Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Mobiwasher/ Dirtworker etc???
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

So, whats good in the world of mobile washers then??

Having just come back from SSUK, where the course was somewhat “claggy”,I need to get a decent bike washer.

So, whats good out there??

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

I have a mobi washer, its does the job well enough. Wiggle are selling them for £60 at the moment…

singletracksurfer

just got mobi to replace my dirtworker and prefer it.
    it has got the battery pack which is useful too.

tollah
    Free Member

Having just come back from SSUK, where the course was somewhat “claggy”,I need to get a decent bike washer.

Me too but took my Dirt Worker so had a shower whilst there and managed to get most of the clagg off of the bike! It works best when the mud is still wet.

legspin
    Free Member

But isn’t the point of singlespeed not having to wash it?

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve had Mobi and DW and much prefer the DW (as it still works and the Mobi doesn’t)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

legspin – Member
    But isn’t the point of singlespeed not having to wash it?

No.

legspin
    Free Member

really?

nxb1
    Free Member

Got a mobi last Christmas. Very happy with it. Clears most of the mud off the bike. Not substitute for a wash by hand, tho. The mobi stores enough water to hose down a couple of bikes.

Not used a DW so cannot compare.

Nxb1

BoardinBob
    Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Actually Wiggle now has the Mobi at £50…and them you get a few quid off from quidco too. 😯

Finally pushed the button on this one

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just got a Mobi from Wiggle for £50..

🙂

Duggan

Just ordered the Mobi from Wiggle too. It felt slightly extravagant (I’m meant to be saving) but £50 seems worth a punt.

I live in a flat so cleaning my bike is a nuisance. Doesn’t bother me too much in the Summer but hoping this will make it less grim when it’s freezing.

Milky
    Free Member

I’ve got a mobi and I’ve been using it a whole lot over the last two years. It’s got a few dents and scratches but it still works like new.

jedi

i had a green jet washer thingy but the plastic connectore kept braking so i binned it

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

£50? bugger, i shoulda waited a week!

Taff
    Free Member

Mobi was the better one when I had to use them but I still prefer a garden sprayer!

foxyrider
    Free Member

£43 with £5 off then 3% TCB and 1% CC CB 🙂 – I expect they are coming out with new models for 2012?

fbk
    Free Member

Now look what you’ve made me do! Thanks for the heads up on the Wiggle price – one on it’s way now 🙂
    There is a newer model Rich – the v17 is the one to have now as it comes with a seperate battery pack 🙂

jimc101
    Free Member

I got a v17 at the start of the year, living in a 2nd floor flat with no outside water connection, it’s great, as bringing in a muddy bike wasn’t much fun, far easier than washing with a bucket.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I have a V17 and it’s brilliant but the seals in the bottom of the pump unit tend to leak, Mark 1 models had black seals which were then replaced by clear seals but they aren’t any better. If you twist the tank off regularly like I do (to fit it under a tap in a sink for instance) then the seals don’t stay watertight, so apply a bit of petroleum jelly to them and it works fine.

Power of the jet is ample and can do two bikes in one tank, wouldn’t be without one.

I also put warm water in it and hose the dogs down after a muddy walk

foxyrider
    Free Member

I also put warm water in it

Would also work for the bike 🙂

legend
    Free Member

+1 for brand x. However, if I was buying today I’d be all over the mobi – just for the cheapness

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

My brand-x one is ****. The oring went in the handle so I replaced it, which worked for a while. The handle itself then cracked, then the other week the pump died.

Also the top of the lid has a hole drilled in it which lets water slosh out when it’s in the car. A check valve or even a section of tube sticking out would have prevented this.

Just ordered up a mobi, cheers for the heads up, and hopefully it’s a bit better quality!

prezet
    Free Member

£50 for the mobi ones. Proper Dickenson – just ordered one 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My £50 Mobi turned up from Wiggle yesterday..

Looks spotty dog IMHO.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought a laser tools one off ebay for £30, no inbuilt tank, but the change easily paid for a 25ltr water carier from halfords, so to all practical purposes the water’s unlimited.

Not very powerfull though, removes mud but leaves a layer/mark where the muds been.

fbk
    Free Member

My £43.50 one from Wiggle arrived yesterday – very nice too 😉

stumpy01

One of the best bike purchases I made for the winter months; a dirtworker.
    Had mine for about 3 yrs now & it’s great for winter riding…..go on ride, get bike muddy…..get back & dirt worker it, stick some GT85 on the chain, followed by some Finish Line Wet lube, plus a squirt on the pedals, mechs etc……..wipe down fork stanchions & shock with a cloth……ready for next outing.

If I am going somewhere in the car, then I stick the lube & a cloth in a bag with a small brush, so it’s all there and easy to use.

foxyrider
    Free Member

My £43.50 one from Wiggle arrived yesterday – very nice too

me too – however I have not had car transport to get it back from work until Sat 🙂

lucien

Back up to £59.99 but it does qualify for free postage 😀

TiRed

I use one of these – £11 from amazon

Works flawlessly, with enough warm soapy water for two or three bikes.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

just got mobi to replace my dirtworker and prefer it.
    it has got the battery pack which is useful too.

Not used the Mobi, but the batt pack could be useful.

When my first DW died it was replaced, no questions asked. +1 for customer service and a good product to boot.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Mobiwasher/ Dirtworker etc???’ is closed to new replies.