Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mongoose Argus Sport
  • 5thElefant
    Free Member

I’ve just spotted these:

At £599 they might seem sensible.

Anyone know anything about them?

zzjabzz
    Free Member

I don’t know. Not too much info on them. Spec seems about right for the money. Anyway, I went to the pub yesterday afternoon and ended up ordering one when I got home :-/
    I’ll let you know when I know…

40mpg

It looks like a fat-bike…

Given the kit on it though, I’m sure this will weigh up pretty hefty. Depends what you want it for – a very slow bimble along the beach and it will be fine, and it’ll generate queries from bystanders outside the pub. If you want something a bit more versatile, which you can use in the woods and enjoy longer rides on, I’d save a few more pennies and get the On-One.

Mechanical disks may suffer from corroding cables, plus BB and hub bearings may suffer if you take it too close to the water though as I cant imagine seals will be great at that price point.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

zzjabzz, has it arrived?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Bump for this thread…..has anyone actually bought one of these yet……I have been looking online at them as I don’t want to commit particularly to an expensive On One Fatty/Trail Fatty….I note this model only has 135mm hub spacing whereas next model up sports 150mm so Bluto ready…….but the whole idea for me is simplicity and monster grip/ mud flotation…..

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

Monster grip will be an issue for the on ones as they have been 170 rear spacing which means it probably won’t take 5inch rubber. One of the big reasons I didn’t get one.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I can’t trials ride like Chris Akrigg but can sit and tick the pedals over and Gravity is already my friend 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

Bump for this thread…..has anyone actually bought one of these yet……I have been looking online at them as I don’t want to commit particularly to an expensive On One Fatty/Trail Fatty….I note this model only has 135mm hub spacing whereas next model up sports 150mm so Bluto ready…….but the whole idea for me is simplicity and monster grip/ mud flotation…..

Have you spotted a European supplier for the next model up?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Funnily enough no but they are listed on Mongoose UK website available through their list of dealers……..and there’s loads of them in the UK according to Mongoose website.

Northwind

It looks good that. But maybe a little bit down on spec where it counts, and up on price, compared to the Dune? Nicer drivetrain, though.And the Voodoo’s supposedly going to be back in stock in November, for another competitor.

Suggsey
    Free Member

To be honest it’s the 8 speed drivetrain that put me right off the Dune (11-34 too). I know the tyres and wheels are lighter but I was working on the basis that the tyres will wear pretty fast and just replace them with lightweight rubber. The overall weight on the Dune is great for the value but the other main diwnside fir me is the size….or lack of it! 6′ 01″ tall, 33″ inside leg…

Northwind

Yah, too small then definitely.

TBH cheaper drivetrains usually work well, it’s a sensible place to save money on a bike.

Suggsey
    Free Member

It is but not if you have to buy in 8 speed quick links 😆

Xylene
    Free Member

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

On a fatbike I’d take the cheaper groups option with better wheels. Drive train upgrade isn’t that expensive and its just normal bike stuff but wheels or anything else fat specific are usually expensive and limited in options.

Northwind

Gumwalls though. I bought mine mostly because it was yellow, but gumwalls might have overruled that.

Xylene
    Free Member

Gumwalls though. I bought mine mostly because it was yellow, but gumwalls might have overruled that.

I’ve seen one in the flesh and it is erection inducing, it’s like a massive Raleigh Burner.

Sadly only available in M here, but the temptation to buy a carbon frame from China, buy the bike, and put all the parts on is strong, carbon and gumwalls would be a thing of pure decadence

5thElefant
    Free Member

These cheap fat bike suppliers really don’t want to make it easy to sell stuff.
    No Argus Comp for the UK:

Thank you for contacting CSG UK.

The Argus Comp is not available in the UK line. This bike is only available in the Sport model.

We apologise for not being able to help you on this occasion.

Kind regards

CSG UK

droid
    Free Member

Black Friday deal at All Terrain Cycles.
    The Argus is down to £476 delivered
    https://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/Mongoose-Argus-Sport-Fat-Bike-2016

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mongoose Argus Sport’ is closed to new replies.