Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Moon on a stick content? Travel speakers
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any travel speakers with OKish to better sound quality which are;
    Small
    Light
    USB powered/recharged
    Use a standard headset jack input/output

Thanks in advance!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You need to have thresholds for most of your parameters IMO.

FWIW if you stick speakers in the corner of a room – ideally with hard surfaces – sounds quality or at least efficiency/bass, improves markedly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Erm, thanks, but I know that.

As to “thresholds for most of your parameters”, are you a management consultant or an idiot? Only those two groups use such language in my experience. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK just buy the ones I bought, they are AWESOME, MES sounds great on them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To listen to the shit music the OP listens to most of the time?

Buy any old shite.

simonralli2
    Free Member

This is amazing quality for £13. I have one and use it in a gym. It’s also been backpacking with me too, and survived the Amazon. It ticks every one of your boxes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XMI-X-mini-II-Mini-Speaker/dp/B001UEBN42/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298494636&sr=8-1

The picture shows it expanded for use when playing. You squash it together closed when not in use; it is pretty small.

You can buy more and chain them together, but even just one is excellent and you can’t argue for the price. There are a very large number of reviews for it too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ Darcy! But all that poodle permed cockrock needs a little something!

Simon, that looks pretty much spot on, thanks! Will look in to that a little more.

onandon
    Free Member

I had the same spec as you last year. In the end I purchased a Yamaha NX-U10.not cheap but really good sound for what it is and plently of bass.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Simon, that looks pretty much spot on, thanks! Will look in to that a little more.

Actually, a good mate has those. Swears by them – they really are something – despite their parameter thresholds 😉

Bez

X-Mini rocks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Again, 😆 @ Darcy!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well it isn’t exactly going to trouble a NAIM, but for the money I do not think you can get much better for a travel speaker.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Actually, a good mate has those. Swears by them

That bit was actually true though.

kimbers

i have these sound quality is good but they arent particularly loud

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Travel-Sound-P30-Speakers/dp/B000KHYMOS/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

they are quite tough though taken them backpacking in peru and camping in wet wet wales

user-removed
    Free Member

I bought a set of THESE
    about three years ago – loud as you like, really very good sound quality for what it is and only start distorting when the AA batteries die. Got mine on ebay for a shade over a tenner too – all good!

They’ve been taken on every camping trip and bike tour – got wet, had wine spilt on them – still going strong. Having said all that, I notice the place I linked to is out of stock – ebay maybe?

bearGrease

http://www.reghardware.com/2010/06/28/ten_essential_travel_speakers/

Looks like the Altec Lansing are the one to go for…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The xmi minis are brill! I got one (mean git) for my godsons birthday – he raved about it so I got him the second one. I got to hear them a few weeks later and was impressed. Ok they are seriously tiny. But impressive – esp for watching dvds. Still a lack of bass but fits in the palm of your hand.

So impressed was my misses she asked for one to use on hols with the laptop to watch dvds. Charges from usb. LOUD! Ok to good sound quality. £12 each iirc locally.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Moon on a stick content? Travel speakers’ is closed to new replies.