Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mobile phones received that I didn't order – scam.
  • djglover
    Free Member

Anyone heard of this scam? I received 2 prepaid blackberry and SIM cards yesterday worth about £400. Called vodaphone and they have been paid for in a credit card registered to my name and address, but its not one of my cards. I’ve checked with experian and nothing other than my accounts show here too.

I’m presuming someone was hoping to interecept them, but its also very odd that someone can set up a credit card without me receiving any paperwork.

Has this happened to anyone else,

wwaswas

happened to me twice, about 6 months apart.

I was worried they were going to try and intercept the phones on the way back to O2 (in my case) so I took the phone to a store and asked them to handle the return for me after gioving me a receipt for it.

It’s very difficult to get info out of the phone company (I couldn;t even get a returns number as I didn’t know the answer to the security questions – ‘But it’s a fraudulent purchase how would I know the answers’ = ‘I’m sorry sir but we can’t discuss the matter with you as you’re not the account holder’).

The police aren’t interested as the phone company are the victim of the crime, not you and they haven’t reported it.

Frutsrating experience all round, really, and never did get an explanation.

epicyclo

I’d be deeply concerned that someone was running around with a credit card in my name.

Cougar

Ask voda which company issued the card, ring the card issuer.

crankboy
    Free Member

There is a credit card, that i assume is not going to be paid off, registered to your address in your name . That would be my big worry if i was you .

zippykona

My friend had this happen. Normally they knock on your door and say that their parcel has been wrongly delivered. No knock came and I am using the phone now. Thank you mr scamster.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phones received that I didn't order – scam.’ is closed to new replies.