effective and I’d say so fast it wouldn’t hurt. Also hits the neck, so no blood and guts either.

rossatease
    Free Member

What these? I’ll have a look in that B & Q lunchtime, they look complex I trust there are instructions.

I’ll get the bread knife to get on a rant about kids tidying their rooms, that should be enough to have them chucking themselves on the traps..

saxabar
    Free Member

Big Cheese Revolver mousetraps from B&Q with a cat biscuit work every time for field mice. Cat is of course useless as it is she who is responsible for bringing the little buggers in. Leave alongside wall of clean quiet room for when mouse comes out looking for grub.

MoreCashThanDash

Last autumn we had problems with mice getting into the guinea pig hutch, so I put a proper trap under the hutch.

Looked out the window on the way to bed one night and could see we’d caught one. Decided to dispose of the body in the morning and toddled off to bed.

Got up next morning. No dead mouse. And no trap either.

Can only assume that one of our neighbours was awakened in the night by their cat coming through the catflap dragging a “full” mouse trap!

mrben100
    Free Member

Might be a rat (unless you’ve seen it), if so…….you going to need a bigger trap..

saxabar
    Free Member

And, if a mouse, they actually decompose into bones remarkably quickly without smell. Not that I uncovered a couple under the sofa and behind the TV cabinet, or anything like that! #countryliving!

rossatease
    Free Member

mrben100 – Member
    Might be a rat (unless you’ve seen it), if so…….you going to need a bigger trap..

Don’t! She’s now got herself convinced there are rats in the loft, says she can hear them padding about, we’re now on Defcon 5 and sending for the Pet Detective, Exterminators r Us and all manner of bollox, they’ve been off to the hair salon this morning bread knife and daughter, had a summit meeting there and are issuing all manner of directives, I had to come back to work this is going to get far worse before it gets better, they’re now refusing that essential of all female skills, kitchen engineering and food production, I can see myself and the dogs eating up the pub tonight.

stumpy01

rossatease – Member

Don’t! She’s now got herself convinced there are rats in the loft, says she can hear them padding about

Could be nesting birds at this time of year. Fledgling birds having an explore outside the nest.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

These take no prisoners, 100% success rate & I’ve caught 100’s!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nApdpw]Mouse trap[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

Chocolate is the bait to use.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

What these? I’ll have a look in that B & Q lunchtime, they look complex I trust there are instructions.

they look it but aren’t. Open up, leave in the right place, BANG, dead critter. Body trapped so you pick the trap, hold it over a plastic bag, open it and the stiff drops into the bag. the traps now set and ready for re-use. Brilliant.

takisawa2

Had a couple in the garage. Same orders from wife, to capture & teach them error of ways etc.
    That’s until they ate the straps on my lads roller blades…
    Then it was a licence to kill.
    Wilkos traps did the job.
    I have their heads on plaques in the hall.

mrben100
    Free Member

saxabar – Member
    …………… #countryliving!

Exactly.

rossatease – Member
    Don’t! She’s now got herself convinced there are rats in the loft, says she can hear them padding about,

stumpy01 – Member
    Could be nesting birds at this time of year. Fledgling birds having an explore outside the nest.

OH works from home and could hear noises above the ceiling in the office. We could hear them at night gnawing through stuff and scurrying about. Convinced ourselves it was nesting birds/bats/friendly little cute mouse.

It wasn’t! It was a ****ing massive rat stomping about in nob-nailed boots eating everything that lay in its path., ate its way through the back of the kitchen units (the hardboard)and ate all the food in teh back of the cupboards, most of the polystyrene backing to both the loft hatches, covers to all the cookbooks in the cupboards, pair of my boxing gloves, the list goes on.

I had put out mouse traps, humane and otherwise, local independent pest control laughed when he saw the traps saying it would be lke tring to stop a tank with a fly swat.

Ended up with poison everywhere inside and out. (turns out most people in the village already do this so our property must have seemed like the rat equivalent of Centre Parcs).

Oddly enough found a dying rat in the back garden this weekend just gone, signs were the poison taking effect. Needless to say I put it out of its misery, it was bloody massive.

But don’t worry, I’m sure you’re right and it’s a friendly little mouse 😉

rossatease
    Free Member

I assumed birds on roof, never heard anything personally, but the way things are escalating here, just got home and being told stories along the lines of..
    Mutant Rat attack as reason for no supper, so as suspected tonights dog bike ride will end with eating up the pub..

eddiebaby
    Free Member

take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

rossatease
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member
    take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

😆 I wish…

rossatease
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru

Humane mouse traps work fine. Bait it with chocolate and go and release a good distance from your house. Done it successfully a couple of times in recent years.

They do until you get a mouse that has feasted so well on your provisions (without even paying rent!) that it’s too fat to fit inside the trap!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Mousetrackworld – Banana attack!’ is closed to new replies.