Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 448 total)
  • Motorist tweets of knocking off cyclist…
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Link

I hope the Old Bill catch her – she sounds a bloody dangerous & ignorant liability!

edlong
    Free Member

If you’re on twitter, have a look at @cyclehatred – she’s far from an isolated case, sadly

portlyone

Deleted Twitter and Facebook accounts a little too late it seems.

samuri
    Free Member

Dear me, that cycle hatred really is a bit depressing. What sad, little people. Does anybody bother try discussing with them at all? Not that it would make much difference I guess.

eskay

Good to see her looks back up the stereotype!

Looks like she may have been busted and someone grassed her up to her employers

Simpleton

I quite like the idea of those road tax jerseys.

samuri
    Free Member

I have one of those ipayroadtax t- shirts and I’d recommend one. Good quality material and logo, fits well, provokes debate. I enjoy wearing it in work. You quickly find out who is onside and who isn’t. The latter get targeted with education campaigns. 😉

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I followed that cyclehatred for a while, pretty depressing on both sides of the coin.

Pretty interesting that they mention in the article that most tweets come from young female drivers. Seemed to be the case when i was following.

Ladders
    Free Member

Shouldn’t it be ‘I don’t need to pay road tax’ though!

Or

‘You don’t pay road tax, and neither do I!’

mrmo
    Free Member

not very bright for a trainee accountant…

can’t be arsed posting her nam, address, place of work etc. It is all over the Internet.

I do wonder what the police will do? Did she hit a cyclist, in which case could argue attempted murder, as she says she deliberately hit the cyclist. If she is lying does that count as incitement?

Notice one tweet where someone says they rang her work to have a go….

scotroutes

apparently….

mrmo
    Free Member

@scotroutes, i was hopeing it was a stupid girl bragging, not a stupid girl actually trying to kill people…

So, lets see the outcome of this…..

matt_bl
    Free Member

I can’t imagine what she thought would be the outcome of posting that on twitter.

If it’s true they can’t bang her up for long enough.

Matt

Houns

Lols at her previous tweets moaning about how sh*t her life is.

officialtob
    Free Member

that cycle hatred really is a bit depressing.

I’ve unfollowed a load of people on Twitter similar to that one. Actually puts me off going out on the bike. 🙁

vorlich
    Free Member

She’s clearly a **** clown, but grassing her up to her employer it petty and pathetic. Let the police handle it.

mactheknife

vorlich – Member

She’s clearly a **** clown, but grassing her up to her employer it petty and pathetic. Let the police handle it.

Wrong, grassing her up and seriously messing with her is exactly what she needs. Petty and pathetic?? i think we have very differing ideas on this one.

MSP

but grassing her up to her employer it petty and pathetic. Let the police handle it.

But way down the list of bad things compared to using a car as a weapon to run a cyclist off the road, then boasting about it on twitter. In fact by comparison its completely insignificant.

mrmo
    Free Member

end of the day, she has used her car as a weapon, she has deliberately tried to knock a cyclist off, i won’t say she tried to kill him. I hope she was too stupid to understand just how serious her actions could have been.

She should loose her licence at the very least, and a prison sentence to make a statement that this behaviour is totally unacceptable. Plus maybe some time in A&E or around people who have suffered serious injuries just so she is aware of what she could have done.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Houns – Member
    Lols at her previous tweets moaning about how sh*t her life is.

POSTED 24 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I think it’s about to get a whole lot worse 😆

mdavids
    Free Member

I followed that cyclehatred for a while, pretty depressing on both sides of the coin.

Pretty interesting that they mention in the article that most tweets come from young female drivers. Seemed to be the case when i was following.

Doesn’t surprise me really. As a regular cycle commuter I reckon I’m one of the select few who can accurately predict how I’m going to die – under the wheels of one of these self absorbed, self obsessed, “powered by fairy dust”, slightly chubby barbie dolls too busy checking out their facebook to watch where they’re going. They’re worse drivers than their male counterparts who at least have some driving ability to go with their over-confidence.

I think it’s about to get a whole lot worse

I do hope so.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

There does seem to be a lot of (mostly younger) people who don’t realise that posting on twitter is broadcasting to world, not chatting to their mates in the pub.

GrahamS

Her boss has shown up in the comments of the road.cc story so it sounds like she’ll be very aware by now how silly she has been regardless of what the police can/will do.

scotroutes

Is this really such a surprise when dicks like Jeremy Clarkson are allowed to spew forth anti-cyclist bile (disguised as humour) on state-owned TV and he’s held up to be some sort of wonderful celebrity across the nation – including by many on this site?

crazy-legs

Been following that one as it developed, I really think a few cases like this where the police respond favourably and more importantly where it’s shown that such actions have serious consequences for the perpetrator could actually help in the long run.

Of course, that assumes that the police will actually do something rather than just tell her not be such a silly little girl, now run along and play nicely.

