Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – Lost Kingdom of Darwen
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Monday Night Pub Ride road show is at it again next week.

Mr Sparkle will be showing us the delights of The Lost Kingdom of Darwen. He’ll be along shortly to give details.

Junkyard
    Free Member

There is a reasonable chance of me making this ride – MrSparkle -length ish as toying with cycling over from Chorley but this adds about 3 hours to your ride time

MrSparkle

Reet, here’s the script.
    KO 8:15pm from The Royal Hotel, Tockholes BB3 0PA

A fairly leisure tour of the local vicinity. Some obvious bits, some not so. Distance? Not too far – the aim is to be in the pub and tucked into a pint by 10:00pm.
    I will ask for an indication of how many people are coming nearer to the time so that I can arrange the

FREE CHIPS

that the pub will put on for us. If you are available then please come along. It’ll be fun.

MrSparkle

This sort o’ thing.

binners

I’m in! I was up there a couple of weeks back and I can’t remember the trails ever being in better nick

And free chips? Whats not to like?

Remember the rules….

Monday night club BW by binlidski, on Flickr

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Bugger. I’m away next week, but I’d love to come and join you the week after, if that’s ok ?

Harry_the_Spider

but I’d love to come and join you the week after, if that’s ok ?

Sure.

Keep a look out on here next Thursday to find out where we are the week after.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Nice, will do. Providing I bring everything back in one piece 😳

binners

The week after is the proposed Edenfield/Coal Road/Cragg Quarry/Turbines/Owd Betts loop. Should be good

Bregante

Free chips?

I may have to engineer a situation which means I don’t need to work til 11 on Monday.

*dons thinking cap

GiantVern
    Free Member

I’ll be there on me ewd single speed 🙂

lowey

Dang. Taxi duties that night for the kids going to Rhianna.

My back yard too. 🙁

MrSparkle

Bloody hell, Lowey I’m starting to think we’ve had a tiff that I don’t know about! 😉

Vern – good choice.

Had a bit of a whiz round last night and conditions are at an all time high. Glorious in fact.

This could be you on Monday night…

Harry_the_Spider

Why, was he meant to be getting you gig tickets too?

wors

lowey – Member
    Dang. going to Rhianna.

Mincer. 😆

GregMay
    Free Member

I do believe I shall be along for this. Free chips was the clincher.

hallz
    Free Member

I will more than likely join you for this one and may have a couple of mates as well.

Tell them to peel a few extra spuds!

rOcKeTdOg

free chips? awesome

MrSparkle

The more the merrier! Roll up, roll up! I need to let the Landlady know number for the chips soon so please let me know if you are definitely on for it asap. Ta.

binners

Looks like there’s 4 of us coming over from rammy. Contemplating riding over but that’s a lot of climbing to get home after!

Harry_the_Spider

Count me in.

binners

I thought you had an Acid Zumba class?

Clover

Boo. Missing the free chips. But going to Coed y Brenin. With free Chipps 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I thought you had an Acid Zumba class?

Acid Zumba has been discussed in a grown up manner. Normal service has been resumed.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Whoa there Binners. First I’ve heard we might be riding over? Quite liked my car journey home last week.

MrSparkle

Wow, Zumba on acid. 😯

Clover – it’s a shame you (and his Lordship) won’t be coming over, young lady. Maybe another time.

Binners/soap – I thought I was keen riding too and from the pub and I live in Darwen! I *may* stay for more than one pint though…

Bregante

With a plan that is as cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University, I may just be able to make this! 8)

hallz
    Free Member

Looks like me plus 3 will be joining you – looking forward to it!

binners

Fair point! The car wins. My turn to drive fella.

jaqsobo
    Free Member

Coooeeee! I’d like to come too please? Spillipe will make sure he gets back from work in time for me to get there.

GregMay
    Free Member

I’m there, will have a lift going from Manchester if anyone needs one. Heading out from work.

MrSparkle

Jacs – great! ;0)

GregMay – good man.

It’s going to be a lovely night for it.

MrSparkle

Tonight’s the night. Be there or be square, kids!

D0NK

Me and Si will be there, will ride over with you.

Harry_the_Spider

Good work Mr Sparkle.

Strava!

Next week… Turbines!

binners

Cracking run again tonight chaps! And free chips? Is that now setting the gold standard?

MrSparkle

Thanks to everyone who came last night. That was bloody great! It gave me a lot of pleasure showing a great group of people round my local trails especially as they were in such lovely condition (the trails that is…). If you came and enjoyed it then please show your appreciation on here for Alison the Landlady of the Royal who not only opened especially for us but provided the free chips. I will be forwarding a link to this thread to her.
    Thanks again everybody and if you fancy coming up to ride in Darwen again then give me a shout.

GregMay
    Free Member

Great ride last night, perfect trail conditions, beer and chips. What more to ask for?

Thanks to all for putting up with my chain hopping shenannigans, thanks for the pub for opening especially for us. Not sure that any local pub round may way would do that. Will drop in next time I am in the area 🙂

Bregante

+1 Mr Sparkle. Top trails and a top local pub you’ve got there. If I hadn’t been driving I could have happily settled myself into a few more pints of Glen Top. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – Lost Kingdom of Darwen’ is closed to new replies.