Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Morso 04 wood stove – anyone here got one?
  • ski
    Free Member

Sorry for yet another wood burning stove question…

Been looking to get a decent 5kw wood stove & like the idea of having one which the handle can be removed* (stop my little ones getting sooty fingers, when not in use)

Anyone here had a Morso 04 fitted, what do you think, its not a cheap option?

We are not planning to move from this property, so looking for something decent that will see us out?

Is there anything else worth looking at (5kw, DEFRA approved, locking/removable door handle,etc.?)

*We will be using a decent fire guard too when in use 😉

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I know this doesn’t answer your question, but on my stove the handle does up tight (with the ashbox handle / tool) and no little fingers will undo it.

organic355
    Free Member

Ive got the 6140 and love it!!!

EDIT: thats not my house

weeksy

i just taught my little fella that fires are hot… he’s not touched it yet and TBH i doubt he ever will.

sharkbait
    Free Member

The handles on Clearview stoves are also removable.
    We have one of these (Vision 500) and it’s brilliant (other stoves are available which their owners also like very much!).

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I have a Morso 04 and an 18 month old son.

The handle can not be removed, unless your willing to undo the bolt that holds the handle on, but then the door will just be free to open anyhow.

Jnr FD would open and close the door all day if he could get to it. However we have this type of guard which stops us from using the stobe too 🙄

Oh and if you go for a MOrso stove, be careful where you buy. If its not an ‘approved’ Morso retail they will only give you a 3 year warranty ! Instead of 10 !

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have a Morso 04 and an 18 month old son.

The handle can not be removed, unless your willing to undo the bolt that holds the handle on, but then the door will just be free to open anyhow.
    We too have a Morso 04 and the handle DOES come off. Perhaps the design has changed at some point? Ours was bought in 2002.

I like it – modern, clean, simple lines. It also works well and takes a good size log.

I have photos somewhere but about to rush off to a meeting so no time to dig them out.

ski
    Free Member

thanks for the info FunkyDunc about the none removable handle, will need to double check as I have been told they are removable, maybe its something they now do on the latest version?

Good point about the warranty too, will double check.

sharkbite is the Clearview DEFRA approved for a smoke free zone, neat looking stove

ski
    Free Member

Thanks MF

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

MF How does it come off? I’ve just checked the instructions on line and there is no mention ??

Ours is 2 years old…

“i just taught my little fella that fires are hot… he’s not touched it yet and TBH i doubt he ever will.”

Thats a big risk to take. It will only take one touch and bye bye skin on hand for life.

ski
    Free Member

FD the one I looked at just pulled out

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve just done more googling and other people said it doesnt come off ?!?!

Might ring Morso as it would mean we wouldnt need to leave our guard up all the time (when not using the stove)

Just spoken to Morso. On the ‘0’ range ie 04 06 etc the handle DOES NOT come off .

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

MF did you get your Morso ’04’ off the back of a lorry 🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

We have a SCAN which is ace

sharkbait
    Free Member

sharkbite is the Clearview DEFRA approved for a smoke free zone, neat looking stove

Yep. They are a bit more pricey than Morso but hold their value incredibly well. I got mine off eBay for about £800. It looked a bit manky but I cleaned it with a bronze brush on my anglegrinder, resprayed it with clearviews own rattlecans, cleaned the glass and fitted new firebricks and it looked like new.
    Even though I bought the stove second hand and is of unknown age Clearview sent me a new handle free of charge as the old one started to wobble and would have also swapped the existing short legs for longer ones free of charge if we had wanted them. Good service

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes ours just pulls straight out – really simple.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a Morso 04 as well. (new this year)

The handle doesn’t come off mine (just tried)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

sorry been away from t’interweb but it was my mistake – ours isn’t an 04. Not sure what model it is but it looks similar. Sorry.

geoffj

weeksy – Member
    i just taught my little fella that fires are hot… he’s not touched it yet and TBH i doubt he ever will.
    POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

This ^^^

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Morso 04 wood stove – anyone here got one?’ is closed to new replies.