Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Morrisey
  • redmex
    Free Member

I’m listening to You Are The Quarry such a good album, anyone else like him ?

mrdobermann
    Free Member

Yeah, particularly The Smiths, never tire of those albums after all those years…

SaxonRider

The Smiths were amazing! That combination of Johnny Marr’s guitar, and Morrissey’s lyrics and voice was second to none.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I don’t wish to sound negative, but I can’t stand him nor The Smiths.

Sadly for me he seems a permanent fixture on Radio X’s 12 track playlist.

mikey74
    Free Member

Loathsome person. Shit music as well.

kelvin

You Are The Quarry was his best album since his first solo effort… that’s a fair gap between two fantastic albums.

(Not someone you’d want to know personally… that’s not unusual when it comes to artists who make a mark though.)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Caher

Love the Smiths, totally unique. Even people who do not like them or understand them regularly quote their song ‘There Is a Light That Never Goes Out’ as among their favourites.

DezB
    Free Member

Do you mean Morrissey?
    The Smiths were good in their time. No interest in Morrissey’s solo stuff at all.

redmex
    Free Member

Yess i forgot a s in his name my spelling mistake, just wondering why he’s so bad in some folks eyes, well i canny stand much u2 stuff and as for their new tune thats getting played it’s dire

funkmasterp

The best thing to come from The Smiths was Johnny Marr playing on a Modest Mouse album.

firestarter
    Free Member

Yup him and the smiths are top 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Irish Blood, English Heart.

RustySpanner

Spanish address?
    🙂

Great band, The Smiths, hence the user name.
    He is a bit of a knob these days though.

kelvin

Made me smile.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Loved the Smiths in the 80s, but I was a moody teenager.

On the plus side, he’s kept his quiff far better than me.
    On the down side, well he’s just a bit of an irrelevant knob these days, surely?

Northwind

redmex – Member

anyone else like him ?

I love some of the music, but not even his mum likes him

bodgy
    Free Member

The Smiths were fantastic. Morrissey’s solo stuff less so; he hasn’t managed a falsetto in years, the poetry has decayed into opinion, the light might not have gone out . . . but it’s guttering.

@rusty spanner – nice! 🙂

kayak23

Enduring songs, very clever lyrics, seems to pin down the awkwardness and disappointments of many a human.
    He’s a numpty sometimes but meh….aren’t we all?…

Put me on the like side please.

oikeith

Last week when I had Radio X on, they decided to play the new single twice in a row, ended up changing channel.

This week, it’s the record of the week, result is again the same, ill change the channel when it comes on.

DezB
    Free Member

just wondering why he’s so bad in some folks eyes

Cos he’s different and an original. Most people like mediocrity (surprised his solo stuff isn’t more popular actually! 🙂 )

jambalaya
    Free Member

Smiths where part of my Uni days, outstanding band. As a Solo artist I don’t really care for him. Unlike Costello who I have followed through his whole career

davieg
    Free Member

He is and can be a truly epic knob, but he is “our” truly epic knob. Electrifying live.

For all that I am a fan, I had no interest in Moz’s autobiography. Johnny Marr’s autobiography “Set the Boy Free”, is a great read however.

myopic
    Free Member

I’ve always found him and the Smiffs dull and dreary

perchypanther
    Free Member

I preferred it when it was Safeway.

bob_summers

spacey

You Are The Quarry such a good album

Agreed on that one, not heard it in ages, remember a line about slate grey Victorian skies which living in Manchester always rings true. Another track on there where he bitches about accountants always made me chuckle.

egb81
    Free Member

How many members of the Smiths does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, there is a light that never goes out.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

My bicycle punctured on a desolate hillside once. 😀

forzafkawi
    Free Member

redmex – Member

I’m listening to You Are The Quarry such a good album, anyone else like him ?

I haven’t listened to it for a while. You’ve inspired me to put it on right now.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

What bob_summers said.

Morrissey was one of the finest lyricists of his generation, just a shame that over the last decades he seems to have such a desperate need for attention that’s he’s turning into a Donald Trump type figure.

Suedehead was easily as good as anything the Smiths did while together, but some of that’s owed to Stephen Street.

Looking over the solo albums its a bit hit and miss, but you would make an epic ‘greatest hits’.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Did some truly great stuff with marr in the smiths.
    Then, unfortunately, he very slowly, but completely, disappeared up his own arse.

ransos
    Free Member

The trouble is that angry young men are much more interesting than grumpy old men.

brakes
    Free Member

seems he’s doing the journalists’ jobs for them now and interviewing himself.

what a charming man.

PrinceJohn

Waste of oxygen… seems like he lives in a different world to most

DezB
    Free Member

A new Morrissey thread and a bumped Morrisey one in the same week How bizarre.

Oh sorry, it was 2 bumped ones.

brakes
    Free Member

I did search, honest.

Pigface
    Free Member

Smiths were fantastic, saw them on the Meat is Murder tour, easiest gig to get to the front 😂

solo stuff is curates egg for me, some blinding songs but a lot of meh as well IMO

on a personal level he isn’t anyone I would want to spend time with.

hugo
    Free Member

Constantly ill and seemingly depressed vegan preaching to others how veganisim is great.

Pillock.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

In the complete absence of any half decent modern music I’m going back to previous decades to discover bands that passed me by first time around. I hated the Smiths in the ’80’s and struggle with them today. The odd half decent track, but just can’t stomach most of their stuff.

As for Morrissey, fair enough he’s different (though  he’s not really) but hate the way he tries to shove his beliefs down the throat of others and if they refuse to agree with him he gets all mardy and aggressive. So a pretty unpleasant character really and not in any way the genius some of his fans seem to say he is. Not a genius at all really. But it’s all down to personal tastes at the end of the day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Morrisey’ is closed to new replies.