Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Mitsubushi L200 owners opinions? Issues?
  • 1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I had spring assisters on my old one and that improved the handling no end, miss it on the current one.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

As has been said above not a car and not really designed to be used as a car.

Ancient outdated suspension makes them dangerous, I’ve seen 2 trying to stop on motorways quickly and 1. They couldnt 2. They couldnt stop in a straight line. Scary

Oh and they are good at killing pedestrians compared to a normal car.

rickmeister

The VW T5 will take bikes in the back, wheels on. A Kombi has a double and single seat in the back which helps. Bikes will go in the back, across with the front wheel turned. Or, front wheels off length ways behind the seats.

All the above is for a SWB, a LWB will obviously be easier..

HTH

amplebrew

honourablegeorge – Member
    @amplebraw – will the SWB Combi fit bikes in the back, wheels on?

Yes bikes will go in the back but at an angle.

I tend to take the front wheels off and pack them length ways standing up as I also have a dog cage in the back.

Don’t forget that the rear seats also fold forward so you’ve pretty much got the same length as a standard Transporter SWB give or take a few inches allowing for the folded seat.

Weasel
    Free Member

Mate of mine had a L200 as a company vehicle and had the catalytic converter nicked twice when parked outside his house.

Apparently as the vehicle is high off the ground it’s very easy to access the underneath and remove the cat with pipe cutters or such tools of the trade.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Funky dunc driver error is nothing to do with suspension

Ever hit the brakes in an empty van at speed and seen what happens ? Same thing

Its a lack of weigh over wheels that causes is thats why land rover have been using air spring to retain their towing ability but improve road handling – first thing most discovery owners do – fit coils as airs are shite

Its people driving it like it was a car thats the issue its designed to carry a tonne in the back – bit like people who say defenders are not comfy – its not designed to be a mile muncher its designed to get across terrain a car cant but quicker than a tractor ……

Tools for jobs n all that

flange
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat, getting rid of my astravan and car to get just one vehicle. I’m surprised at the cost of transporters, thought they were much more than that.

@ Amplebrew – I’ve just had a look at the Renault site and they look as expensive as the t5, do you have a link handy?

I’ve also been looking at Discovery 4 Commercials but they’re a bit thin on the ground and quite expensive. look massive in the back though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Flange if new not much difference tbh but used renaults cost buttons and vws cost a bomb even with galactic miles !

Vw aint what it used to be and id buy a used renault over used newer vw any day ….

honourablegeorge

@ rick & ample – Cheers. Just need to persuade the Mrs to trade her car in for one now.

amplebrew

flange – Member
    I’m in the same boat, getting rid of my astravan and car to get just one vehicle. I’m surprised at the cost of transporters, thought they were much more than that.

@ Amplebrew – I’ve just had a look at the Renault site and they look as expensive as the t5, do you have a link handy?

I’ve also been looking at Discovery 4 Commercials but they’re a bit thin on the ground and quite expensive. look massive in the back though

I got a quote for a Renault Trafic from Arnold Clark. They were by far the cheapest at the time. Have a look here to contact them.

honourablegeorge – Member
    @ rick & ample – Cheers. Just need to persuade the Mrs to trade her car in for one now.

That’s cool, good luck!!

derekrides
    Free Member

I had one back in the day when it was tax efficient, loved it, chipped it and still think they’re cool have since had a couple of others, but the L200 was the first so have fond memories, it didn’t have a brilliant turning circle but in all other aspects it was reliable and served me well.

My latest acquisition however does eclipse it.

I ‘ve got a VW Amarok, which has probably the most fuel efficient engine of all the trucks (i’ve had and or rented them all). it drives well, about as car like as a truck can be, not the most expensive truck on the market and has the usual VW standard, a little bit more utilitarian than say the Toyota, but it’s a v-dub so cooler.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Mitsubushi L200 owners opinions? Issues?’ is closed to new replies.