Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • mobile phone network '3' – anybody contracted to them ?
  • Supertackysteve
    Free Member

i used to be with them years ago and they were very rubbish reception wise – always dropping calls especially whilst on the move. Thinking of trying them again as there deals are amazing – anyone with them now that can say anything about them -good or bad
    thanks

chakaping
    Free Member

Just gone out of contract and can’t wait to leave them. Awful customer service.

Reception OK here but then it should be where I live, bit rubbish out in the countryside.

edit: have just registered for a giffgaff sim, have a look at their deals

stumpy01

My other half is on 3.
    Seems OK reception-wise.
    She hasn’t really had to deal with customer service apart from when her phone started playing up and to be fair, they sorted it out pretty quickly and without fuss.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    v8ninety

Can’t fault them. Good customer service, great coverage, best deals. What’s not to like. (coverage improved drastically since they did a deal with orange to piggyback their 2g service when three’s 3G not available. Now almost never without a signal, even in rural Shropcestershire)

br
    Free Member

We’re all on 3 (with free 3-3 it makes sense); no problems at all.

IME all mobiles’ suffer from reception loss at some time or other.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Coming up to 9 years with then now, signal tends to a bit weak sometimes but I get 3G in most places whet other networks dont get anything. Internet speeds are excellent, only voda comes close but 3 is better.

Never had any issue with the customer service the odd few times I’ve used it

Cougar

OH had a dongle she didn’t really want bundled with a purchase. She rang to cancel it, and the ‘agent’ on the phone was an absolute disgrace, wouldn’t cancel it until she was almost in tears.

For that reason, I’m oot.

footflaps

As mentioned above, they now share networks, so have much better national coverage:

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/communication-breakdown-10000030/orange-to-join-t-mobile-3-network-share-10018527/

amt27
    Free Member

i’m with them, no reception at home and no reception at work,
    basically pay £11 a month for a device that allows me to read my emails on the bog in the morning, over a wifi connection which I pay separately for

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

Thanks everyone , much appreciated 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. hang on…

Being an ex Voda contract holder I changed to 3. So signed up with an 18mth contract.

Since having the handset I’ve encountered the following:

Reception, Ok, ok except in the South Downs where often you get no reception at all, and i’m not just talking about being in the valleys either. In and around major conerbations it’s ok though, though I live in between two major cities I still don’t have 3G, only the odd flicker now and again, which is dissapointing considering the vast amount of people down here. Other than that it’s reasonably quick, no call drop outs, download speeds often take a little time to get going but streaming YouTube stuff seems to be fine. Mails and texts no problem at all. Streaming music has been no problem, acessing STW via t’internet in Sotty station is non exsistant, but once through the tunnel it’s fine (just pointing out odd coverage)

I too have suffered with customer service. They have been pretty awful TBH. Simple change of DD dates caused 4 months of torture and repeated call to-from them to sort it.. This ought to be the first “trouble free month” I’ll let you know. If you really dig your heels in and get past the 1st line “script readers” then the service ramps up a bit to the level of almost being a resolution seeking environment, but you do have to ram home your argument many, many, many, nany x 45000 times to actually get some sort of resolution.
    Having said that I did receive a free dongle with £30.00 on it for roaming from them when I finally lost my patience last month.. And pretty much had to get through to the call center manager to seek resolution.

Now, if you take that fekup out of the equasion, all’s reasonable really..

But how often do you have to contact Cust Service? well me twice in 11 years with voda, yet (roughly) 19 times with 3 in the last 4 months.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

after over ten years of orange (good coverage but terrible cs when it came to upgrades)

then a few more with o2 (good deal on an Iphone 3G, shame O2’s 3G signal didn’t exist)

i’m now with 3 and have no issues whatsoever; coverage for me is fine, if anything the best i’ve had – no issues with billing etc.

while as for my work mobile (Orange) coverage is getting worse with their deal with T-Mobile (turning off masts in an urban area) and now hardy receive an orange signal, just a poor T-mobile one

colande
    Free Member

left 3 as soon as i could,
    but it was all down to the signal in general,
    really erratic!
    but i know loads of other people who used them for years.

best advice is to get a free 3 sim and see what the signal is like in ur house etc
    https://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Free_SIM/Order?id=1397

scud
    Free Member

I have a 3 iPhone and it is bloody awful.

It has become a running joke that they are called 3 as there is only three places in britain they work.

I have had to buy a Vodafone PAYT phone to take on the bike with me as every time i step outside a major city it won’t work, my in-laws live in Norfolk and I cannot get a reception anywhere outside on Norwich, been with the bike to Exmoor, Highlands, south and north Wales and again the reception drops right off. But it is not just remote places, I cannot get a signal on half of the M25 that I travel in the morning or indoors in my flat near Guidlford.

Customer Services are terrible also, my first iPhone had a faulty aerial, they simply said that they would fix it,so they sent it off, was left without a phone for nearly a month, then found that they had wiped it completely of all contacts and all the apps (many of which i had paid for).

Cougar

You know you can just download them again, right?

scud
    Free Member

I did, but it would have been nice of them to mention the fact that they were going to wipe the phone.

None of my contacts were saved onto PC, so lost numerous numbers and email addresses.

3 aren’t the only ones terrible for customer services. Last week I had to make calls to Zurich Home Insurance, 3, Virgin Media and Royal and Sun Alliance. Not once did I get through to someone in the UK and not once did I get a satisfactory response.

Rant over………

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

hmmm, my main area is rochdale to blackburn corridor – anyone in these areas able to shed any light on signal etc. have a mate who got iphone 4s 2 weeks ago on 3 and he thinks it’s great but i did want a more general opinion – thanks to all so far

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Just gone from an O2 iPhone 3G to 3 iPhone 4s

We are in an area where we get crap signal from everyone.
    So i bought a cheap PAYG mobile from 3 and tested the area first.

Got iPhone via Quidco (£115 cashback) and £20 of cases thrown in

And the reception is hugely better than O2 with speedtest showing 3mbps and upload faster than my adsl…
    So no more bills from O2 for going over my data limit either…

I just hope I never ever need customer services…

edlong
    Free Member

As above, good signal, rubbish customer service

woody74

Reception is fine but terrible customer service. Classics Indian call centre where they are very polite but don’t have a clue and you have to explain the problem 20 times. If your getting an iPhone, 3 don’t do visual voicemail which is a pain. When my contract runs out will I stick with them ? Probably not unless they are loads cheaper. Don’t want to give my money to a company that’s so difficult to deal with.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

damn… didnt know about the voicemail thing… that’s a real shame

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘mobile phone network '3' – anybody contracted to them ?’ is closed to new replies.