Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mobile Pressure Washers- Do I need one? Which is best?
  • rep341
    Free Member

Its that time of year and a little blast off at the end of the day would be good.
    Which is best?
    Points to watch note?
    Do you carry extra water? Is it more faff? Are battery life rubbish? Is the power they produce rubbish?

Voices of experience required

Albanach
    Free Member

Had a dirtworker for around 6 years, not a bad word to say about it. Will do 2 bikes depending onhowsparkling you want them. Good for washing down manky gear after a ride too. Only carried extra water a few times if I knew it was going to do more than 2 bikes. Excellent customer service as well.

kilo

Got the cheaper of the two Mobi blue washers last year, very pleased with it, was only about £90 iirc. We have to wheel / carry the bikes back through the house to get to the shed so it’s great to get the mud off out on the trails. Does two bikes.

stumpy01

Which is best?
    Points to watch note?
    Do you carry extra water? Is it more faff? Are battery life rubbish? Is the power they produce rubbish?

I’ve used a Dirtworker (which I own) and a Mobi (original one). The mobi seemed quite fragile.
    Points to watch – nothing really. Using a brush with one will make the water go a lot further than just trying to blast it off.
    I don’t carry extra water – dirtworker will do 2 bikes easy.
    More faff? No way. One of the best bike accessories I have bought
    I wouldn’t get a battery one…..you’ll be mainly using it from your car won’t you??

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

+1 dirt worker
    +1 fortheir customer service too

dead handy for a quick clean straight after a ride – can of GT85 a rag and some chain lube,and your good to go again. Can’t beat putting the bike away ready to go.

If you plan on doing anything like Mountain Mayhem or Sleepless they can be the difference between a good or literally sh@t weekend

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I picked up one of those MobiWashers when Wiggle where banginmg them out at £50..

Great bit of kit IMHO, and as I don’t have an outside tap, its been pretty useful TBH..

hammerite
    Free Member

Same as Teeto, Mobi for £50 from Wiggle. Does the job fine, really happy with it.

My only problem with it is that I bought it for the cross season and we haven’t had a muddy race yet!

RustyMac

Any deals out there on the dirt worker?

Seems the cheapest place for the mobi is wiggle at £70

kentos1978
    Free Member

I’ve got one for sale if you’re interested. It’s a few years old but still works fine. Got it when I lived in a flat but since I got a house I dont use it.

Looking for £25 + postage (or collection from Aberdeen?).

Can send pictures if you’re interested.

benjbish

Kentos – If it’s not already been shotgunned. I should be keen depending on postage costs, any ideas on how much? Pictures to benjbish at hotmail dot com if still available?

Thanks,

Ben.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I have a dirtworker, a mate has the crc/brand x version. The jet is slightly stronger on the crc/brand x.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Pressure Washers- Do I need one? Which is best?’ is closed to new replies.