Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Most fantasticly good v.f.m piece of kit?
  • ton

to even the balance.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Jelly babies

z1ppy

Jones bikes, a custom made to your size/spec’d Titanium frame from a master of the frame building art?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

On-one pompino or inbred frame set or even surly crosscheck for out and out versatility

thehustler
    Free Member

erm rear led light in supermarket in france, when we got to check out no price coming up for it so they said just take it, might have been swayed bt the £300+ of wine we had in the trolley at the same time 🙂

Mugboo

Shimano’s cheapest shoes with a lacekeeper. 7 yrs old and still in good nick.

fivespot
    Free Member

Pedros tyre levers

ton

z1ppy – Member
    Jones bikes, custom made to your size/spec’d Ti frame from a master of the art?

zippy, kinda like a bike for life, eh? 😀

woody2000

Crud guards

wrecker
    Free Member

Hope hoops w/stans rims. There’s no wheelset to touch it on value. Superstar Nanos.

crikey
    Free Member

Castelli gilet. £80, 16 years old, 500p a year…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

M520 spd pedals. Picked some up BNIB for £15 the other day. Almost as cheap as the cleats themselves. Even at that price they last forever and are semi-servicable. Bonkers.

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

bonty mud x.

z1ppy

Ton, I doubt it, as no bikes for life, unless your not interested in progression.

…just balancing the scales for them, after several comments against them on another thread 😉

(Not an owner or a fanboi but I understand why they sell)

midlifecrashes

Gear cables. 2 Shimano inners and a selection of lengths of SP60 outer to suit lots of frames. £5.99 Makes the gears feel like new again. Don’t have to go into one of them fancy dan bike shops either.

Clas Ohlson

noteeth
    Free Member

Old school Shimano Deore XT thumbies.

tops5
    Free Member

On One 456 in steel or carbon proper VFM!

scud
    Free Member

Shimano SPD pedals (the bottom of the range) £28 I paid and still going strong after four years.

ton

i was gonna say a on one 456 to be honest. £169 for a half good bike frame is good value i reckon.
    be it gas pipe or not…….. 😉

vorlich
    Free Member

Any sub £300 bike – as long as you actually ride it.

The health benefits are huge. Money well spent.*

*Of course you may then succumb to a downward spiral of upgrade-itis, to the point where you’re riding a £4k monster.

smell_it
    Free Member

Specialized 2bliss tyres.

hughjardon
    Free Member

smell_it

I think you posted that in the wrong thread, you want the waste of money one 😉

Speshpaul

Castelli gilet. £80, 16 years old, 500p a year…

Really, £80 16 years ago was a lot nearer £200 in todays money.

£5 a year and a 5 year life would get you quite a few Gilets, they are not a high wear item.

crikey
    Free Member

Mmm, yes, maybe you’re right, still my favourite thing tho..

nicko74

Gore RideOn cables (full liner set). Fitted once, several years ago, never touched since.
    Most of the stuff I bought on the stw forum (although I’ve not bought much in a couple of years – I hear prices have gone up?!)
    Cotic Soda Mk1.5 – obviously it was expensive at £950, but for me it’s the last bike I need to own as it’s great fun, spot on for size and suits my riding to a T. Plus a replacement now would cost about 50% more, so it’s real VFM!

ransos
    Free Member

Shimano QRs. Free with the hub and last forever.

tonto
    Free Member

When I finally find a comfy saddle – that will be the best money I can ever spend

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah had a 456 before too so can’t argue with that

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Kneewarmers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2bliss tyres

I think you posted that in the wrong thread, you want the waste of money one

As a lifelong maxxis fanboi I was skeptical, but they really are pretty great, and cheep too.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

my decathlon track pump has given me good service for a cheap price over the years, saves so much time and hassle.

zbonty

Shimano QRs is a good shout. As are cable sets above.

My vote is for the occasionally derided round here(not sure why) DMR V8s.
    Just took a set off my commuter yesterday. They were still going just a bit rattly.
    Bought new in about 1998. Never serviced. Daily use since then. About 3000+ miles last year alone.
    Now that is value!!

kelvin

XT thumbies. I still have a left/front one in regular use.

jameso

Specialized 2bliss tyres.

I’m pretty impressed with them for a £20-25 tyre.

PD-M520s
    Deore cranks

On ‘ride value’ for £ – P35 rims, WTB Rocket V saddle

kudos100
    Free Member

Shimano QRs. Free with the hub and last forever.

This. I have a 15 year old qr on the back of my full suss.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I bought some ssc tools the other day to replace lost/lent out ones; paid £11 including delivery for the same quality (if not the actual same tools) that would have cost me easily £20 as ‘Bikehut’, ‘Cyclo’ or ‘Fat Spanner’ branded stuff.

timmys

Charge Spoon saggle innit.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Tonto i so happen to have that very saddle in the forsale forum SDG Formula FXR

epicyclo

Many On-One products, especially Pompino and Scandal.

flybywire
    Free Member

planet x gilet bought 2005 £18.50. – do the math! 😆 Worn regularly & still looks good. Zip, reflectives ok.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Most fantasticly good v.f.m piece of kit?’ is closed to new replies.