• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cp.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Most 'cost effective' way to buy a bike from Halfords?
  • MrSparkle

Can somebody give me the nod as to the best way to use any codes and BCF membership to get discount from Halfords?
    I see BCF have stopped the 10% off gift vouchers now so if I order online would it be worth joining to pay at instore collection? Is this NUS code thing still working? Can you use both together?
    Gissa clue. Ta.

m0rk
    Free Member

Whatever discount codes you can apply, pick up in store – but before you order register on quidco & you’ll get 4.5% cashback ‘in store’ – I’ve had it where you get 3% for placing the order online, then another 4.5% for the instore payment (though I think they’ve clocked on this)

alpin
    Free Member

i got 10% off the price of a FS Comp. i googled “halfords voucher code” and came up with this:

http://www.vouchercodes.co.uk/halfords.co.uk

i also got another 50 quid off in sotre by spend 10 quid on accessories…

MikeG

I’ve just bought a Boardman CX for under £750. I used a TfL code (google is your friend) to get British Cycling membership half price, you can then download a 10% voucher to print and take into store. If you can find any other on line codes use these to reserve and collect so the price paid in store is less whatever the code gave then you can use the british cycling voucher on top (I couldn’t find any valid codes and there didn’t seem to be a voucher box when I reserved the bike, maybe Halfords don’t want discount on Boardmans?) I did get the £70 off for spending £700 though)

I also used quidco with a registered debit card for another £35ish off, but that hasn’t tracked yet.

cp

The bc voucher you download specifically states that it is nit valid when used in conjunction with online codes. It IS valid in conjunction with online general sales.

You can’t use the bc voucher online, you need to reserve and collect and pay in store, which only works with in stock items, not models they have to ‘ship to store’.

NUS codes havent been working for me the last couple of months.

I got a team cx when they had 70 quid off all bikes over 700, then reserved a bike in store (had to play around with postcodes to find a store with physical stock), used the bc voucher instore for extra 10% off, then had registered my card with quidco to get 4.5 % cashback which has been confirmed on email.

They seem to have clamped down on exploiting the system!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Most 'cost effective' way to buy a bike from Halfords?’ is closed to new replies.