Houns

And there’s the first anti clarkson comment

scotroutes

Houns – are going to deny he has made anti-cyclist comments on Top Gear? That he has encouraged drivers not to respect cyclists right to be on the roads? Or are you just going to make some smart-arsed comment and leave it there?

mdavids
    Free Member

Could probably do with some sort of tv ad campaign, something along the lines of the anti drink driving one’s that run every christmas:

Paying road tax doesn’t give you ownership of the road.
    You’re not actually getting held up by a significant amount of time.
    Cyclists are squishy when hit with big bits of metal.
    They need more than a pubes width when passing.

Might help to change attitudes.

project
    Free Member

MSP – Member

but grassing her up to her employer it petty and pathetic. Let the police handle it.

But way down the list of bad things compared to using a car as a weapon to run a cyclist off the road, then boasting about it on twitter. In fact by comparison its completely insignificant.

If she used her employers computer, or mobile phone and if she had a car provided by her accountancy firm then yes it is for her employer to know, i wouldnt want someone who brags about hitting a cyclist working for me, or even using the roads.

There does seem to to be a large number of young women who fail to obey the rules and laws of the road and thats from local and national press coverage.

project
    Free Member

double post again

Sandwich

Paying road tax doesn’t give you ownership of the road.

This road tax of which you speak, what is it? I believe Mr Churchill abolished it before the last big European unpleasantness.

cookeaa

Interesting case this one. I’d be interested to see what sentence she gets (if) convicted.

The rozzers should take a dim view of leaving the scene of an incident and the twitter bragging should only serve to compound the picture of her as a remorseless, entitled, ignorant moron…

As for the clarksonites. There are a few dickheads about who think he’s an actual person I think of his top gear persona as a work of fiction/hyperbole. He is entertaining because its mostly pretend.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

This road tax of which you speak, what is it?

(Takes deep breath).

It’s a colloquialism. Like alcohol tax (not its real name), or tobacco tax (ditto).

It’s a tax certain users must pay to use our roads. It’s disguised (not very well, but it works with simpletons apparently) as an emissions tax, but as vehicles that don’t use public roads (closed course rally & race cars, motocross bikes, trials bikes, aircraft, etc.) don’t have to pay the tax, it’s obviously just a Road Tax.

Now, some people will then note that Road Tax isn’t even spent on roads. No shit Sherlock! Tobacco Tax isn’t spent on tobacco, and Alcohol Tax isn’t spent on alcohol either.

The only fair outcome of the drivers actions would be a total ban with retest required.

mdavids
    Free Member

It’s what dim wits believe they pay. It entitles them to cripple non-payers in order to get to their destination 30 seconds faster.

crazy-legs

It needs to be a module either as part of the driving test or in those speed awareness courses.

Wonder how EmmaWay20 would feel if a lorry gave her a “punishment tap” as she drove along a motorway and then tweeted that he’d done it cos he paid far more “road tax” that her so she deserved it.

The depressing stupidity of so many people never fails to upset me. 🙁

project
    Free Member

Lots more detail on roadcc, and the cyclist writes as well as her boss.

scotroutes

From road.cc

Update: We’ve spoken to Toby Hockley, the rider involved in the collision, to get a bit of background on the incident. He’s pretty sure it was him, anyway. “The police said it was me”, he told us, and the time and location fit the bill.

“I was riding on a country B-road with a friend, and descending a hill on a blind right hand corner”, Toby told us. “I was sticking to the left as the corner was blind. A car came round in the opposite direction going much too quickly to make the corner safely. It missed the rider in front of me but hit me, my right leg caught the front right wing. I was thrown up onto the bonnet, I hit the side of windsrceen and the wing mirror. I bounced back off the car and went through a hedge for about 20 metres. I managed to keep control of the bike; the back brake had locked on but I managed to rejoin the road and stop in the middle of it”

Amazingly Toby made it through the incident with only minor damage to himself and the bike. “I have a sore elbow, a bruised knee, nettle stings from riding through the hedge, but nothing serious”, he told us. “The headset of the bike is loose from the collision, one of the levers got knocked round the bars and there’s bits of nettle in the chain, but I think the bike is intact.”

“Myself and my friend burst out laughing when we finally came to a stop, more out of shock than anything else”, he said. “You count your limbs and carry on”.

fasgadh
    Free Member

I pay the modern equivalent of “road tax”. £20. Does that purple piece of paper I just handed over give me the right to incite a hate crime?

It can be interesting to mentally insert the ethnic group of choice instead of cyclist in those tweets. (Dont do it online 🙂 )

Hopefully she will be parted from her weapon of choice for a while, but I am not holding my breath.

I am glad Toby Hockley made it, that was frightening reading.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

“The only fair outcome of the drivers actions would be a total ban with retest required”

How is this the ‘only fair outcome’?

nealglover
    Free Member

This road tax of which you speak, what is it? I believe Mr Churchill abolished it before the last big European unpleasantness.

Sandwich earlier ……..

vorlich
    Free Member

If she used her employers computer, or mobile phone and if she had a car provided by her accountancy firm then yes it is for her employer to know, i wouldnt want someone who brags about hitting a cyclist working for me, or even using the roads.

There does seem to to be a large number of young women who fail to obey the rules and laws of the road and thats from local and national press coverage.

Yes. If.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘Motorist tweets of knocking off cyclist…’ is closed to new replies.